Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Praxis
Praxis
Moderator | Champion of the Light
Moderator | Champion of the Light

Mustafar Kenobi vs Maul and Savage Empty Mustafar Kenobi vs Maul and Savage

September 18th 2019, 8:02 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Kenobi as of his fight with Vader on Mustafar. Maul and Savage as of their fight with Sheev.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

Mustafar Kenobi vs Maul and Savage Empty Re: Mustafar Kenobi vs Maul and Savage

September 18th 2019, 8:06 pm
Kenobi
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 18th 2019, 9:44 pm
The brothers.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

September 18th 2019, 10:07 pm
Kenobi wins.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

September 18th 2019, 10:11 pm
Kenobi
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

September 18th 2019, 10:19 pm
Team
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

September 18th 2019, 11:17 pm
In TCW, Kenobi was able to resist the Zabrak's brothers... Here we have a more powerful version of Kenobi. He should win.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

September 19th 2019, 3:02 am
Brothers
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

September 19th 2019, 3:04 am
xolthol wrote:In TCW, Kenobi was able to resist the Zabrak's brothers... Here we have a more powerful version of Kenobi. He should win.
Filoni confirmed that Maul's chicken legs were a big hindrance. I don't think Kenobi can resist Prime Maul and Savage
LOTL

September 19th 2019, 3:07 am
SithSauce wrote:
xolthol wrote:In TCW, Kenobi was able to resist the Zabrak's brothers... Here we have a more powerful version of Kenobi. He should win.
Filoni confirmed that Maul's chicken legs were a big hindrance. I don't think Kenobi can resist Prime Maul and Savage

Only for S4. That too, definitely not a "big" hindrance, just something like "Can Maul fight well considering he has those legs" vaguely

Revival Maul has months of experience with them. They should not hinder him then
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

September 19th 2019, 3:13 am
LOTL wrote:
SithSauce wrote:

Only for S4. That too, definitely not a "big" hindrance, just something like "Can Maul fight well considering he has those legs" vaguely

Revival Maul has months of experience with them. They should not hinder him then
But what has he been doing during those months?
LOTL

September 19th 2019, 3:20 am
SithSauce wrote:
LOTL wrote:
SithSauce wrote:

But what has he been doing during those months?

Going on a rampage throughout the galaxy, training Savage, improving his own powers

Savage remarks pretty highly on Maul's power, surprised that it has become so much
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

September 19th 2019, 3:30 am
IH Kenobi would smack
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

September 19th 2019, 4:36 am
Obi Wan's performance against Vader >>>> anything the brothers have done.

Mustafar Kenobi vs Maul and Savage SaeC5lk
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 19th 2019, 6:08 am
Considering that with minor advantages his in his favor a weaker version of a Kenobi was able to hold off the brothers I don’t see why a significantly better version of him shouldn’t win. Plus take into account his feat against MF Vader and I think he conclusion should be clear. It’s a good fight though.
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

September 19th 2019, 10:57 am
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:The brothers.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 19th 2019, 2:22 pm
Team Zabrak. Maul's power in the Force is greater than Kenobi's and that would be the deciding factor imo.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

September 19th 2019, 2:24 pm
Name one thing placing Maul over Kenobi in power and I’ll give you a medal of honour
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 19th 2019, 2:31 pm
Barracks feat, ragdolling TCW Kenobi are more than enough. I can't see why Maul shouldn't Force Choke Kenobi like their last time. And there is Savage who'd be a huge distraction for Kenobi.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

September 19th 2019, 2:39 pm
No medal of honour for you baby girl
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 19th 2019, 2:51 pm
Lol, tell me one thing Prime Kenobi did better than 15 years old Maul when it comes to Force little sadie
LOTL

September 19th 2019, 3:05 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:Barracks feat, ragdolling TCW Kenobi are more than enough. I can't see why Maul shouldn't Force Choke Kenobi like their last time. And there is Savage who'd be a huge distraction for Kenobi.

The force choke happened hours/days after the S4 arc and Kenobi was emotionally conflicted in that arc as per Filoni

IIRC he even says that Kenobi is focused and ready to face Maul only in S5 and that happens months after the turtle tanker battle and the force choke in Sith Hunters

So, no. The fact that that version of Maul is about as powerful as TPM Maul cements the notion even further

In S5 on Florrum, Kenobi force pushes both Maul and Savage together, outside the caves in their battle. Inside the caves Maul only manages to grab him in a force grip once he "turns his back" and is focused on smashing Savage. Not to mention the fact that he is employing Jar'Kai that is confirmed to lower your attention to the force

Not to mention, the notion of Maul being more powerful than Kenobi doesn't make sense. Kenobi per the director of the show, did "not lose" the battle, and per Sam Witwer, "drives both Maul and Savage off". He is definitely not going to match the brothers evenly if his connection to the force is weaker than Maul alone.

Mentioning Maul exploiting lapses in his defense on occasion as evidence that he is more powerful isn't going to cut it. I don't use Kenobi force pushing both the brothers simultaneously as proof that he is more powerful than them inspite of the fact that Kenobi has several disadvantages in that fight in the cave and the brothers have none out of the caves

This is ignoring the fact that ROTS IH Kenobi is a different beast, having a year of growth in power, and MF Kenobi is an even bigger beast. 

It's not really your fault though. I have had to do this dance with every new guy but eventually most, if not all accept that Kenobi is comparable or superior to Maul. This fallacy stems from the wrong presumption( probably by the Bane trilogy) that force users have cocoons around them all the time that represent their full defensive capability. This notion has been proven extremely wrong over time. Check this out

https://www.suspectinsightforums.com/t55-force-barriers-explained
LOTL

September 19th 2019, 3:07 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:Lol, tell me one thing Prime Kenobi did better than 15 years old Maul when it comes to Force little sadie

Rage amped TPM Kenobi is matching TPM Maul in the force bro.
LOTL

September 19th 2019, 3:12 pm
On topic, Kenobi has to remove Savage from the fight quickly. It then becomes a battle against Maul or someone he can beat

Else, his normal strategy of waiting it out isn't going to work. Both have immense stamina and the reserves to prolong the battle and eventually he is going to be beaten
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

September 19th 2019, 3:15 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Maul solos
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum