Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

Are Luke and Vader Equals? Empty Are Luke and Vader Equals?

March 4th 2020, 3:42 pm
I've seen it claimed a lot on CV and sometimes here that Vader is far above Luke (ROTJ) in canon. Never seen substantiation for it though. Are there any quotes that claim that Luke and Vader are equals, or that one is stronger?
DarthAdi
DarthAdi

Are Luke and Vader Equals? Empty Re: Are Luke and Vader Equals?

March 4th 2020, 3:47 pm
By ROTJ they are probably equals. I didn't see anyone except MyGod claim that Vader is far above. I guess you can make a case that Vader was hindered but even if he was it's unlikely that there is any huge disparity between them.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 4th 2020, 3:47 pm
DarthAdi wrote:By ROTJ they are probably equals. I didn't see anyone except MyGod claim that Vader is far above. I guess you can make a case that Vader was hindered but even if he was it's unlikely that there is any huge disparity between them.
Yeah that's fair. I was really referencing MyGod in the comment here lol.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 4th 2020, 4:47 pm
ROTJ Vader is supposedly conflicted until the very end, where Luke is enraged. But yes, they should be.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 4th 2020, 5:03 pm
They are equals in technical skill (lightsaber specifically) and actualised power (in the Force), but how serious Vader was during his duel with Luke is kinda inconsistent.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

March 4th 2020, 5:19 pm
Latham2000 wrote:They are equals in technical skill (lightsaber specifically) and actualised power (in the Force), but how serious Vader was during his duel with Luke is kinda inconsistent.
more or less this. in canon, it seems to be that vader was more serious than in legends, imo. i mean, yeah, some factors are still there (mental states, and the presence of sheev), but i think they might handle it more differently in canon
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

March 4th 2020, 6:04 pm
 This has been said several times but most notably in Jedi Battles and the RotJ comic
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 4th 2020, 6:07 pm
@AlakanSpacewalker Area Jedi Battles and/or ROTJ comic canon? I thought they were legends.
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

March 4th 2020, 6:07 pm
IG wrote:@AlakanSpacewalker Area Jedi Battles and/or ROTJ comic canon? I thought they were legends.

Jedi Battles isn’t but as far as I know the comic should count. The real question is how did Luke match him with Relatively little training.
DarthAdi
DarthAdi

March 4th 2020, 6:24 pm
The ROTJ comic was published before the split so it's not canon.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

March 4th 2020, 8:02 pm
AlakanSpacewalker wrote:
IG wrote:@AlakanSpacewalker Area Jedi Battles and/or ROTJ comic canon? I thought they were legends.

Jedi Battles isn’t but as far as I know the comic should count. The real question is how did Luke match him with Relatively little training.
Canon Luke doesn't have "relatively little training." His training is actually pretty extensive compared to his Legends counterpart. The ongoing Marvel comics are about to introduce another Jedi instructor he had between ESB and RotJ, since he felt betrayed by Yoda and Ben. We also know he trained against several Magnaguards for some time on Nar Shaddaa, has regularly trained with multiple remotes at once for hours on end, and was trained by the son of a Jedi for over a month shortly before ESB.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

March 4th 2020, 8:23 pm
No. Not in legends, not in canon
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum