Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/KuX3b8hrrm
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Sovereing protector armor Empty Sovereing protector armor

August 20th 2019, 11:49 am
So guys, i've noticed that Sovereing protector armor is not actually the armor that Carnor Jax wore in Crimson Empire What makes me say that? the Dark horse Handbook 2: Crimson Empire. It says that Jax, after the raid on the royal guard academy, stole the black and red royal guard armor from the Academy's Master Instructor. The handbook also says that that armor is exclusive for Master instructors. 
Sovereing protector armor Descar10
Now the Dark Empire comics and Sourcebook showed us an image of a Sovereing protector wearing a completly different set of armor. Look at the back of its helmet and compare it to that of Jax's armor in Crimson Empire.
Sovereing protector armor Descar11[url=https://servimg.com/view/20099039/5]Sovereing protector armor 01d65d10[/url]

Now it seems its pretty clear that the armor seen in Dark Empire is the actual armor used by Sovereing Protectors but new sources seem to ignore this as they claim that Sovereing porotectors wear an armor identical to Jax's armor.
The Swords of the Empire adventure says this: "These guars seem to be garbed in the armor of the Royal Guard, though large sections of their armor are painted black" this description fits better to the Master Instructo armor rather than sovereing protector armor. 

And the Evil never dies: The Sith Dynasties, contradicts both sources saying this: 
"As the dominant color of his robes suggest, the dark sider Carnor Jax had ties to not only to the Imperial Royal Guard, but his father was once a Sith mercenary of the Thyrsus Sun Guard who was killed by Darth Sidious following his failure to recover King Adas' holocron." This seems to indicate Jax's armor was black in honor of his father's Sun Guard armor, which contradicts Handbook 2: Crimson Empire and Swords of the Empire.

So which source is true? Which one should we consider canon in the Legends continuity? The outdated Dark Empire sourcebooks and the Handbook 2: Crimson Empire? Or Evil never Dies: Sith Dynasties? Or perhaps the last source that came before Disney stopped publishing Legends content: Swords of the Empire?
Harbinger Kallig
Harbinger Kallig

Sovereing protector armor Empty Re: Sovereing protector armor

August 21st 2019, 7:38 am
I would say the latest, it depends on whether or not it was intended to be a retcon or it was just an editing/writing/drawing error.

August 21st 2019, 6:28 pm
Didnt know i would find you here, Harbinger. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

My guess is that it's a writing error as it's a common misconnception to think that Carnor Jax wore Sovereign protector armor during the Events of Crimson Empire.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

August 22nd 2019, 4:51 am
Are you sure that's not an Imperial Sentinel?

August 22nd 2019, 6:07 am
Yes, as the Dark Empire sourcebook says that is a Sovereign protector.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum