Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Yoda vs. Valkorion - Page 4 Empty Re: Yoda vs. Valkorion

December 8th 2019, 11:12 am
Yoda vs. Valkorion - Page 4 6753586-tk2

V.S 

Yoda vs. Valkorion - Page 4 Ezgif-6-b568b1df0339

V.S 

Yoda vs. Valkorion - Page 4 D1ZLo6

Small object >>> building sized reactor confirmed.  Yoda vs. Valkorion - Page 4 3344068304

Spoiler:
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 8th 2019, 12:36 pm
Valk stomps.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 8th 2019, 12:51 pm
Honestly, I doubt anyone in Star Wars outside of the Ones or other god tier beings/tier 10s like Mortis Anakin could actually stomp or ragdoll Yoda. Beat him convincingly, yes, but definitely not stomp him.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 8th 2019, 5:04 pm
An exhausted Mace.

He unleashed lightning while Mace was still standing at full power. Instead of Mace, Sidious appeared to be exhausted.

while the latter was also amped with Sidious' own power.

No he wasn't. 

he had time only to slip back into Vaapad and angle his blade to catch the forking arcs of pure, dazzling hatred that clawed toward him. Because Vaapad is more than a fighting style. It is a state of mind: a channel for darkness.

Of course he was amped.

Yoda can hold and reflect it back to its source all by himself.
And it exhausted him to do so.

Because they were already fighting and Yoda's stamina is even lesser than Dooku's? He has to put in more effort to keep himself going. And even after he fell, he could keep on fighting, though the result would be in favor of Sidious.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 8th 2019, 6:38 pm
He unleashed lightning while Mace was still standing at full power.
If it tired Sidious, it would (and did) have tired Mace. 

Instead of Mace, Sidious appeared to be exhausted.

Sidious was also able to draw upon his rage and hatred as well as feed upon Anakin's fear. An "exhausted" opponent doesn't keep amping up their attack. By contrast, Mace was not only repeatedly described as being tired throughout the novel, but also is explicitly stated to have no strength left.

he had time only to slip back into Vaapad and angle his blade to catch the forking arcs of pure, dazzling hatred that clawed toward him. Because Vaapad is more than a fighting style. It is a state of mind: a channel for darkness.

Of course he was amped.

And in the same fight:

"You're the chosen one, Anakin," Mace said, his voice going thin with strain. This was beyond Vaapad; he had no strength left to fight against his own blade. "Take him. It's your destiny."
Vaapad is not designed to fight lightning. It was pretty quickly overwhelmed. The text even distinguishes between Vaapad and his own strength. 
Not to mention Mace had already shown the ability to counter a Force blast from Sidious while standing by a window, unprepared and out of Vaapad. 

Because they were already fighting and Yoda's stamina is even lesser than Dooku's?
And the basis for this would be...?

He has to put in more effort to keep himself going. And even after he fell, he could keep on fighting, though the result would be in favor of Sidious.

This is not true, and you know it. Sidious was absolutely exhausted, barely standing even. If Yoda were able to keep fighting, he would have.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 8th 2019, 7:08 pm
I will write a respond tomorrow mate. One thing I know for sure is I am too damn exhausted.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 8th 2019, 7:10 pm
HP/DC77 tier excuse.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 8th 2019, 7:11 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:HP/DC77 tier excuse.

Yoda vs. Valkorion - Page 4 1076326320

Fr though, I have been sick for three days and I live alone. Didn't leave my home for 45 hours.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 8th 2019, 7:17 pm
@HellfireUnit No worries, get better soon!
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 8th 2019, 7:27 pm
not to be obvious, but sheev is confirmed to be a stronger dark sider than him in ROTS. i posted that quote idk how long ago. i think i found it in some comicvine respect thread
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 8th 2019, 7:35 pm
Valkorion technically wasn't a Sith. Vitiate was (until the beginning SWTOR, at least), but not Valkorion.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 8th 2019, 7:50 pm
I said dark Sider,not sith
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

December 8th 2019, 8:22 pm
Provide the aforementioned quote. Also note Valk has transcended light and dark. So he isn't really a "darksider" either.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 8th 2019, 9:51 pm
Inside the spacious interior of the Galactic Senate chamber, Yoda challenged the Emperor. The two engaged in a spectacular duel—a contest between the most powerful practitioners of the Force’s light and dark sides. "The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia" 

him transcending really doesnt mean kriff. if he used the dark side, sheev is stronger than him. if he used the light side, yoda is stronger than him. in the end, it boils down to sheev> yoda> valk.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 9th 2019, 8:19 am
Sorry for the formatting, it is hard to write on mobile.

1 - Vaapad and Mace's exhaustion

BreakofDawn wrote:Vaapad is not designed to fight lightning. It was pretty quickly overwhelmed. The text even distinguishes between Vaapad and his own strength. 
Not to mention Mace had already shown the ability to counter a Force blast from Sidious while standing by a window, unprepared and out of Vaapad. 

> Firstly Vaapad is a state of mind, it amplifies the users strength by drawing from their own darkness and also the enemies. It strictly counters the Dark Side users and grants the wielder power to fight against them. Vaapad being not designed to fight lightning is irrelevant. Tutaminis and Lightsabers are necessary techniques/items to fight it and one's usage of these techniques are directly proportional with the practitioners' own strength. Lightsabers themselves are more than capable of fending off the Sith Lightning. An amped Mace being uncapable of holding the waves of lightning is more than impressive you think.

> About Mace's exhaustion, you do realize that Mace only became exhausted after Palpatine unleashed his lightning upon him? He had time to utilize from Vaapad and Palpatine's strength and still the latter was too damn strong for him to fend off his lightning. Even by using the exact counter of the Dark Side, Mace's own strength combined with Palpatine's darkness and a lightsaber was incapable of holding off the Emperor's might and almost killed him and bent his blade. Mace's exhaustion is result of this situation therefore the previous points you presented are invalid.

2 - Yoda's stamina and decision to retreat

BreakofDawn wrote:This is not true, and you know it. Sidious was absolutely exhausted, barely standing even. If Yoda were able to keep fighting, he would have.

> Let's check this passages from RotS Novel shall we?

He knew, at that instant, that this insight held the hope of the galaxy. But if he fell here, that hope would die with him. Hmmm, Yoda thought. A problem this is...

Although Yoda held his own for much of the duel, in the end the Sith bested him. He realized that continuing to directly confront Palpatine would mean failure.

Yoda could keep continue on fighting, as does Sidious. However the ketamine addict Jedi Master came to realize that he would lose in the end hence why he chose to retreat. Even then he was still capable of using the Force to enchance his physicals to super-human levels. Not to mention that Yoda's health was perfectly fine when he met Bail Organa, only his "pride" was hurt.

With the help of the Force, Yoda sprinted along the service accessway below the Arena faster than a human being could run; he sliced conduits as he passed, filling the accessway behind him with coils of high-voltage cables, twisting and spitting lightning.

> Yoda's base stamina:

Do I even have to make an explanation for this part? Without sustaining himself with the Force, Kermit needs his cane to walk more comfortably. Usage of the Force to sustain his body and enhance his physicals tires him more than usual. Ever since he past 700, Yoda has been getting weaker due to his age and both Mace and himself acknowledges this.

3 - Thanks man, thankfully I am better. Being ill sucks. @BreakofDawn
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 9th 2019, 1:49 pm
@lorenzo.r.2nd That quote doesn't reference all time, it just notes that Sheev and Yoda are the two most powerful practitioners as of the present, and thus Valk isn't bound by it in any way, shape or form.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 9th 2019, 2:36 pm
what u are saying is not a fact. i can easily counter that by saying "it sounds like it is talking about 'all-time' imo"

and even then it says "a contest between the most powerful practitioners of the Force’s light and dark sides" which sounds a shitton ton like an all-time thing to me. im not trying to reiterate the sentence above, but it sounds quite obvious imo.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 9th 2019, 2:51 pm
@HellfireUnit How is it that now I'm ill as well, lol? Coming down with a head cold so will need a few days to reply, sorry.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 9th 2019, 3:01 pm
@lorenzo.r.2nd No, what I'm saying is supported by the factual evidence given to us in the quote. Nothing is mentioned about all time, and it's written in the present. My conclusion is based on what the source says, not vague assumptions about what it might mean, of which there is no mention. Besides, even if I were to concede your POV, the existence of the Son would render the quote incorrect. True or false, you lose, as always.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 9th 2019, 3:05 pm
Sidious > the Son and Yoda > the Daughter confirmed.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 9th 2019, 3:19 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:@HellfireUnit How is it that now I'm ill as well, lol? Coming down with a head cold so will need a few days to reply, sorry.

Get well soon brother, no need to rush anything.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 9th 2019, 4:26 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:@lorenzo.r.2nd No, what I'm saying is supported by the factual evidence given to us in the quote. Nothing is mentioned about all time, and it's written in the present. My conclusion is based on what the source says, not vague assumptions about what it might mean, of which there is no mention. Besides, even if I were to concede your POV, the existence of the Son would render the quote incorrect. True or false, you lose, as always.
the son is dead by this point. but hey, its not like u are also saying that valk> son and abeloth, so its all fine either way
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 9th 2019, 4:27 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:Sidious > the Son and Yoda > the Daughter confirmed.
i believe both are dead by ROTS, arent they?
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

December 9th 2019, 4:49 pm
So is Valk... and Revan, and Vitiate...
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 9th 2019, 4:52 pm
i see how it is now. its fine for valk to be> son and abeloth, but not fine for sheev to be> son and abeloth. alright lol i get it. Hippocratic ass kriff huh
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum