Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

How powerful is Luke Skywalker pre Dark Empire?  Empty How powerful is Luke Skywalker pre Dark Empire?

January 21st 2020, 3:15 pm
Everything up until the Thrawn Trilogy is aloud, nothing after.

How well dose he stack up against Old Republic and Clone War era Jedi/Sith?
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

How powerful is Luke Skywalker pre Dark Empire?  Empty Re: How powerful is Luke Skywalker pre Dark Empire?

January 21st 2020, 3:23 pm
more powerful than he gets respect for, imo.

people disregard this, but vader says that he was the strongest jedi he ever fought (could be different of course) by ROTJ. that would make him stronger than mustafar kenobi. we know that Luke's power growth is insanely quick, and 4 years later, by courtship of princess leia, he shouldve honestly become a good deal more powerful. i dont wanna say something like, twice as powerful, but its not too far from that either. then he gets another growth in power throughout the thrawn shit, and then another one by the start of DE. IIRC, he gets a pretty big amp from using the dark side, which is then a shitty amp compared to him... idk, finally understanding the light side? becoming one with it? it confuses me tbh.

anyhow, i visualize it like this:

Back to the light side Luke >> Dark sider Luke >> DE Luke > T.T. Luke > COPL Luke >> ROTJ Luke > Mustafar Kenobi >> ROTS kenobi. 

He is pretty damn powerful, no matter how u look at it. Oh and if im wrong, could someone correct me please? thanks
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

How powerful is Luke Skywalker pre Dark Empire?  Empty Re: How powerful is Luke Skywalker pre Dark Empire?

January 21st 2020, 3:26 pm
possibly surpassing his father by this point
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 21st 2020, 3:29 pm
oh yeah, by about maybe the later half, he has already for sure surpassed vader. not even a discussion.
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

January 21st 2020, 4:01 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:oh yeah, by about maybe the later half, he has already for sure surpassed vader. not even a discussion.
“Pre” DE
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 21st 2020, 4:02 pm
i was answering to someone else
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

January 22nd 2020, 4:30 pm
I would say Luke is roughly Asajj Ventress level as in he can contend with the best of his era despite not being on there level. I think if he were to have a fair fight with a not hindered and holding back Vader in which he doesn’t get any amps, then he’ll get creamed even quicker than Maul lost to Kenobi in Rebles.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 22nd 2020, 4:43 pm
nah, he is way more powerful than her by ROTJ.
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

January 22nd 2020, 5:07 pm
Well Ventress once went toe to toe with Mace Windu (Mace > full power Vader >>> hindered supressed Vader = amped Luke >>> normal Luke) so yes she’s on his level.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 22nd 2020, 6:28 pm
have u seen how many sources imply that 18 BBY vader is stronger than mace windu?
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

January 22nd 2020, 6:38 pm
No. Show me.
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

January 22nd 2020, 6:42 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:more powerful than he gets respect for, imo.

people disregard this, but vader says that he was the strongest jedi he ever fought (could be different of course) by ROTJ. that would make him stronger than mustafar kenobi. we know that Luke's power growth is insanely quick, and 4 years later, by courtship of princess leia, he shouldve honestly become a good deal more powerful. i dont wanna say something like, twice as powerful, but its not too far from that either. then he gets another growth in power throughout the thrawn shit, and then another one by the start of DE. IIRC, he gets a pretty big amp from using the dark side, which is then a shitty amp compared to him... idk, finally understanding the light side? becoming one with it? it confuses me tbh.

anyhow, i visualize it like this:

Back to the light side Luke >> Dark sider Luke >> DE Luke > T.T. Luke > COPL Luke >> ROTJ Luke > Mustafar Kenobi >> ROTS kenobi. 

He is pretty damn powerful, no matter how u look at it. Oh and if im wrong, could someone correct me please? thanks

Why is Mustafar Kenobi far above RotS Kenobi? I personally disagree with Luke being above Kenobi but I’ll pass it up for once. And no Vader said Luke was the most powerful combatant he had faced in years which means no that on its own doesn’t make him stronger than Kenobi. Is there an in universe reason for his quick learning and for how long he actually trained with Yoda for?

Last edited by AlakanSpacewalker on January 22nd 2020, 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 22nd 2020, 6:44 pm
kinda hard for me to explain, but i suppose it boils down to him letting go of his mental strains and constraints. him fighting at max focus at the same time. i actually im not good enough to explain this to u lol sorry

Its vader's opinion on the matter. he thinks that Luke > Obi wan.
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

January 22nd 2020, 6:49 pm
no Vader said Luke was the most powerful combatant he had faced in years which means no that on its own doesn’t make him stronger than Kenobi. Is there an in universe reason for his quick learning and for how long he actually trained with Yoda for?
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 22nd 2020, 6:52 pm
this one is about kar vastor, a pretty strong character whom Mace Windu fought against. people will try to downplay this by saying that mace outperformed kar and that mace was injured, but mace has twice said that not only was kar more powerful than him, he couldve possibly been lost to kar even while at peak state. i actually think he beat kar by taking away some of his power, or something, iirc.

Nick Rostu knew darkness.
He had, after all, stood with the Jedi Master Mace Windu against Kar Vastor in the steaming jungles of Haruun Kal. Kar Vastor, leader of the Balawai resistance; Kar Vastor, with his arm-mounted vibroblade weapons and his almost supernatural strength. Kar Vastor, stronger in the Force than any of the Korunnai, stronger than any in the galaxy, perhaps, save for the Jedi. Kar Vastor, so submerged in the dark side that, even though Nick had been only a couple of meters away from him during that final battle, eventhough he could see the man as clearly as he could see Mace, or Iolu, the guard who'd sliced him from sternum to navel-still, looking back on it now, he realized he couldn't visualize the guerrilla leader's face. It was as if the Balawai commander had been shrouded in darkness, somehow, as if the dark side of the Force radiated a strange anti-light. Kar Vastor had been the essence, the personification, of primal power, jungle savagery, and bloodlust distilled into flesh. Nick had never seen anyone or anything to match him.
Until now.
Until he stood, unarmed, before Darth Vader.
As if being armed would make a difference, he thought. He could be tricked out with wrist rockets, a hold-out shooter, a pair of DL-44s, and a disruptor rifle, and he might just as well be carrying a pointed stick. Vastor had been animal ferocity and menace, barely contained. He'd thrummed with the power of the dark side. His arms, legs, torso, and shoulders had been layered with striated muscle; he looked like he could have lifted a pregnant grasser over his head. One-handed.
Vader was as tall as Vastor had been, but probably massed a good twenty kilos less. He wasn't physically impressive in the same way; no musculature was visible under the black armor.
It didn't matter. There was no doubt in Nick's mind that, were Kar Vastor somehow to be pitted against Darth Vader, the feral Balawai renegade wouldn't stand a chance.
The Force was powerful in Vader; even the dim wattage of Nick's connection could feel that. It was far more powerful than it had been in Kar Vastor. It had pulsed from Vastor in waves of fury, blasted like an open furnace. In Vader, it was-contained. Pent.
Waiting. - Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight

the next two are by two trained force users (one is a jedi, the other is an inquisitor)

Abruptly he experienced a sudden tingle that vibrated the lines of the Force—a plangent throb telling him that a new player was approaching the blasted landscape of the Factory District. Someone extremely strong in the Force—stronger than he’d ever encountered before. It could mean only one thing:
Darth Vader was coming. - Coruscant Nights II: Jedi Twilight

No, Jax didn’t know what Darth Vader was capable of. Aboard the dying Far Ranger he thought he had seen him fail to manipulate Thi Xon Yimmon’s mind and have to settle, instead, for manipulating gravity. Still …
“I’ve never known a Force-user as powerful as Vader,” he admitted. “Which only makes it more critical that we rescue Yimmon.”
--
Not only was Darth Vader the most powerful Force-user Tesla had ever known, he had always thought of him as a towering genius. - The Last Jedi

and this one is by the guy who said that vader couldve stomped Kar vastor, nick rostu. he is a weak force user, but is actually quite experienced with it, even if its weak.

"You knew Old Republic Jedi?"
"Met a few. Only really knew one. Dead now, of course."
"Of course."
"Way I heard it, Vader killed him personally."
Luke let his eyes close. "Vader? You're sure?"
"Had to be. Nobody but Vader would have had a chance." - Luke Skywalker And The Shadows Of Mindor

thats more or less it.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 22nd 2020, 6:53 pm
AlakanSpacewalker wrote:no Vader said Luke was the most powerful combatant he had faced in years which means no that on its own doesn’t make him stronger than Kenobi. Is there an in universe reason for his quick learning and for how long he actually trained with Yoda for?
could u post the exact quote. i just wanna look at it to be sure.

and he just trained diligently, i believe. he fought other people along the way and whatnot.
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

January 22nd 2020, 7:08 pm
I can’t find it but read the RotJ novel again.
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

January 26th 2020, 7:11 pm
Above Vader...
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

January 27th 2020, 12:02 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
RocketRaccoon wrote:Above Vader...
You know what? I actually for once honest to god concede he’s above Vader. It’s George Lucas’ og vision after all. @Everyone: I’m gonna retract everything I’ve said here and any other time I’ve said Vader was hindered.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 27th 2020, 12:09 am
its actually not lol he himself has said that vader is stronger than luke. u can go check mine or BOD's respect thread for that
Gaunter O'Dimm
Gaunter O'Dimm

January 27th 2020, 6:44 am
RocketRaccoon wrote:Above Vader...
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

January 27th 2020, 11:09 am
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:its actually not lol he himself has said that vader is stronger than luke. u can go check mine or BOD's respect thread for that

Is that why it’s been officially said that Luke “surpassed” Vader and Vader pressed his attack but Luke held back? The RotJ comic called the fight the “battle of EQUALS” and Mark Hamil even said Luke was Vader’s equal. If Vader was holding back then I ask you why did he throw a blade of superheated plasma at him or drawl said blade on him? He went for at least two kill blows during that fight and if Luke wasn’t fast enough to dodge them then he would have died. I find it funny that you were the one who tried to argue that Vader wasn’t holding back but right when I change my mind, you also change yours?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 27th 2020, 11:16 am
Is that why it’s been officially said that Luke “surpassed” Vader and Vader pressed his attack but Luke held back? The RotJ comic called the fight the “battle of EQUALS” and Mark Hamil even said Luke was Vader’s equal. If Vader was holding back then I ask you why did he throw a blade of superheated plasma at him or drawl said blade on him? He went for at least two kill blows during that fight and if Luke wasn’t fast enough to dodge them then he would have died. I find it funny that you were the one who tried to argue that Vader wasn’t holding back but right when I change my mind, you also change yours?

Small nitpick: Hamill said they were equal swordsman, not Force users.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 27th 2020, 11:18 am
AlakanSpacewalker wrote:
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:its actually not lol he himself has said that vader is stronger than luke. u can go check mine or BOD's respect thread for that

my nigga, wtf are u on??
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

January 27th 2020, 11:24 am
above yoda below vader
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum