Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

Umbaran Resistance (TCW) Vs Hoth Siege force  Empty Umbaran Resistance (TCW) Vs Hoth Siege force

February 26th 2020, 10:07 am
The Siege of Umbara is taking place on a planet wide scale.

One side of the coin, we have the full military Might of the Hoth Strike team, led by Canon beginning ESB Vader. 

On the other side, we have the CIS aided Umbaran Militia, led by General Kalani + Pong Krell. 

Neither side can request re-enforcement's in any capacity. Only the forces granted to them for their individual battles. The planet must remain habitable in order to declare victory at the end. 

The Empire must be able to secure the capital of Umbara, and stifle out the military presence left, in order to declare victory.
The Umbarans must be able to drive the Empire out of the Umbaran system in order to declare victory.
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

Umbaran Resistance (TCW) Vs Hoth Siege force  Empty Re: Umbaran Resistance (TCW) Vs Hoth Siege force

February 26th 2020, 12:44 pm
I’d be surprised to see the Umbarans successfully hold off the more technologically and strategically advanced Empire. Vader has the advantage of already having engaged with those planetary forces and is similarly familiar with Krell, so even at the highest levels of leadership the Empire has the advantage.
The Witness
The Witness

Umbaran Resistance (TCW) Vs Hoth Siege force  Empty Re: Umbaran Resistance (TCW) Vs Hoth Siege force

February 27th 2020, 5:39 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Vader can solo
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

February 27th 2020, 7:16 am
Canon Vader and the empire wins, it legends then Vader dies.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

February 27th 2020, 8:19 am
IG wrote:Canon Vader and the empire wins, it legends then Vader dies.

Why?

But the OP specified Canon anyway.

I’m not sure why though he’s included the Hoth forces, as I see that he’s gimping the Empire.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 2nd 2020, 4:05 pm
The Umbarans allegedly had missiles with a 100 megaton yield. The Tsar Bomb, the biggest nuclear explosion in history, was 50 megatons. Vader and the Imperials should in theory get atomised.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

March 2nd 2020, 7:02 pm
BoD wrote:The Umbarans allegedly had missiles with a 100 megaton yield. The Tsar Bomb, the biggest nuclear explosion in history, was 50 megatons. Vader and the Imperials should in theory get atomised.

If it's those missiles that we see within the episode, those hardly looked to be in the megaton range.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 2nd 2020, 7:44 pm
Zenwolf wrote:
BoD wrote:The Umbarans allegedly had missiles with a 100 megaton yield. The Tsar Bomb, the biggest nuclear explosion in history, was 50 megatons. Vader and the Imperials should in theory get atomised.

If it's those missiles that we see within the episode, those hardly looked to be in the megaton range.
Since when has Star Wars ever portrayed physics correctly?
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

March 2nd 2020, 8:08 pm
BoD wrote:
Zenwolf wrote:

Granted I'll give you that one, especially when it comes to TCW.

Though wasn't there something about Obi-Wan stating that the fleet was also being attacked? Wouldn't it make more sense that those would be the 100 megaton missiles, instead of the ones that we see? 

Still regardless yeah, physics isn't entirely the most accurate with SW. Though I think they did a good job portraying nuclear/thermonuclear firepower....well previous Canon wise I mean.

But all that said, I'm not sure the Ground Forces are suited for this type of environment. I'm pretty sure the AT-ATs are screwed over here big time and that was the major part of the Hoth force. In fact, it seems to me looking at Umbara, a lot of the Imperial vehicles are gonna be hard to use, the Clones didn't seem to use any sort of heavy walkers or anything of the sort, at best they used AT-RTs.

The Imperials won't be seeing the enemy as per the Clone forces couldn't either at least initially or that they can only do so up close which isn't helping matters.

Vader is the only one gonna be able to do anything, but that's only because of his experience and obvious use of The Force, but he isn't gonna be taking the entire planet solo. Sure he could explain to his forces what to expect, but that doesn't solve the issues that they have here.

Last edited by Zenwolf on March 2nd 2020, 8:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

March 2nd 2020, 8:26 pm
BoD wrote:
Zenwolf wrote:

Vader has tanked the full power of an ion canon which has the power to completely override and shut down an ISD's shields.

Vader tanks your puny bomb  Umbaran Resistance (TCW) Vs Hoth Siege force  4233314142 Umbaran Resistance (TCW) Vs Hoth Siege force  3344068304 Umbaran Resistance (TCW) Vs Hoth Siege force  3344068304
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum