Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Has a Force user ever moved at the speed of light/FTL?  Empty Has a Force user ever moved at the speed of light/FTL?

December 21st 2019, 7:38 pm
Title. If not, what's the best speed feat in Star Wars?
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

Has a Force user ever moved at the speed of light/FTL?  Empty Re: Has a Force user ever moved at the speed of light/FTL?

December 21st 2019, 10:14 pm
I-5YQ implies Jax has a FTL feat in Coruscant Nights 2, but I attribute the feat more to the precog inherent in most Force users
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Has a Force user ever moved at the speed of light/FTL?  Empty Re: Has a Force user ever moved at the speed of light/FTL?

December 22nd 2019, 9:08 am
No, I don't think so. Hyperbolic prose aside Force Users have never been depicted as Light Speed.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

December 22nd 2019, 9:11 am
Lightspeed!Cilghal defeating Saar
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 22nd 2019, 12:00 pm
Yoda, Sidious and Mace should have reached that speed. I'll post the quotes when I get my PC.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

December 22nd 2019, 12:09 pm
Aryn Leneer came pretty close. She moved so fast that non-Force sensitive Zeerid Korr could track her movement
O-Siri
O-Siri

December 22nd 2019, 12:59 pm
Non-Force sensitive unenhanced humans wouldn't be able to compete with Jedi if they could really move that fast. Hell Grievous in a hyperbolic novel can only strike at 20 times per second with all four blades at maximum intensity, nowhere even close to light speed, and he's supposed to be vastly superior to RotS Kenobi in speed.

Jedi are only reasonably FTE tier.

Even a lot of the faster than the eye examples usually only happens in spurts. Bane's much-lauded academy feat in his rematch with Sirak, for example, was a quick concentrated burst of action, he wasn't moving that fast for the entire duel.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

December 22nd 2019, 1:39 pm
O-Siri wrote:Non-Force sensitive unenhanced humans wouldn't be able to compete with Jedi if they could really move that fast. Hell Grievous in a hyperbolic novel can only strike at 20 times per second with all four blades at maximum intensity, nowhere even close to light speed, and he's supposed to be vastly superior to RotS Kenobi in speed.

Jedi are only reasonably FTE tier.
Fun fact, while the rest of the novel for RotS is clearly hyperbolic when compared to the movie, Grievous' 20 strikes per second isn't. If you go frame-by-frame, Grievous rotates his lightsabers at 5 revolutions per second. With four arms, he could technically have a maximum attack speed of 20/second.

Granted, he never actually does so in the movie, but it's theoretically within movie Grievous' capability.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 22nd 2019, 2:35 pm
All Jedi that have deflected blaster shots moved at such speeds. Sidious in his spirit form flew across the Galaxy in such a fast timeframe that it would make him light speed. Obi wan walkin through a battlefield while deflecting blaster shots make him a lot faster than light
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

December 22nd 2019, 5:34 pm
Blaster bolts aren’t lightspeed...
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 22nd 2019, 6:47 pm
pretty sure it is. what makes u say it isnt?
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

December 22nd 2019, 7:07 pm
Logic. Obi Wan is seen by others, yet he can deflect blasters. Fricking padme can dodge them.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 22nd 2019, 8:45 pm
ah ok. i guess han solo's draw of his blaster is than a blaster too, since sidious couldnt even react to it. hell, any normal human who ever hit a jedi> blaster bolts.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 22nd 2019, 9:15 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Yeah, SW characters are FTE, not FTL, there's not a single character in the verse who even comes close to that speed. This myth needs to die.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 22nd 2019, 9:17 pm
Nah Leneer has DC, she speedblitzes GM Luke.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 22nd 2019, 9:21 pm
Lol.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

December 23rd 2019, 1:23 am
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:Yeah, SW characters are FTE, not FTL, there's not a single character in the verse who even comes close to that speed. This myth needs to die.

Has a Force user ever moved at the speed of light/FTL?  1289255181
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

December 24th 2019, 1:28 pm
Vader, Dooku, Maul, and I think Kaox Krul have been described as FTL.

If you don't take any of that literally, then the best speed feat is probably Kenobi's.

Level Seven
Level Seven

December 24th 2019, 1:33 pm
Azronger wrote:Vader, Dooku, Maul, and I think Kaox Krul have been described as FTL.

If you don't take any of that literally, then the best speed feat is probably Kenobi's.
I keep hearing about this Kenobi feat but I don't think I've ever seen it.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 24th 2019, 2:31 pm
He has one in which he moves faster than any Jedi ever, and him walking through a battlefield field without getting hit once by blaster bolts, deflecting them from all directions. Vader has a few of those too, but not as crazy, I think
O-Siri
O-Siri

December 24th 2019, 2:37 pm
Slow as molasses Artoo and Threepio have walked through blaster crossfire without being hit.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 24th 2019, 2:38 pm
But R2 is a tier 10.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 24th 2019, 2:57 pm
He is.

R2 gave Vader a good fight once.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 24th 2019, 3:02 pm
^ Apparently Abeloth wouldn’t leave her planet because she could sense R2 was around.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

December 24th 2019, 3:09 pm
Don't dignify hp with a response young one.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum