Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

How close is Cade Skywalker to Darth Krayt? Empty How close is Cade Skywalker to Darth Krayt?

August 13th 2019, 10:07 am
Based on their final battle in Legacy: War #6 how close would you say Prime Cade Skywalker is to Reborn Krayt?
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

How close is Cade Skywalker to Darth Krayt? Empty Re: How close is Cade Skywalker to Darth Krayt?

August 13th 2019, 11:04 am
Close enough that Krayt can't one shot or stomp him but still decisively inferior.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

How close is Cade Skywalker to Darth Krayt? Empty Re: How close is Cade Skywalker to Darth Krayt?

August 13th 2019, 11:15 am
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:Close enough that Krayt can't one shot or stomp him but still decisively inferior.

How close is Cade Skywalker to Darth Krayt? 1289255181
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

August 13th 2019, 11:31 am
Far enough that Krayt can one-shot
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

August 13th 2019, 12:31 pm
Krayt was basically in no danger of dying in a serious fight. Kind of like Yoda vs Dooku or Sheev vs Maul.

They're less close than they were in their first fight, despite the fact Cade grew much stronger between the two fights.
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

August 13th 2019, 12:38 pm
Not close at all
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

August 13th 2019, 5:26 pm
Not very close.
darthbane77
darthbane77

August 14th 2019, 2:12 am
Azronger wrote:Far enough that Krayt can one-shot
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

August 14th 2019, 5:37 am
Azronger wrote:Far enough that Krayt can one-shot
DoA
DoA

August 14th 2019, 6:55 am
Meatpants wrote:Not close at all
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

August 14th 2019, 9:05 am
Not close at all.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 15th 2019, 4:36 pm
@Azronger @darthbane77 @Greysentinel365

Can one of you fine gentlemen give me the reasoning as to why Krayt can one-shot Cade despite his failure to in the finale of Legacy: War?
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

August 15th 2019, 4:49 pm
He doesn’t fail to.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 15th 2019, 4:58 pm
He kinda does though... Explain why none of the below matters:

-He fails to incap Cade with TK and lightning at the start of their fight.

-The fight lasts long enough for them to end up outside before Krayt finishes him indicating it went on for at least a moderately decent period of time during which Krayt didn't one-shot him.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 15th 2019, 5:01 pm
How close is Cade Skywalker to Darth Krayt? 1289255181
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

August 15th 2019, 5:13 pm
- Villain monologueing. Toying. Like he does not see Cade as a threat at all. Nor is the kid. He’s quite happy to just keep humouring the kid.

- See above.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

August 16th 2019, 4:59 am
NotAA3 wrote:@Azronger @darthbane77 @Greysentinel365

Can one of you fine gentlemen give me the reasoning as to why Krayt can one-shot Cade despite his failure to in the finale of Legacy: War?

How close is Cade Skywalker to Darth Krayt? Krayt_14
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

August 16th 2019, 5:08 am
@NotAA3 @DC77 (Reborn) Also, stop clogging threads with garbage. You've already littered this thread with vapid and unfunny emojis. I'm deleting all of them from both here and the Caedus thread. That goes for the "I'll respond tomorrow" and "I have a headache so I can't respond today" posts as well.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 16th 2019, 8:59 am
R.I.P my post count.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 16th 2019, 9:21 am
@Azronger

Apologies. It will not happen again.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 16th 2019, 6:57 pm
@Greysentinel365

- Villain monologueing. Toying. He’s quite happy to just keep humouring the kid.

This is entirely speculative. His certainty that he will win the fight because of what happened in their last encounter and how he has grown since then doesn't mean he was toying with Cade. Let's cut the speculation and look at the source material:

How close is Cade Skywalker to Darth Krayt? Krayt_32

Krayt is visibly angry after his TK fails and Cade refuses to surrender. If Krayt were happy to humor Cade and toy with him why would he be so frustrated at his failure to subdue Cade? Not to mention if he could simply one-shot Cade why would he continually insist that Cade surrender rather than just finishing him?

Like he does not see Cade as a threat at all. Nor is the kid.

Darth Talon who has seen both of their combative capabilities first hand felt that she needed to warn Krayt of Cade's new mastery of the Force upon experiencing it:

How close is Cade Skywalker to Darth Krayt? Darth_13

If Cade isn't a threat to Krayt even with his new mastery and there is a stomp/one-shot gap between them then why would she feel such an urgent need to inform Krayt of Cade's boost in power? I'm going to need more than just and handwaving and speculation to convince me Cade isn't a threat to Krayt tbh.

To summarise:

-Darth Talon clearly doesn't seem to think there's an utterly colossal disparity between Krayt and Prime Cade.

-Krayt fails to incap Cade with TK and lightning at the start of the fight.

-The duel lasts long enough for them both to end up outside. During that period of time, Krayt didn't one-shot Cade.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 16th 2019, 7:18 pm
@Azronger Taking the moment of the fight where Krayt won and acting as if the rest isn't there doesn't mean there's a one-shot gap between them. Refer to my above post for why I don't believe Krayt can one-shot Cade.

The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

August 16th 2019, 7:30 pm
While I do agree with Arkham's main point that Krayt can't just casually oneshot Cade with TK or Lightning, it is important to stress that it wasn't exactly the hardest fight of Krayt's life either. Some facts to bare in mind:

-Krayt's intention was not lethal. He wanted to subdue and convert Cade so that one day he could inhabit his body.

-Krayt is visibly less strained here than he was in their first fight and in his fight against Wyyrlok. Everything from his demeanour to his body language is far more relaxed compared to those two other fights. Seriously: have a read of Krayt vs Wyyrlok, pay attention to his level of anger and dialogue, and then read his second fight with Cade and compare them. In the first fight he is livid, in the second he's so comfortable in his victory he frames the entire scenario as if he had already won and the duel itself was just a formality waiting to be played out (which was kind of Krayt's demeanour about everything after being Reborn due to some "coming back from the other side" precog shenanigans but I digress).

-In terms of on-panel fighting, this is one of the shortest fights in the entirety of Legacy. Cade's various bouts with Talon, Nihl, Stryfe and Maladi, Talon vs Jedi or Imperial Knights, Krayt vs Cade 1 or Krayt vs Wyyrlok, etc, all lasted considerably longer than this fight and were fought with more intensity. Insisting that anything important happened off-panel is very asinine. This was the climax of the entire series - if there was a point to be made, it would have been made in this fight. Instead we were given a short fight which displayed Krayt, very relaxed and sure of himself, subduing Cade in a few comic panels with the intention to talk him down and convert him. If something happens off-panel and is not mentioned anywhere else, it's very hard to argue that whatever happened was important. 

You cannot possibly describe them as "close" or Cade as a "threat" apart from in a very loose sense.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum