Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

Is this a confirmation that RotS Anakin > RotJ Luke? Empty Is this a confirmation that RotS Anakin > RotJ Luke?

January 20th 2020, 10:53 am
Is this a confirmation that RotS Anakin > RotJ Luke? SW072-085

"As Vader, Anakin is more machine than man, and being a half-droid construct has seriously hampered his lightsaber prowess. Luke, though not as skilful as the young Jedi of the prequels, is still a formidable opponent, and he is very strong in the Force." -- Pablo Hidalgo, Star Wars Insider 72.
Corvinus
Corvinus

Is this a confirmation that RotS Anakin > RotJ Luke? Empty Re: Is this a confirmation that RotS Anakin > RotJ Luke?

January 20th 2020, 2:35 pm
I didn't know confirmation was needed.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

Is this a confirmation that RotS Anakin > RotJ Luke? Empty Re: Is this a confirmation that RotS Anakin > RotJ Luke?

January 20th 2020, 2:37 pm
i actually think their base's are pretty comparable in pure power. lol imma hear a lotta shit cuz of this
Gaunter O'Dimm
Gaunter O'Dimm

January 20th 2020, 2:42 pm
Corvinus wrote:I didn't know confirmation was needed.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 20th 2020, 2:46 pm
possibly however i dunno if i could take hidalgo seriously anymore
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

January 20th 2020, 3:35 pm
@Gaunter O'Dimm: @Corvinus: I can remember some viewing Luke as more powerful than Anakin on the basis that Palpatine alludes that Luke may be more powerful than Anakin in the RotJ Novel.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 20th 2020, 3:37 pm
Latham2000 wrote:@Gaunter O'Dimm: @Corvinus: I can remember some viewing Luke as more powerful than Anakin on the basis that Palpatine alludes that Luke may be more powerful than Anakin in the RotJ Novel.
i think that that is somewhat useless here. we really 'did not know of or about anakin' by that point. i feel like 2000s and after, anakin became a different character than the original trilogy era anakin.
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

February 20th 2020, 11:42 am
I’m not sure but since Luke could stalemate Vader who was a more skilled and sophisticated fighter than Anakin, had greater physicals to him because of cybernetics, and had more control over his Force power than Anakin did, I think it’s safe to reason that Luke could beat Anakin aswell. To be fair Anakin is much more powerful than Vader, is faster, and doesn’t need a hindering suit to survive but Luke could still match him and once he used his rage (if Anakin uses his rage so does Luke, only way to make it fair) he pretty easily blitzed, outperformed, and physically overpowered Vader who isn’t even that much slower or weaker than Anakin to begin with.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

February 20th 2020, 12:02 pm
I swear people act like Vader's suit is the most limiting thing ever....it's quite annoying really. The quote is clearly just referencing for the films, which...yeah, by just the films sure. Taking everything else into account?...It's just...I don't know why this has cropped up recently, but Vader's suit isn't as limiting as some people are saying.

Is it limiting? Sure in some respects, but people gotta stop acting like it's the worst thing ever, it's not. Novels, comics and the like show otherwise. He wouldn't be as effective as he is shown to be if he was limited as people suggest.

IE: Slow, stiff, etc etc..
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum