Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

Luke Skywalker vs Darth Maul - Page 2 Empty Re: Luke Skywalker vs Darth Maul

May 6th 2019, 10:02 pm
In-sidiousvader wrote:
Meatpants wrote:I think there's a bit of bias for raw power in the community. Mastery CAN count for something.

Agreed, Vader has more mastery than Sidious, while sheev has more raw power Luke Skywalker vs Darth Maul - Page 2 2266747095
.________________________________________________.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

May 6th 2019, 10:04 pm
@in-sidiousvader: Uh, did you forget to read the next page:

Luke Skywalker vs Darth Maul - Page 2 Lmao10

And yes, Vader doesn't want to kill Luke, but he's still using his full power to defeat him. Vader recognizes that if he doesn't (and dies), the Emperor will then have Luke, which is his worst-case scenario. Note that Vader's willing to kill Luke if he has to anyway.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

May 6th 2019, 10:07 pm
@In-sidiousvader I got more scans stating that Vader was emotionally hindered if you need them
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

May 6th 2019, 10:08 pm
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:
DarthAnt66 wrote:but Luke is likely referring to the Cloud City fight anyway
Nah, I thought the quote says "fightS" -emphasis on the s at the end- so he's clearly referring to not just the ESB fight but also the RotJ fight as well

That's a separate quote. But true, I forgot about that one. 

Still, as we discussed on Amino, obviously Luke's thoughts on Vader's exertion is irrelevant if we have Vader's own thoughts of his exertion (as shown in Return of the Jedi and Rise and Fall of Darth Vader novelizations) plus out-of-universe statements on Vader's exertion (as shown in Return of the Jedi comic).

Last edited by DarthAnt66 on May 6th 2019, 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

May 6th 2019, 10:09 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:@in-sidiousvader: Uh, did you forget to read the next page:

Luke Skywalker vs Darth Maul - Page 2 Lmao10

And yes, Vader doesn't want to kill Luke, but he's still using his full power to defeat him. Vader recognizes that if he doesn't (and dies), the Emperor will then have Luke, which is his worst-case scenario. Note that Vader's willing to kill Luke if he has to anyway.

Well I won't counter the last part saving that my CaV and I did not read the next page, but thanks at least for providing the evidence this time

:P

BUT! it it worth noting that according to fact files Vader was distracted when he got kicked, so even if he was bringing his full power to bear, he wasn't concentrated enough to see the kick coming lol. More excuses where that came from but until the debate they will not be revealed, good response though.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

May 6th 2019, 10:09 pm
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:@In-sidiousvader I got more scans stating that Vader was emotionally hindered if you need them

sure dm them to me, I probably have them but any little bit helps Luke Skywalker vs Darth Maul - Page 2 228124001
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

May 6th 2019, 10:11 pm
Well I won't counter the last part saving that my CaV and I did not read the next page, but thanks at least for providing the evidence this time

I gave the source. You literally just didn't turn the page. 

BUT! it it worth noting that according to fact files Vader was distracted when he got kicked, so even if he was bringing his full power to bear, he wasn't concentrated enough to see the kick coming lol. More excuses where that came from but until the debate they will not be revealed, good response though.

And? The script and other sources still make clear it's either a battle of equals or it leans toward Luke, regardless if Vader noticed his fly was down at the wrong moment.

Last edited by DarthAnt66 on May 6th 2019, 10:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

May 6th 2019, 10:11 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:
DarthAnt66 wrote:but Luke is likely referring to the Cloud City fight anyway
Nah, I thought the quote says "fightS" -emphasis on the s at the end- so he's clearly referring to not just the ESB fight but also the RotJ fight as well

That's a separate quote. But true, I forgot about that one. 

Still, as we discussed on Amino, obviously Luke's thoughts on Vader's exertion is irrelevant if we have Vader's own thoughts of his exertion (as shown in Return of the Jedi and Rise and Fall of Darth Vader novelizations) plus out-of-universe statements on Vader's exertion (as shown in Return of the Jedi comic).
Oh yea I forgot about that discussion lol. You might be right then
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

May 6th 2019, 10:13 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:

I gave the source. You literally just didn't turn the page. 

Indeed, my bad,

And? The script and other sources still make clear it's either a battle of equals or it leans toward Luke, regardless if Vader noticed his fly was down mid-way through the fight.

well... the thing is feats are contradictory to the actual fight itself. Regardless of the fact they are equals in quotes, they aren't in terms of feats, but it really depends on how you judge that, but personally Feats > G canon statements in my view
LOTL

May 6th 2019, 10:15 pm
Luke, all rounds
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

May 6th 2019, 10:16 pm
It's also worth noting that, alongside the comic stating Vader brings his "full strength and power" against Luke, it also notes that Vader's fighting "brutally, aggressively." Going back to my earlier point, Vader's worst-case scenario is losing this fight given that means both a.) he dies and b.) his son becomes Palpatine's apprentice, as Vader notes in TRaVoDV. While Vader's not actively trying to kill Luke, he is down to kill Luke if need-be (as said in ROTJ novel), and he's not going to restrain himself against an absolute equal and thereby increase the chances of his worst-case scenario happening.

Vader's scenarios from best-to-worst:

1. Vader wins duel w/o killing Luke
  2. Vader wins duel by killing Luke
  3. Luke kills Vader and joins Palpatine

Last edited by DarthAnt66 on May 6th 2019, 10:22 pm; edited 5 times in total
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

May 6th 2019, 10:17 pm
well... the thing is feats are contradictory to the actual fight itself. Regardless of the fact they are equals in quotes, they aren't in terms of feats, but it really depends on how you judge that, but personally Feats > G canon statements in my view

They fight and Luke equals Vader. That is Luke's feat, lol.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

May 6th 2019, 10:43 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:

They fight and Luke equals Vader. That is Luke's feat, lol.

No... not what i mean, just wait
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 15th 2019, 11:48 pm
Luke closely
Luke decisively
Luke stomps
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 16th 2019, 6:15 am
Luke takes the first 2 in a close fight, shreds in the third.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum