Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

Mustafar Kenobi vs Maul and Savage - Page 2 Empty Re: Mustafar Kenobi vs Maul and Savage

September 19th 2019, 3:26 pm
LOTL wrote:
This is ignoring the fact that ROTS IH Kenobi is a different beast, having a year of growth in power, and MF Kenobi is an even bigger beast
Was with you right until you got to here.
LOTL

Mustafar Kenobi vs Maul and Savage - Page 2 Empty Re: Mustafar Kenobi vs Maul and Savage

September 19th 2019, 3:27 pm
You don't even have to take the blog at face value. There is a quote confirming it
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 19th 2019, 3:33 pm
Kenobi.
dark_globe
dark_globe

September 19th 2019, 3:47 pm
mustafar kenobi could beat any incarnation of maul .
if he takes savage out of the fight fast enough he can win this .
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

September 19th 2019, 3:57 pm
Maul’s velociraptor legs were initially a major disadvantage in the S4 finale because those legs were bigger and functioned differently than his original zabrack legs, and he had been completely out of practise for 12 years. Being out of practise atrophied his skills for a while, and those large legs made it more awkward because all of Maul’s past experiences and training in lightsaber combat occurred when he was relying on his smaller biological legs, but in his return to the clone wars, Maul didn’t have his original legs anymore, and he didn’t train himself in lightsaber combat while operating and relying on those velociraptor legs before he fought Obi-Wan and Ventress, so he had evidently had to go through the process of learning how to adapt his old fighting style to his new legs while fighting Obi-Wan in the turtle tanker, but he couldn’t do that immediately because all of his many years of training and experiences in duelling happened while he had a pair of legs that were smaller and functioned differently. Being out of practise for 12 years also prolonged that process because he had to recover his former skill set. 

There was this also this YouTube podcast where Filoni was saying that Maul’s velociraptor legs restricted Maul’s ability to perform acrobatics and use martial arts to a degree (I am presuming that he was talking about Maul’s Teras Kasi), but the podcast has sadly been removed from YouTube about 2 years ago, and I was too lazy to quote Filoni word for word at the time I listened to it, I can only go off memory. I didn’t expect YouTube to remove the podcast Mustafar Kenobi vs Maul and Savage - Page 2 1220391476

Last edited by Latham2000 on March 1st 2020, 6:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

September 19th 2019, 3:58 pm
This fight depends on how co-ordinated Maul and Savage are, I can imagine that they will work well in an open environment, so I’ll give them the nod.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

September 19th 2019, 5:14 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
HellfireUnit wrote:Lol, tell me one thing Prime Kenobi did better than 15 years old Maul when it comes to Force little sadie

Come back to us when Maul is capable of even stopping a wrist rocket lol

Kenobi was deflecting Anakin’s Force blasts, Maul gets obliterated 

Send me an iMessage when you’re done finding a feat Maul has that replicates this, bumchin
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

September 19th 2019, 5:48 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
🇪🇭

———

Kenobi dies. His fight with Anakin was absurdly circumstantial, and likewise even Kenobi’s duel against Maul and Opress in S5 was riddled with variables that made Kenobi’s performance possible.
O-Siri
O-Siri

September 20th 2019, 4:05 am
CuckCurry wrote:Come back to us when Maul is capable of even stopping a wrist rocket lol

You do realize that Maul was in a small cubical right? If he deflected the rocket upwards he still would have been caught by the explosion hitting the ceiling, so would Saseese Tiin. Sure he could have wrapped himself into a Force cocoon, but he still would have taken a beating much like Mace and Secura when they barely survived the Mandoloran's rocket. So getting out of dodge was the most logical thing to do.

Last edited by O-Siri on September 20th 2019, 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

September 20th 2019, 4:09 am
Send it back at the target lol

Or de-activate the launch system

Or even better just launch the target through a wall 

There’s no reconciliation here my child

Also we don’t talk about TCW in this house
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 20th 2019, 10:05 am
Lol, Kenobi deflecting Noobakin's blasts isn't impressive. It's an anti-feat for MFV. Kenobi has been ragdolled by Dooku and would be ragdolled by Maul in the Force once again even easier with Savage's assistance.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 20th 2019, 10:07 am
LOTL wrote:
HellfireUnit wrote:Barracks feat, ragdolling TCW Kenobi are more than enough. I can't see why Maul shouldn't Force Choke Kenobi like their last time. And there is Savage who'd be a huge distraction for Kenobi.

The force choke happened hours/days after the S4 arc and Kenobi was emotionally conflicted in that arc as per Filoni

IIRC he even says that Kenobi is focused and ready to face Maul only in S5 and that happens months after the turtle tanker battle and the force choke in Sith Hunters

So, no. The fact that that version of Maul is about as powerful as TPM Maul cements the notion even further

In S5 on Florrum, Kenobi force pushes both Maul and Savage together, outside the caves in their battle. Inside the caves Maul only manages to grab him in a force grip once he "turns his back" and is focused on smashing Savage. Not to mention the fact that he is employing Jar'Kai that is confirmed to lower your attention to the force

Not to mention, the notion of Maul being more powerful than Kenobi doesn't make sense. Kenobi per the director of the show, did "not lose" the battle, and per Sam Witwer, "drives both Maul and Savage off". He is definitely not going to match the brothers evenly if his connection to the force is weaker than Maul alone.

Mentioning Maul exploiting lapses in his defense on occasion as evidence that he is more powerful isn't going to cut it. I don't use Kenobi force pushing both the brothers simultaneously as proof that he is more powerful than them inspite of the fact that Kenobi has several disadvantages in that fight in the cave and the brothers have none out of the caves

This is ignoring the fact that ROTS IH Kenobi is a different beast, having a year of growth in power, and MF Kenobi is an even bigger beast. 

It's not really your fault though. I have had to do this dance with every new guy but eventually most, if not all accept that Kenobi is comparable or superior to Maul. This fallacy stems from the wrong presumption( probably by the Bane trilogy) that force users have cocoons around them all the time that represent their full defensive capability. This notion has been proven extremely wrong over time. Check this out

https://www.suspectinsightforums.com/t55-force-barriers-explained
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 20th 2019, 10:07 am
HellfireUnit wrote:
LOTL wrote:
HellfireUnit wrote:Barracks feat, ragdolling TCW Kenobi are more than enough. I can't see why Maul shouldn't Force Choke Kenobi like their last time. And there is Savage who'd be a huge distraction for Kenobi.

The force choke happened hours/days after the S4 arc and Kenobi was emotionally conflicted in that arc as per Filoni

IIRC he even says that Kenobi is focused and ready to face Maul only in S5 and that happens months after the turtle tanker battle and the force choke in Sith Hunters

So, no. The fact that that version of Maul is about as powerful as TPM Maul cements the notion even further

In S5 on Florrum, Kenobi force pushes both Maul and Savage together, outside the caves in their battle. Inside the caves Maul only manages to grab him in a force grip once he "turns his back" and is focused on smashing Savage. Not to mention the fact that he is employing Jar'Kai that is confirmed to lower your attention to the force

Not to mention, the notion of Maul being more powerful than Kenobi doesn't make sense. Kenobi per the director of the show, did "not lose" the battle, and per Sam Witwer, "drives both Maul and Savage off". He is definitely not going to match the brothers evenly if his connection to the force is weaker than Maul alone.

Mentioning Maul exploiting lapses in his defense on occasion as evidence that he is more powerful isn't going to cut it. I don't use Kenobi force pushing both the brothers simultaneously as proof that he is more powerful than them inspite of the fact that Kenobi has several disadvantages in that fight in the cave and the brothers have none out of the caves

This is ignoring the fact that ROTS IH Kenobi is a different beast, having a year of growth in power, and MF Kenobi is an even bigger beast. 

It's not really your fault though. I have had to do this dance with every new guy but eventually most, if not all accept that Kenobi is comparable or superior to Maul. This fallacy stems from the wrong presumption( probably by the Bane trilogy) that force users have cocoons around them all the time that represent their full defensive capability. This notion has been proven extremely wrong over time. Check this out

https://www.suspectinsightforums.com/t55-force-barriers-explained

Great respond btw.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 30th 2019, 1:57 pm
Kenobi was more or less matching the brothers circa TCW S5, never mind IH or Mustafar. I'll give it to him in the fight of his life, though I'm willing to hear an argument to the contrary.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 30th 2019, 3:18 pm
Kenobi wins
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

November 30th 2019, 4:12 pm
Kenobi
O-Siri
O-Siri

November 30th 2019, 5:34 pm
This time the duo should be ready for Kenobi's aggression if he tries that approach. There's a small chance Kenobi might be able to dispatch Savage but fighting two elite caliber opponents at the same time at maximum intensity is very exhausting and would put him at a big disadvantage against a Maul who would likely be rage amped.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

November 30th 2019, 5:46 pm
Previously I called out for brothers but now I am unsure. Kenobi's defenses are too strong and his mindset during Mustafar is strong.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

November 30th 2019, 5:48 pm
Kenobi destroys
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum