Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

Kanan Jarrus & Cal Kestis vs Qui-Gon Jinn Empty Kanan Jarrus & Cal Kestis vs Qui-Gon Jinn

January 2nd 2020, 11:24 am
Prime canon version of the characters.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Kanan Jarrus & Cal Kestis vs Qui-Gon Jinn Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus & Cal Kestis vs Qui-Gon Jinn

January 2nd 2020, 11:26 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hmm, tough call. Season 4 Kanan is very powerful and Cal is about as good as him in sabers, however I don't think I'd say either are on Jinn's level in skill (power is another story). Together, I can see them taking a narrow majority, especially if the duel is prolonged. Jinn's stamina will dwindle, whereas their age and respective form choices will mean that they're able to keep fighting for longer. If they can't outduel him, they'll outlast him.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

Kanan Jarrus & Cal Kestis vs Qui-Gon Jinn Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus & Cal Kestis vs Qui-Gon Jinn

January 2nd 2020, 11:30 am
@BreakofDawn: Good answer. What would you say Cal's form is?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 2nd 2020, 11:43 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@Rohirrim A lot of his fights combine the wide arcs and slashes of form I but he also uses acrobatics and other types of moves quite a bit in his fights, both in gameplay and in cutscenes. As we see in his fight with Malicos, he also tends to go for fast jabs and strikes when he attacks, trying to break through their defences by attacking in an unpredictable flurry, which I'd say is a combination of Shii-Cho and Ataru. The only other form I can see in his fighting technique is Niman, but since his training was never completed and he was still a kid when Order 66 happened I doubt he's that far along in his training.

A lot of this is guesswork using Legends based material, so I could be completely wrong.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

January 2nd 2020, 11:58 am
@BreakofDawn: Nice, I think it makes sense.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 2nd 2020, 12:33 pm
team
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

January 2nd 2020, 12:56 pm
Cal>Kanan>Maul>Jinn
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 2nd 2020, 12:58 pm
Huh....has Jinn even done anything in the Current Canon impressive wise other than fight Maul?
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

January 2nd 2020, 1:06 pm
@Zenwolf: Well, that depends on your definition of impressive. I like this blaster deflection feat, personally:
Kanan Jarrus & Cal Kestis vs Qui-Gon Jinn 67165710
Kanan Jarrus & Cal Kestis vs Qui-Gon Jinn 67165711
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 2nd 2020, 1:56 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:Cal>Kanan>Maul>Jinn
Cal isn't > Kanan, and neither are above TPM or TCW Maul.
Gianfi
Gianfi

January 2nd 2020, 3:12 pm
Jinn wins
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

January 2nd 2020, 3:46 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:
HellfireUnit wrote:Cal>Kanan>Maul>Jinn
Cal isn't > Kanan, and neither are above TPM or TCW Maul.
I was trolling.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 3rd 2020, 6:56 am
Cal > Kanan tho.
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

January 3rd 2020, 7:07 am
Jinn dominates.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

January 3rd 2020, 7:09 am
Cal slows him and then Kanan kills him.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

January 3rd 2020, 7:11 am
Gianfi wrote:Jinn wins

Meatpants wrote:Jinn dominates.

Reasons?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum