Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Has a Force user ever moved at the speed of light/FTL?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Has a Force user ever moved at the speed of light/FTL?

December 24th 2019, 3:14 pm
I thought I was older than you?
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

Has a Force user ever moved at the speed of light/FTL?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Has a Force user ever moved at the speed of light/FTL?

December 24th 2019, 4:30 pm
fight
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

December 24th 2019, 5:02 pm
Vader, Dooku, Maul, Yoda, Anakin, Mace, and Luke.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

December 25th 2019, 7:51 am
Most of those are wrong lmao. Only Luke has ever done that.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

March 3rd 2020, 7:26 am
I have no stake in this but I'd say everyone who reacted to blasterbolts were FTL

of course, Den mused, she obviously used the force to deflect lasers or particle beam blasts that were about to be fired at her. No one was fast enough to block something at or near lightspeed.

-Coruscant Nights 2
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

March 3rd 2020, 10:18 am
Isv wrote:I have no stake in this but I'd say everyone who reacted to blasterbolts were FTL

of course, Den mused, she obviously used the force to deflect lasers or particle beam blasts that were about to be fired at her. No one was fast enough to block something at or near lightspeed.

-Coruscant Nights 2

I’m not sure I’d call blaster bolts lightspeed as this would make all Force Users have Lightspeed reaction precognition, which is kinda hard to believe.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

March 3rd 2020, 10:34 am
They could just predicting where the bolt's trajectory before it has been fired, instead of moving the saber as a response to the bolt being fired.

Level One
Level One

March 3rd 2020, 10:45 am
Azronger wrote:They could just predicting where the bolt's trajectory before it has been fired, instead of moving the saber as a response to the bolt being fired.

Well yeah hence precognition, but majority of people won’t buy Force Users having LS precognition reactions, since they are sometimes hit by much slower things. Missiles for example, or getting into a fight with someone who doesn’t have LS reactions or precognition.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

March 3rd 2020, 12:50 pm
Zenwolf wrote:
Azronger wrote:They could just predicting where the bolt's trajectory before it has been fired, instead of moving the saber as a response to the bolt being fired.

Well yeah hence precognition, but majority of people won’t buy Force Users having LS precognition reactions, since they are sometimes hit by much slower things. Missiles for example, or getting into a fight with someone who doesn’t have LS reactions or precognition.
seems like it could just be outliers, tbh. i mean, Obi Wan moved faster than any person, and i think he moves faster than a bolt could even move, but we still have luke, who should be >>> him, having some trouble with blaster bolts
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

March 3rd 2020, 2:46 pm
It's also worth noting we've sometimes had instances of non-Force users reacting to blaster bolts. Grievous has been shown on more than one occasion to be able to reflect (a very limited amount of) blaster fire. In Canon, Sergeant Kreel has also demonstrated the ability to deflect blaster bolts, and there's no indication he's Force sensitive. I seem to recall instances of other non-Force users dodging blaster fire, but I'd have to go through my entire collection to pull them up. 

Point is, I don't think regular blaster fire moves at the speed of light.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

March 3rd 2020, 3:54 pm
Underachiever599 wrote:It's also worth noting we've sometimes had instances of non-Force users reacting to blaster bolts. Grievous has been shown on more than one occasion to be able to reflect (a very limited amount of) blaster fire. In Canon, Sergeant Kreel has also demonstrated the ability to deflect blaster bolts, and there's no indication he's Force sensitive. I seem to recall instances of other non-Force users dodging blaster fire, but I'd have to go through my entire collection to pull them up. 

Point is, I don't think regular blaster fire moves at the speed of light.

Well Grevious is cybernetic enhanced, so it makes sense he'd be able to react to blaster fire.

SW Canon hasn't given a blaster bolt determined speed, so Kreel doing it is passable. But that's irrelevant to the discussion since this is Legends thread.

But yeah, blaster bolts being lightspeed is just no. They are still crazy fast, as it's noted more than one they are lightspeed, outpacing bullets, the fastest moves in the galaxy unable to dodge them, etc, etc.

But lightspeed? No.

Any Non-Force User that has done it(SW Canon aside, since again, speed hasn't been determined as far as I know) would be an outlier, or said Non-Force User has the reflexes/latent Force to do so, or you could just really chalk up to aim dodging.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

March 6th 2020, 8:03 am
We know that Sheev travelled from Endor to Byss as a spirit manually in a year. The distance he covered was probably thousands of light-years. Sheev is therefore thousands of times faster than light.

Level Four
Level Four

March 6th 2020, 8:23 am
Azronger wrote:We know that Sheev travelled from Endor to Byss as a spirit manually in a year. The distance he covered was probably thousands of light-years. Sheev is therefore thousands of times faster than light.

you might be joking here, but can we determine that Sheev has the same speed in his physical form that he has in his spiritual form? The requirements of his flesh likely can't hold up to the speed of which you speak, after all Ben Kenobi once moved faster than anyone in history, yet his atoms were literally being torn apart by the sheer toll it took on his body.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 6th 2020, 8:41 am
Azronger wrote:We know that Sheev travelled from Endor to Byss as a spirit manually in a year. The distance he covered was probably thousands of light-years. Sheev is therefore thousands of times faster than light.
Dude was probably listening to this at the time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

March 6th 2020, 10:32 am
@ISV @BoD

Has a Force user ever moved at the speed of light/FTL?  - Page 2 Sheev_spirit_speed

if you guys think I'm trolling, then try to refute it.

you might be joking here, but can we determine that Sheev has the same speed in his physical form that he has in his spiritual form? The requirements of his flesh likely can't hold up to the speed of which you speak, after all Ben Kenobi once moved faster than anyone in history, yet his atoms were literally being torn apart by the sheer toll it took on his body.

Sure, there might be a limit to how much friction Sheev's body can take, but consider that Darth Bane has been able to hold his body together through sheer will when it was being ravaged by lightsaber-tier lightning without a barrier. Sheev is orders of magnitude more powerful and willful, so he should be able to hold his body together even better. It's also my theory that the Force Storm we see at the end of DE is actually Sheev's soul that lives inside of him 24/7, so his willpower is great enough to hold his body together against potentially planet-busting energies. With this in mind, I think it's very possible he could replicate Superman's feat here:

Level Seven
Level Seven

March 6th 2020, 10:41 am
I don't think you were trolling. We know spirits can teleport, so a spirit moving MFTL+ isn't impossible.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 6th 2020, 12:01 pm
vader,maul,GM luke,palps and abeloth are my ideas for this
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

March 6th 2020, 4:23 pm
BoD wrote:I don't think you were trolling. We know spirits can teleport, so a spirit moving MFTL+ isn't impossible.

Take a look at my quote again. His travel speed applies to his physical body as well.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum