Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/KuX3b8hrrm
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DoA
DoA

Top 5 Sith Sorcerers Empty Top 5 Sith Sorcerers

August 22nd 2019, 8:36 am
As the title says. 

Nadd was stated to be the "greatest Sith sorcerer" to have existed up to his time in the Tales of the Jedi Companion guide. But what of those who came after his time that also practiced Sith sorcery?
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

Top 5 Sith Sorcerers Empty Re: Top 5 Sith Sorcerers

August 22nd 2019, 9:17 am
1. DE Sheev

2. Valkorion/Vitiate

3. Darth Zannah

4. Exar Kun

5. Nox / Dread / Wyyrlok / Nadd?

Am I missing anyone?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

August 22nd 2019, 9:32 am
For the purposes of this thread, what exactly qualifies as sorcery?

Anyway, I'd list at least Sheev for his ritual in Sithisis, Zannah for advancing far beyond Bane's expectations despite both of them having exhausted Nadd's holocron, and Vitiate for the Nathema and galaxy-eating rituals.

Last edited by Azronger on August 22nd 2019, 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

August 22nd 2019, 9:34 am
Maybe the Ambria sorceress too as an honourable mention.
Harbinger Kallig
Harbinger Kallig

August 22nd 2019, 10:00 am
ILS wrote:1. DE Sheev

2. Valkorion/Vitiate

3. Darth Zannah

4. Exar Kun

5. Nox / Dread / Wyyrlok / Nadd?

Am I missing anyone?
I agree with this list.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

August 22nd 2019, 10:08 am
ILS wrote:4. Exar Kun

I find this suspect.

Top 5 Sith Sorcerers Kun_s_10

Exar Kun at the height of his power and mastery states that while he technically can utilize many esoteric incantations and rituals, he doesn't actually understand any of it on a deeper level. It's the equivalent of a student verbatim memorizing the surface-level contents of a book for an exam without actually assimilating that knowledge or processing its real meaning. Not much different from Darth Bane.

Top 5 Sith Sorcerers 6451835-6586917512-46732

Furthermore, Kun needs his amulets to use Sith magic at all. Again, even Bane could wield rudimentary sorcery like illusions and Force blasts without a trinkets, and if you gave him Kun's toys, he'd probably be even more successful.

So in the end it comes down to what qualifies for a position on this list: having memorized a laundry list of spells and being able to use them, even if only with the aid of special paraphernalia, or actually comprehending the stuff on a profound level. In the case of the former, Bane and probably a whole lot of others would qualify better than Kun, and if it's the latter, then Kun obviously doesn't have any business on this list.

Level Five
Level Five

August 22nd 2019, 10:22 am
What issue is that from?
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

August 22nd 2019, 10:26 am
Darth Revan could be a candidate. Bane could barely comprehend the contents of Revan's holocron.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

August 22nd 2019, 11:19 am
ILS wrote:What issue is that from?

The Sith War # 6 and Galaxy Magazine # 8 respectively. As I said, Kun at the height of his power and mastery.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

August 22nd 2019, 11:22 am
I'd say Aleema Keto should be on this list.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

August 22nd 2019, 1:04 pm
Sidious, Vitiate, Nox, Nadd, Dread, Revan, Zannah, Malak, Ragnos, Kressh. I'd say those are your candidates.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

August 23rd 2019, 3:23 pm
KingofBlades wrote:Darth Revan could be a candidate. Bane could barely comprehend the contents of Revan's holocron.

Top 5 Sith Sorcerers 1289255181 There's definitely something to be said for creating a ritual that, when actualized to its fullest, can grant someone omniscience (i.e. Jerec).
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

August 23rd 2019, 10:16 pm
Azronger wrote:
ILS wrote:4. Exar Kun

I find this suspect.

Top 5 Sith Sorcerers Kun_s_10

Exar Kun at the height of his power and mastery states that while he technically can utilize many esoteric incantations and rituals, he doesn't actually understand any of it on a deeper level. It's the equivalent of a student verbatim memorizing the surface-level contents of a book for an exam without actually assimilating that knowledge or processing its real meaning. Not much different from Darth Bane.

Top 5 Sith Sorcerers 6451835-6586917512-46732

Furthermore, Kun needs his amulets to use Sith magic at all. Again, even Bane could wield rudimentary sorcery like illusions and Force blasts without a trinkets, and if you gave him Kun's toys, he'd probably be even more successful.

So in the end it comes down to what qualifies for a position on this list: having memorized a laundry list of spells and being able to use them, even if only with the aid of special paraphernalia, or actually comprehending the stuff on a profound level. In the case of the former, Bane and probably a whole lot of others would qualify better than Kun, and if it's the latter, then Kun obviously doesn't have any business on this list.

Please don't spread such heinous misinformation. The knowledge he refers to on the following panel is what he had just stolen from the Chamber of Antiquities on Ossus:

Top 5 Sith Sorcerers Screen14

Now whilst Kun did get far more powerful from said collection of knowledge, he couldn't possibly study what amounted to:

Star Wars Omnibus: Tales of the Jedi Volume 2 wrote:Looking at all the precious artifacts his Massassi have stolen, Exar Kun knows he has more wealth and knowledge than he could ever use.

But you've actually accidentally supported the greatest Sith in history. Exar Kun didn't fully understand the ritual he used and yet he was completely successful anyway, such is his affinity and mastery of the sorcery arts.

As supported here:

The Dark Side Sourcebook wrote:The most powerful Sith Lords possess a talent for the dark alchemy of the Sith. The Emperor, like Naga Sadow and Exar Kun long before him, became a master of manipulating the genetic building blocks of living creatures through the dark side. Over the millennia, many creatures have been broken, twisted, and rebuilt by this evil power.

I'm not even going to start on you taking a description of what we already know the amulets did; channel and focus energy into various forms of Force attacks such as blasts, lightning or waves of hatred. Though I must admit, it's funny how Darth Sidious is 'restless' knowing other amulets are out there for him to use:

Darth Sidious, Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side wrote:Minor amulets can create protective shields, knit injured flesh, sharpen battle focus, or energize weakened muscles. However, great amulets are priceless and often unique. Users must first overcome the amulet's seductive song. For if they can't, they will be forever lost to dark side insanity. I have acquired many of these prizes for myself, but I remain restless knowing that many more lie locked in the tombs of Korriban.
Praxis
Praxis
Moderator | Champion of the Light
Moderator | Champion of the Light

August 27th 2019, 2:41 pm
This Fulminiss disrespect though Top 5 Sith Sorcerers 4147650925

Level Four
Level Four

August 27th 2019, 4:09 pm
Didn’t Revan create the thought bomb ritual?
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

August 27th 2019, 4:14 pm
IdrisianGraecus wrote:Didn’t Revan create the thought bomb ritual?

Top 5 Sith Sorcerers 1289255181
Valkorion
Valkorion

August 28th 2019, 6:52 am
Vitiate
Palpatine
Exar Kun
Darth Revan
Some Banites prob
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

August 28th 2019, 6:55 am
Palpatine and Valkorion are some order of 1 and 2, and nobody else really comes close.

Then by scaling you probably have some of the Banite Line taking up the next of the top 5, given that even Zannah has some pretty potent showings. Other than the Banites, Exar Kun and Darth Revan probably have the most impressive sorcery feats.

Top 5 Sith Sorcerers SaeC5lk
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum