Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

Is TCW S7 T-Canon? Empty Is TCW S7 T-Canon?

February 25th 2020, 1:43 pm
I've seen lots of news outlets and sources report this is apart of Lucas' vision and universe, but I haven't found any quotes.

Has anyone seen anything? If so, then Maul vs Ahsoka should perhaps be included in our Legends discussions.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

Is TCW S7 T-Canon? Empty Re: Is TCW S7 T-Canon?

February 25th 2020, 1:50 pm
idk if ur gonna like my response, but i think it depends on whether believe that its a direct follow up to the legends version of TCW or not. Kinda like SOD.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

February 25th 2020, 5:43 pm
I wouldn't think so since it's coming after everything was already axed and TCW was pulled into the Current Canon. So...why would it be involved in a timeline that doesn't exist? Sure it started there and if it was still around it might be, but I don't see why it would.

But my views are different than everyone else here, so take what you will.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 25th 2020, 6:16 pm
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

February 25th 2020, 6:25 pm
Neither of the links you posted seem to share any new quotes.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 25th 2020, 6:38 pm
@DarthAnt66 The first says Lucas only really gets involved when asked:

Filoni spoke to IndieWire, confirming that although the series has evolved since George Lucas helmed the franchise, Filoni still tries to keep his Star Wars projects in line with Lucas' original vision."We still talk and if I'm stuck I will bug George for ideas, because he is the canon," He said.

So technically, no it's not part of Lucas' vision. It's evolved beyond the original vision.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

February 25th 2020, 6:59 pm
I think it would be odd to just ignore the latest season of TCW and keep everything before. Though it might not be T-canon
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

February 25th 2020, 7:49 pm
Bad Batch existed for years before TCW was brought back, same with the stuff on Utapau. The animatics were viewable for ages. They've been around since 2015, I believe? If people still allow SoD to be part of Legends since it's technically a continuation of TCW, I fail to see why Season 7 wouldn't fall under that same area for the sake of debates. At least, with the Bad Batch arc, anyway.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

February 25th 2020, 7:51 pm
Underachiever599 wrote:Bad Batch existed for years before TCW was brought back, same with the stuff on Utapau. The animatics were viewable for ages. They've been around since 2015, I believe? If people still allow SoD to be part of Legends since it's technically a continuation of TCW, I fail to see why Season 7 wouldn't fall under that same area for the sake of debates. At least, with the Bad Batch arc, anyway.

I mean I technically do and don't. But that's just me.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum