Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Exar Kun vs Darth Tenebrous - Page 9 Empty Re: Exar Kun vs Darth Tenebrous

December 7th 2020, 2:11 am
It's an irrelevant comparison is my point, "a little bit of Sidious' power" could mean anything, especially considering how much power growth occurred between Tenebrous and Sidious. It's like saying Qui-Gon has a bit of Yoda's power - not really a relevant point. It's more useful to point towards Tenebrous scaling from Bane than anything else. Apart from that, there's not much else you can do for Tenebrous in terms of scaling, since his limited feats aren't enough to place him above Exar Kun.
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

December 7th 2020, 2:18 am
So do you think the scaling is enough to put him above Kun?

My main goal here was really to attack the blog but I still think Tenebrous would beat Kun.
MP

December 7th 2020, 2:22 am
SnowxElf wrote:So do you think the scaling is enough to put him above Kun?

My main goal here was really to attack the blog but I still think Tenebrous would beat Kun.

Not really sure what you could use to scale Tenebrous above Kun currently, unless you focus on Bane perhaps.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

December 7th 2020, 7:57 pm
SnowxElf, if you're going to actually attempt to counter the blog, then you have to actually comment on that blog. Good luck with lasting the day.
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

December 7th 2020, 8:06 pm
LadyKulvax wrote:SnowxElf, if you're going to actually attempt to counter the blog, then you have to actually comment on that blog. Good luck with lasting the day.

Eh, many people can already see my arguments from here there aren't many people on the actual sight, this will suffice for now. So far in this thread you have post twice referring to my post and provided nothing of substance.
AncientPower
AncientPower

December 7th 2020, 8:12 pm
My position is not the one under scrutiny. You want to debunk the Neo-Antediluvian scaling then do it properly. Not where the actual authors of said blog, in Ant and KOB, probably won't even see it. Debate this with them formally or no one's going to take your counter-stance seriously.
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

December 7th 2020, 8:23 pm
LadyKulvax wrote:My position is not the one under scrutiny. You want to debunk the Neo-Antediluvian scaling then do it properly. Not where the actual authors of said blog, in Ant and KOB, probably won't even see it. Debate this with them formally or no one's going to take your counter-stance seriously.

I don't really care tbh. If I brought the argument to the actual blog I would expand on it more so, which I don't feel like doing. Where the argument is given doesn't really validate how good it is, and I don't really care about persuading the entire form. Why you felt the need to respond to many post still puzzles me.
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

December 8th 2020, 2:35 am
@LadyKulvax

Earlier in this thread, you stated that "Chee doesn't take any supremacy quotes as canonically binding". Would you mind providing some evidence for that?
AncientPower
AncientPower

December 8th 2020, 2:42 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Exar Kun vs Darth Tenebrous - Page 9 Screenshot_20201026-145452_Chrome
Exar Kun vs Darth Tenebrous - Page 9 Images_1_1o
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

December 8th 2020, 2:49 am
Kun takes the win easily.

And thanks for the info.
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

December 8th 2020, 3:43 am
Kun dies to Zannah let alone Tenebrous.
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

December 8th 2020, 5:02 am
Seturna wrote:Kun dies to Zannah let alone Tenebrous.

What does Zannah have to justify being even slightly comparable to Kun?
AncientPower
AncientPower

December 8th 2020, 5:07 am
Given even Ludo Kressh is probably > Tenebrous, it is a funny line of thought.
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

December 8th 2020, 5:10 am
Zannah scales above Malak, Kun doesn’t.
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

December 8th 2020, 5:13 am
Seturna wrote:Zannah scales above Malak, Kun doesn’t.

Not really a problem given Malak's capabilities are irrelevant to Kun. It's not as if the Malak quote is a viable piece of evidence. Kulvax and others have thoroughly destroyed it.
AncientPower
AncientPower

December 8th 2020, 5:23 am
How does Zannah scale over Malak? Kek. I'm certain you're not foolish enough to be referring to the Bane quote confirmed by DeAgostini to only apply to Canon Darth Bane:

Exar Kun vs Darth Tenebrous - Page 9 Images_2n

Unless you have some magical source no one else has heard of, you're utterly wrong. Speaking of 2014 Fact File quotes, if you do take them so seriously you think that they can be used to hard scale characters, I'm assuming you're gonna be accepting of this quote from the same source:

Exar Kun vs Darth Tenebrous - Page 9 Screenshot_20200602-094707_Discord

The New Order, by the way, is just another term for Empire and Kun's is stated to end with the Triumvirate, per both KOTOR:CG and The Ultimate Visual Guide to Star Wars.

Kun does however scale from both Malak (SWTOR:E) and Tenebrous(Plagueis). In fact Kun's scaling over Tenebrous is utterly insane. As it looks more like: Kun > Ragnos > Nadd >>> Sadow >> pre-prime Sadow > Tenebrous.

Given the eight different sources that compare Kun to Darth Sidious by varying degrees, then I'm not entirely surprised by that.
Primarch
Primarch

December 8th 2020, 6:03 am
Zannah is the biggest one-trick pony is the mythos. I doubt she even beats Baas let alone Kun.
AncientPower
AncientPower

December 8th 2020, 6:08 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Honestly, most if not all of the TOTJ Masters beat her.
Vaelias
Vaelias

December 8th 2020, 6:52 am
Kun one shots Tenebrous, in fact Kun can one shot anyone up to the level of someone like Arcann, the smackage is real
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

December 8th 2020, 7:58 am
Zannah still
AncientPower
AncientPower

December 8th 2020, 8:06 am
Exar Kun vs Darth Tenebrous - Page 9 1076326320
Rei
Rei

December 8th 2020, 9:34 am
Exar Kun vs Darth Tenebrous - Page 9 Bane10

There seems to be a lot of fuss about the Bane quote that seemingly states that he was more powerful than any Sith before him and felt the need to write this out.

I believe that the passage was referring to Bane as of the Path of Destruction timeline in which we already know that his main sources of dark side knowledge was the Sith Academy archives and Darth Revan’s holocron. This in no way would place Bane’s knowledge of Sith techniques above someone like Vitiate for example who has been around for thousands of years and would clearly know more than the combined knowledge of Darth Revan and the Sith Academy (in which Revan’s holocron knowledge is even vastly superior). Yet, according to the quote above, Bane would seemingly know more than Vitiate mostly based on those two sources of knowledge, which is a clear contradiction.  Bane could barely even "wrap his mind around their awesome potential” when referring to Revan’s holocron knowledge showing that he even had less knowledge than Darth Revan per that timeline and that, somehow, he would supposedly have more knowledge than not only Darth Revan, but even Vitiate at the end of it according to the quote.

The quote is far more likely referring to Bane being more knowledgeable and powerful than anyone who had come before him at the Sith academy in that period and we already have passages specifically saying that Bane became more powerful than anyone at the academy and that he had unparalleled knowledge compared to them, which further falls together with the quote itself and what it was mostly likely referring to. And then of course we do not even have to compare feats between Bane and someone like Vitiate to see this.
AncientPower
AncientPower

December 8th 2020, 9:37 am
It's Canon, see my main reply to Seturna.
Rei
Rei

December 8th 2020, 9:59 am
Yes but apparently he is not convinced for some reason and so I gave him another perspective on the quote if he really wanted to apply it to Legends.
Rei
Rei

December 8th 2020, 10:08 am
@SnowxElf

If neither of the Neo-Antediluvian blog makers respond to your post here soon, then I will put up a post in reply to what you said. (Although you should really make your debunk post on the blog itself).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum