Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

Did Dooku's skills atrophy Empty Did Dooku's skills atrophy

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:09 am
So I was scrolling through Dooku's Wookipedia page for fun and I see that under his lightsaber ability section, wookipedia claims that by 20 BBY his skills with a lightsaber had atrophied, claiming that Yoda no longer saw Dooku as a formidable threat. This would imply that earlier on in the war Dooku was somewhat close to Yoda. Wookipedia cites Yoda Uncovered the 8th issue of Star Wars Comic. As I do not have access to the comic, I am asking you all of the relevance and validity of this information. Should we count the source as valid and does it shake up peak Dooku's place in the power spectrum at all?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger
Moderator
Moderator

Did Dooku's skills atrophy Empty Re: Did Dooku's skills atrophy

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:16 am
Yeah, it's valid, but in the same comic, Dooku floors Yoda with lightning moments after Yoda taunted him by retorting that the dark has only made him more powerful. I wouldn't ascribe much value to Yoda's comments. He's just trash-talking the Count.
O-Siri
O-Siri

Did Dooku's skills atrophy Empty Re: Did Dooku's skills atrophy

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:33 am
Also if we want to factor in Yoda's in universe opinion he still was of the belief Mace Windu was at best equal to Dooku on neutral ground a year later in Y:DR. More likely he was just as Az puts it trash talking. I wouldn't give it any more face value than Luminara's "sloppy, amatrish, unrefined" remarks on Ventress's techique.
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

Did Dooku's skills atrophy Empty Re: Did Dooku's skills atrophy

Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:14 am
It's likely just a taunt;

Did Dooku's skills atrophy Star_w13

The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Did Dooku's skills atrophy Empty Re: Did Dooku's skills atrophy

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:52 pm
Azronger wrote:Yeah, it's valid, but in the same comic, Dooku floors Yoda with lightning moments after Yoda taunted him by retorting that the dark has only made him more powerful. I wouldn't ascribe much value to Yoda's comments. He's just trash-talking the Count.

Kilius wrote:Also if we want to factor in Yoda's in universe opinion he still was of the belief Mace Windu was at best equal to Dooku on neutral ground a year later in Y:DR. More likely he was just as Az puts it trash talking. I wouldn't give it any more face value than Luminara's "sloppy, amatrish, unrefined" remarks on Ventress's techique.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

Did Dooku's skills atrophy Empty Re: Did Dooku's skills atrophy

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:46 pm
No he didn't.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger
Moderator
Moderator

Did Dooku's skills atrophy Empty Re: Did Dooku's skills atrophy

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:27 pm
Also, in the Attack of the Clones novelization, Yoda internally muses that the dark side is what gave Dooku his increased power. What he says out loud when he's fighting Dooku as a taunt shouldn't be put much stock into IMO.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

Did Dooku's skills atrophy Empty Re: Did Dooku's skills atrophy

Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:22 am
Krayt Dies wrote:
Azronger wrote:Yeah, it's valid, but in the same comic, Dooku floors Yoda with lightning moments after Yoda taunted him by retorting that the dark has only made him more powerful. I wouldn't ascribe much value to Yoda's comments. He's just trash-talking the Count.

Kilius wrote:Also if we want to factor in Yoda's in universe opinion he still was of the belief Mace Windu was at best equal to Dooku on neutral ground a year later in Y:DR. More likely he was just as Az puts it trash talking. I wouldn't give it any more face value than Luminara's "sloppy, amatrish, unrefined" remarks on Ventress's techique.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66
Moderator
Moderator

Did Dooku's skills atrophy Empty Re: Did Dooku's skills atrophy

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:30 am
I think it's plausible Dooku feigned his power-level on his initial strikes to make Yoda think that, so that Yoda would leave himself more vulnerable to counter-attacj.
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

Did Dooku's skills atrophy Empty Re: Did Dooku's skills atrophy

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:51 am
I find it rather strange for Yoda to fall for that, or at least fail to sense that Dooku was doing such a thing. Yoda’s using nothing short of his ‘full Jedi powers’ against a fatigued Tyranus on Geonosis, but here he’s content to hold back his speed and sense powers because Dooku, in his mind, has backslidden?

Yoda singles out Dooku’s cunning as one of his greatest attributes time and again, so why would he lower his guard here? I’d buy this line of thinking if it were anyone but Yoda, who’s hardly susceptible to such arrogance in combat.
Sponsored content

Did Dooku's skills atrophy Empty Re: Did Dooku's skills atrophy

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum