Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Can a dismembered limb be reattached? Empty Can a dismembered limb be reattached?

September 1st 2019, 12:28 pm
Lightsabers cauterise wounds, we know that for a fact. However, I came across this tidbit in Legacy and thought it was interesting. Unless they're using Sith alchemy or sorcery to reattach it, I'm not sure how this would work.

Can a dismembered limb be reattached? Rco00410
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

Can a dismembered limb be reattached? Empty Re: Can a dismembered limb be reattached?

September 1st 2019, 12:42 pm
Good question. Since Star Wars as general constantly ignores the "physics" I don't think it is necessary to question the procedure.
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

Can a dismembered limb be reattached? Empty Re: Can a dismembered limb be reattached?

September 1st 2019, 10:00 pm
I wouldn't at all be surprised if the technology exists in Star Wars to do that.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 2nd 2019, 3:00 pm
It begs the question then: why wasn't Anakin's arm preserved and reattached?
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 2nd 2019, 3:11 pm
Like you said, Sith alchemy may be the reason.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 2nd 2019, 3:53 pm
I think it is theoretically possible, but it is far more convenient to get a cybernetic one, given the advantages it offers.
LSDMB
LSDMB

September 3rd 2019, 2:28 am
I'm not sure at what point it became possible, but the Young Jedi Knights series I believe confirms that had Tenel Ka's lightsaber not exploded in her severed arm after Jacen accidently cut it off they would've been able to reattach it.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum