Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
QuakeBlood
QuakeBlood

Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II) vs Darth Bane (Dynasty of Evil) Empty Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II) vs Darth Bane (Dynasty of Evil)

September 2nd 2019, 4:53 pm
Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II) vs Darth Bane (Dynasty of Evil) 5367207-1039759104-53671

Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II) vs Darth Bane (Dynasty of Evil) 5367203-2556078294-49826

*Force drain disabled for Nihilus in Round 1, All out fight

*Round 2 All out fight

Fight takes place aboard the Ravager.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II) vs Darth Bane (Dynasty of Evil) Empty Re: Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II) vs Darth Bane (Dynasty of Evil)

September 2nd 2019, 4:54 pm
Nihilus both rounds
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II) vs Darth Bane (Dynasty of Evil) Empty Re: Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II) vs Darth Bane (Dynasty of Evil)

September 2nd 2019, 4:54 pm
Nihilus, mismatch.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 2nd 2019, 4:55 pm
Nihilus.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 2nd 2019, 4:58 pm
Bane stomps first round. Bane also wins second round if he is capable of countering his drain.
The Witness
The Witness

September 2nd 2019, 5:15 pm
Not a mismatch at all, but Nihilus does win.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

September 2nd 2019, 5:18 pm
R1, Nihilus stomps.
R2. Mismatch
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 2nd 2019, 5:30 pm
Nihilus's feats are light years above Bane's. How is this not a mismatch?
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 2nd 2019, 5:40 pm
Nihilus without his drain is trash. There is no way he is winning against Bane in R1.

For R2, I don't see Bane losing to Nihilus even when his drain is enabled. Nihilus never drained a Bane level combatant, whose knowledge also far surpasses Nihilus. Even IF Nihilus could drain Bane, the latter is not going to sit his ass down. Nihilus' Force applications on combat is poor and someone as powerful and skilled as Bane should crush the unskilled Sith Lord.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

September 2nd 2019, 5:49 pm
Bane is bullshit via Banite scaling... Nihilus being able to easily ragdoll Visas and Meetra while holding the Ravager together, as well as ripping the Ravager out of Malachor, while being in space, and the Ravager is buried is far superior to Bane's bullshit. Via scaling, the likes of Serra Keto and Bultar Swan can beat Bane, and Neither could even touch Nihilus. Being able to shit on Sion >>> losing to Bultar Swan.
dark_globe
dark_globe

September 2nd 2019, 5:55 pm
R1 bane wins
R2 nihilus
DarthSkywalker0
DarthSkywalker0

September 2nd 2019, 7:29 pm
dark_globe wrote:R1 bane wins
R2 nihilus

Why?
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

September 2nd 2019, 8:11 pm
I can see Bane taking Nihilus in the first round, yeah. 

He can close the gap with superior speed and wreck in CQC
DarthSkywalker0
DarthSkywalker0

September 2nd 2019, 8:16 pm
Deronn_Solo wrote:I can see Bane taking Nihilus in the first round, yeah. 

Why?
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

September 2nd 2019, 9:48 pm
Nihilus is considerably more powerful than Bane, but it's conceivable that Bane could close the distance with his speed and beat him in close quarters.

Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II) vs Darth Bane (Dynasty of Evil) SaeC5lk
DarthSkywalker0
DarthSkywalker0

September 2nd 2019, 9:51 pm
The Ellimist wrote:Nihilus is considerably more powerful than Bane, but it's conceivable that Bane could close the distance with his speed and beat him in close quarters.

Why is Nihilus more powerful then Bane? Does Nihilus' position as a spirit effect Bane's ability to close the distance and beat him?
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

September 2nd 2019, 9:54 pm
DarthSkywalker0 wrote:Why is Nihilus more powerful then Bane?

He has far better feats. Nihilus's feats like planet-draining are essentially what Bane was talking about when he wondered whether the ancient sith were more powerful than him and could therefore build holocrons while he couldn't (the second part turned out to be false, but that's besides the point).

Does Nihilus' position as a spirit effect Bane's ability to close the distance and beat him?

Why would it?
DarthSkywalker0
DarthSkywalker0

September 2nd 2019, 9:56 pm
He has far better feats. Nihilus's feats like planet-draining are essentially what Bane was talking about when he wondered whether the ancient sith were more powerful than him and could therefore build holocrons while he couldn't (the second part turned out to be false, but that's besides the point).

Thanks for the clarification.

Why would it?

Some people may equate being a spirit to intangibility, I was curious if you agreed with them. 
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

September 3rd 2019, 12:49 am
DarthSkywalker0 wrote:

Why?
After scanning through Path of Destruction, I've gone up on Bane by a pretty significant amount. His vast superiority to Kaan while being off-peak, leads me to believe he isn't too far behind in power at all.

I don't see Nihilus ragdolling, and the Lord of Hunger, honestly wouldn't last very long in a duel against someone of Bane's skill and physical caliber.
DarthSkywalker0
DarthSkywalker0

September 3rd 2019, 12:51 am
Deronn_Solo wrote:
DarthSkywalker0 wrote:

Why?
After scanning through Path of Destruction, I've gone up on Bane by a pretty significant amount. His vast superiority to Kaan while being off-peak, leads me to believe he isn't too far behind in power at all.

I don't see Nihilus ragdolling, and the Lord of Hunger, honestly wouldn't last very long in a duel against someone of Bane's skill and physical caliber.

Why would his vast superiority to Kaan + power growth lend him power on par with the Lord of Hunger?
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

September 3rd 2019, 1:15 am
I think people have a skewed opinion on Kaan because the way he was portrayed: a stubborn fool who's Sith doctrines was utter tripe - pure folley  to the fresh, and frankly vastly superior philosophy Bane ushered in.

Setting cognitive bias aside - the dude could change the tide of wars with BM, and mentally command 2,000 canonically strong minded Sith Lords simultaneously--if this feat was done, by, say a Revan, or Vader-- we'd never hear the end of it. Couple that with the fact that Kaan was stated trained and honed all his skills evenly; meaning, his telepthic/mental fortitude, isn't some anomaly when compared to the rest of his powers, therefore making  his strength in telekinesis and such parallel his mental dexterity. The kicker here is, Bane was far more powerful then Kaan as little more than a neophyte dark lord, and Bane's power should have grown exponentially throughout the trilogy.

I don't see someone packing that sort of scaling trailing behind Nihilus to the extent they could be ragdolled or demolished at all.
DarthSkywalker0
DarthSkywalker0

September 3rd 2019, 1:20 am
Setting cognitive bias aside - the dude could change the tide of wars with BM, and mentally command 2,000 canonically strong minded Sith Lords simultaneously--if this feat was done, by, say a Revan, or Vader-- we'd never hear the end of it. Couple that with the fact that Kaan was stated trained and honed all his skills evenly; meaning, his telepthic/mental fortitude, isn't some anomaly when compared to the rest of his powers, therefore making  his strength in telekinesis and such parallel his mental dexterity. The kicker here is, Bane was far more powerful then Kaan as little more than a neophyte dark lord, and Bane's power should have grown exponentially throughout the trilogy.

Well, we know specific force users have proclivities in certain abilities, would this not apply to Kaan? Why would the word "hone" mean he is equally proficient in every ability(Wouldn't that mean he practices evenly?) How does this feat compare to Nihilus? Do you take mediums into account?
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

September 3rd 2019, 2:22 am
I think it's implied that Kaan's TP is disproportionate to his other abilities given that he knew he would stand no chance against Bane in the Force or lightsabers but was confident he could TP him.

That being said, it's still a pretty insane feat and enough for Bane's high scaling over him to be worth quite a bit. I still don't see evidence that Bane is on the level of a guy who eats planets though.

Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II) vs Darth Bane (Dynasty of Evil) SaeC5lk
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 3rd 2019, 2:55 am
@LSDMB you may wanna check this matchup mate
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 3rd 2019, 9:22 am
HellfireUnit wrote:Nihilus without his drain is trash. There is no way he is winning against Bane in R1.

Without his drain, he is still capable of telekinetically holding the Ravager, a 1200-meter-long capital ship, together and prevent it from falling apart. He also instantly incapacitated the Exile, Visas Marr, and Mandalore, with a gesture, without drain. He's far from "trash" even if we disable his drain.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum