Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 17th 2020, 11:10 am
All Canon, of course

Distance apart: 35 meters
Location: Coruscant's underworld streets

Bonus: duo takes on General Grevious ( S1 TCW )
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 17th 2020, 12:58 pm
Anakin crushes
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 17th 2020, 2:05 pm
@HellfireUnit wrote:Anakin crushes

But why?
Kanan directly scales above TGI to a marginal degree, someone who was compared outright to Ventress. Ventress as early as days post AOTC was equalizing Anakin
KingKopecz
KingKopecz

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 17th 2020, 3:23 pm
Considering Kanan struggled against 2 inquisitors with help from Ezra, the inquisitors being sub GI and GI being sub TESB Luke, Anakin probs one-shots
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 17th 2020, 3:31 pm
I haven't seen a single notable feat from GI and can't see why him being compared to Ventress should matter at all. AOTC Anakin should oneshot GI as well.
Mysteryman06
Mysteryman06

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 17th 2020, 3:47 pm
@KingKopecz wrote:Considering Kanan struggled against 2 inquisitors with help from Ezra, the inquisitors being sub GI and GI being sub TESB Luke, Anakin probs one-shots

Kanan defeated the Grand Inquisitor though
KingKopecz
KingKopecz

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 17th 2020, 3:48 pm
@Mysteryman06 wrote:
@KingKopecz wrote:Considering Kanan struggled against 2 inquisitors with help from Ezra, the inquisitors being sub GI and GI being sub TESB Luke, Anakin probs one-shots

Kanan defeated the Grand Inquisitor though
It was circumstantial
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 17th 2020, 5:34 pm
How was it circumstantial?
KingKopecz
KingKopecz

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 17th 2020, 6:03 pm
@Seturna wrote:How was it circumstantial?
He was amped after Ezra was seemingly killed.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 17th 2020, 6:35 pm
@KingKopecz wrote:
@Seturna wrote:How was it circumstantial?
He was amped after Ezra was seemingly killed.

No he wasn't. He stopped being afraid, which Filoni notes stems from him doubting his abilities and handicapping himself:

I would say someone like Mace Windu is far far far above the Inquisitor we've seen in Star Wars Rebels. But in this dark time when the light side is really suffering he is a fairly powerful guy. Especially for someone like Kanan, who kind of lacks his own conviction and belief in his own ability at this point. If you do that, you don't believe in yourself, how can you fight with someone like the Inquisitor? He gets Force thrown he really gets thrown, and that throw has as much to do with Kanan's own lack of belief in himself as it does the Inquisitor pushing him. There is not a lot countering the Inquisitor in that fight. We thought it was important to show Kanan really struggling.

As for "struggling" with the Inquisitors, he clearly outmatches the 5th Brother multiple times, defeated the 8th Brother (who was specifically tasked with hunting down Maul) and duels so evenly with the 7th that she has to cheat to gain any kind of advantage. The 7th was skilled enough to hold her own against Rebels Ahsoka for a short time, so matching her is far from a bad feat, especially when you're focusing on something else and it's a very short duel.
Mysteryman06
Mysteryman06

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 17th 2020, 6:52 pm
Saying a character was "circumstantialy amped" is a basically another way of saying "plot induced stupidity". I highly doubt Filoni crafted that duel in Rebels and thought to himself "lets make it so Kanan wings the fight". There's a thematic reason for why he won the fight, it isn't as simple as "Kanan only won because he got some kind of temporary boost that turned him into a supa dupa jedi master". It doesn't work like that.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 17th 2020, 8:08 pm
I just feel the need to point something out. Canon AotC Anakin is basically featless. The only feats Anakin has at this point are from the short Anakin & Obi-Wan comic (the most impressive of which is reprogramming the Padawan training droid, which still isn't all that impressive) and his feats from the actual movie. Anakin's movie feats aren't anything special, aside from arguably his performance against Dooku, but even then it's clear Dooku wasn't taking the fight all that seriously.

So AotC Anakin's best feat is getting his arm lobbed off by pre-prime Dooku. Kanan's best feats include contending against and ultimately defeating the Grand Inquisitor, a fighter who is roughly comparable to Asajj, defeating Mail, defeating the 8th Brother, demonstrating obvious superiority to the 5th Brother, and holding his own against the 7th Sister, who could match Ahsoka Tano for a time. And these are all two seasons before Kanan's prime, before Kanan experiences serious growth in the Force.

I'd honestly give the edge to Kanan here. Anakin may have more raw power, but that's all he has going for him right now. Kanan has a deeper connection to the Force, more experience dueling against lightsaber wielding foes, better feats against ranged combatants, better Force showings (Anakin has like no TK feats at the same time, meanwhile Kanan has his seriously impressive bridge feat).

I just don't see any compelling argument for AotC Anakin.
The Found
The Found

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 17th 2020, 8:13 pm
It's either pre or just-post AotC Kenobi and Anakin who lift and hold a giant barge for like half a minute. So he's definitely got more going for him, along with presenting a real challenge to Dooku, than Kanan, who's lucky to be Inquisitor level.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 17th 2020, 10:06 pm
Kanan
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 17th 2020, 11:22 pm
Isn't it still stated in canon that Dooku did take the fight seriously and Anakin forced him to give ground? I mean even in the film he looks tired and he didn't fight Kenobi for that long.

The bonus I could see team winning even in an all out. Anakin by himself would challenge Grievous alone.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 18th 2020, 4:52 am
@TheNuisanceBird wrote:Isn't it still stated in canon that Dooku did take the fight seriously and Anakin forced him to give ground? I mean even in the film he looks tired and he didn't fight Kenobi for that long.

The bonus I could see team winning even in an all out. Anakin by himself would challenge Grievous alone.

I really doubt Anakin would challenge Grievous at this point.

AotC Anakin is below S1 TCW Anakin. Anakin in S1 was pretty inferior to Adi Gallia. The episode where they rescue Eeth Koth shows Gallia majorly outperforming Anakin against the BX Commando Droids. In fact, at one point Gallia and Anakin had to split up during that episode. One character would go fight Grievous, the other would help Eeth Koth back to the ship. Obviously, the more skilled fighter should be the one to confront Grievous. Anakin is the one who told Adi Gallia to go after Grievous, basically outright admitting inferiority to her. Gallia stalemated Grievous for a short while in that same episode, but he was only using two blades against her. A couple seasons later, and Gallia is easily stomped by Grievous in a matter of seconds.

If AotC Anakin fought General Grievous, he wouldn't do much better than Nadhar Vebb. (Heck, Vebb's performance against magnaguards is better than early TCW Anakin's as well, for that matter).
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 18th 2020, 4:57 pm
@KingKopecz wrote:
@Seturna wrote:How was it circumstantial?
He was amped after Ezra was seemingly killed.
As BoD said.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray
Moderator
Moderator

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 21st 2020, 7:26 am
Kanan wins
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 21st 2020, 2:49 pm
Anakin.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

on December 21st 2020, 5:17 pm
@Underachiever599 wrote:
@TheNuisanceBird wrote:Isn't it still stated in canon that Dooku did take the fight seriously and Anakin forced him to give ground? I mean even in the film he looks tired and he didn't fight Kenobi for that long.

The bonus I could see team winning even in an all out. Anakin by himself would challenge Grievous alone.

I really doubt Anakin would challenge Grievous at this point.

AotC Anakin is below S1 TCW Anakin. Anakin in S1 was pretty inferior to Adi Gallia. The episode where they rescue Eeth Koth shows Gallia majorly outperforming Anakin against the BX Commando Droids. In fact, at one point Gallia and Anakin had to split up during that episode. One character would go fight Grievous, the other would help Eeth Koth back to the ship. Obviously, the more skilled fighter should be the one to confront Grievous. Anakin is the one who told Adi Gallia to go after Grievous, basically outright admitting inferiority to her. Gallia stalemated Grievous for a short while in that same episode, but he was only using two blades against her. A couple seasons later, and Gallia is easily stomped by Grievous in a matter of seconds.

If AotC Anakin fought General Grievous, he wouldn't do much better than Nadhar Vebb. (Heck, Vebb's performance against magnaguards is better than early TCW Anakin's as well, for that matter).

Statements like that are only due to Anakin not being able to meet Grievous until ROTS. Which is stupid given the Kenobi VS Grievous lines in that film.

TCW movie Anakin which I believe is still just 7 weeks after AOTC managed to challenge Dooku for a brief time who is definitely > Grievous. Granted he didn't win but it's still an impressive showing. I can't remember which book but Filoni said in response to Anakin and Grievous not being able to meet that he thought Anakin given Kenobi's training would take Grievous. I will try and find the book where it has his commentary on the season one episodes.

I said challenge because I don't think Anakin's solidly above Grievous but given his onscreen showing against Dooku in that film I could definitely see him causing Grievous trouble.
Sponsored content

Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker Empty Re: Kanan Jarrus VS AOTC Anakin Skywalker

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum