Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

on December 19th 2020, 10:46 am
Location: Odessen (Light and Dark are in perfect balance)

Assume character abilities as of:

The Son (The Clone Wars)

vs.

Luke Skywalker (Fate of the Jedi - Apocalypse)
Darth Krayt (Fate of the Jedi - Apocalypse)

NORMAL ROUND = Team can use Lightsabers and Force powers

BONUS ROUND = Team gets the Dagger of Mortis in addition to Lightsabers and vice versa
Thanaton
Thanaton

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty Re: The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

on December 19th 2020, 11:04 am
Luke wins The Son is like half Luke's level.
KingKopecz
KingKopecz

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty Re: The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

on December 19th 2020, 11:43 am
@Thanaton wrote:Luke wins The Son is like half Luke's level.
How?
The Fallen Knight
The Fallen Knight

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty Re: The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

on December 19th 2020, 12:23 pm
I'd say The Son
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty Re: The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

on December 19th 2020, 12:40 pm
The Son, pretty easily.
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty Re: The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

on December 19th 2020, 12:46 pm
The Son.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty Re: The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

on December 19th 2020, 8:53 pm
Split the Son like 20 times and put them against one fragment and maybe they have a prayer
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty Re: The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

on December 20th 2020, 8:30 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt 39523600



Historian account:

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt The-Chosen-One

From (Star Wars: Force and Destiny: Core Rulebook)

The Father also said something interesting: "Only the chosen one could tame (take?) both my children."

He did not assert that somebody could not take even one of them.
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty Re: The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

on December 20th 2020, 2:50 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@S_W_LeGenD wrote:The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt 39523600



Historian account:

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt The-Chosen-One

From (Star Wars: Force and Destiny: Core Rulebook)

The Father also said something interesting: "Only the chosen one could tame (take?) both my children."

He did not assert that somebody could not take even one of them.
This quote does not state that only the Chosen One can defeat the children because it would be contradictory to Abeloth defeating both of them.

Tame and defeat are two different things.

Just because he didn't say that someone could take one of his kids doesn't mean no one could.
Vaelias
Vaelias

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty Re: The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

on December 21st 2020, 1:43 pm
@VictreebelVictr wrote:
@S_W_LeGenD wrote:The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt 39523600



Historian account:

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt The-Chosen-One

From (Star Wars: Force and Destiny: Core Rulebook)

The Father also said something interesting: "Only the chosen one could tame (take?) both my children."

He did not assert that somebody could not take even one of them.
This quote does not state that only the Chosen One can defeat the children because it would be contradictory to Abeloth defeating both of them.

Tame and defeat are two different things.

Just because he didn't say that someone could take one of his kids doesn't mean no one could.

the chosen one is the only mortal to be able to tame them, that's what it means, Abeloth is an entity so would be exempt
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty Re: The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

on December 21st 2020, 2:53 pm
@Vaelias wrote:the chosen one is the only mortal to be able to tame them, that's what it means, Abeloth is an entity so would be exempt
Why would it mean mortal?
I_Like_Chee
I_Like_Chee
Level Six
Level Six

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty Re: The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

on December 21st 2020, 3:06 pm
Abeloth has never defeated The Son and The Daughter, and she is confirmed to be below either of them by their lonesome - let alone together.
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty Re: The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

on December 21st 2020, 10:17 pm
NotAA3 wrote:Abeloth has never defeated The Son and The Daughter, and she is confirmed to be below either of them by their lonesome - let alone together.
How was that confirmed?

Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse wrote:The third panel depicted the arcade complex again, this time with a much-changed Abeloth standing in the heart of a stormy courtyard. Her hair had grown coarse and long, her nose had flattened until it was practically gone, and her sparkling eyes had grown so sunken and dark that all that could be seen of them were the twinkles. She was raising her arms toward a cowering Daughter and a glowering Son, with long tentacles lashing from where her fingers should have been. Stepping forward to shield them was a furious Father, one hand pointing toward the swamp at the open end of the temple, the other reaching out to intercept her tentacled fingers.
This here implies that she defeated both of them.
I_Like_Chee
I_Like_Chee
Level Six
Level Six

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty Re: The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

on December 22nd 2020, 8:13 am
@VictreebelVictr

How was that confirmed?

Here:

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-world-puller-the-history-of-centerpoint-station-needs-author-entry/ wrote:The architects had a stepmother of sorts named Abeloth, a being similar, but not quite as powerful as the Celestials.

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt 228124001

This here implies that she defeated both of them.

I don't see how Abeloth preparing to attack them and The Father jumping into to defend them "implies" anything of the sort. Care to elaborate?
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty Re: The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

on December 22nd 2020, 12:34 pm
NotAA3 wrote:The architects had a stepmother of sorts named Abeloth, a being similar, but not quite as powerful as the Celestials.

Could this be referring to all of the celestials? "Celestials" is plural.


NotAA3 wrote:I don't see how Abeloth preparing to attack them and The Father jumping into to defend them "implies" anything of the sort. Care to elaborate?

"Cowering" and "glowering" are words that describe inferiority. It seems that The Father needed to get involved to actually stop her. I think it makes sense as well, for The Father was superior to both The Son and The Daughter at a time.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty Re: The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

on December 22nd 2020, 2:06 pm
Could this be referring to all of the celestials? "Celestials" is plural.

Possibly. There's a hierarchy amongst the Celestials.
KingKopecz
KingKopecz

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty Re: The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

on December 22nd 2020, 2:08 pm
Son
I_Like_Chee
I_Like_Chee
Level Six
Level Six

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty Re: The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

on December 22nd 2020, 5:14 pm
@VictreebelVictr

Could this be referring to all of the celestials? "Celestials" is plural.

Are you asking me whether this is placing Abeloth below all of The Celestials combined or placing her below all of them individually?

"Cowering" and "glowering" are words that describe inferiority.

The latter just means to have an angry expression, so I don't see how it necessitates inferiority. If I glower at someone in real life, it doesn't mean I'd lose a fight with them, lol.

As for the former, there's a greater case there, but still not much of one. All it necessitates is that The Daughter was scared, and given that Abeloth is a being close in power to her and is lashing out violently, I wouldn't say that's too surprising - we've seen Sidious be scared of Yoda, for example, in spite of his equality/superiority. Moreover, an IU character reaction is not as objective as an OOU quote - the statement should take precedence here.

It seems that The Father needed to get involved to actually stop her. I think it makes sense as well, for The Father was superior to both The Son and The Daughter at a time.

It may "seem" that way, but that doesn't mean that actually is the case. All we're shown is that The Father did help them, not that he needed to.
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty Re: The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

on December 22nd 2020, 5:45 pm
NotAA3 wrote:Are you asking me whether this is placing Abeloth below all of The Celestials combined or placing her below all of them individually?
Combined.

NotAA3 wrote:The latter just means to have an angry expression, so I don't see how it necessitates inferiority. If I glower at someone in real life, it doesn't mean I'd lose a fight with them, lol.

As for the former, there's a greater case there, but still not much of one. All it necessitates is that The Daughter was scared, and given that Abeloth is a being close in power to her and is lashing out violently, I wouldn't say that's too surprising - we've seen Sidious be scared of Yoda, for example, in spite of his equality/superiority. Moreover, an IU character reaction is not as objective as an OOU quote - the statement should take precedence here.
I can agree with that. The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt 1289255181

Do you think Abeloth could defeat The Son and The Daughter individually?
Sponsored content

The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt Empty Re: The Son versus Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum