Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

Darth Malak vs The Dark Lady Lumiya Empty Darth Malak vs The Dark Lady Lumiya

April 28th 2020, 4:21 pm
Standard Malak only
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Darth Malak vs The Dark Lady Lumiya Empty Re: Darth Malak vs The Dark Lady Lumiya

April 28th 2020, 4:22 pm
arguable either of these characters are canon, though Malak has the best chance of being considered so, he wins by existing
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

Darth Malak vs The Dark Lady Lumiya Empty Re: Darth Malak vs The Dark Lady Lumiya

April 29th 2020, 7:35 am
Not sure what to think of Lumiya. On paper her feats seem great but people more knowledgeable on post-rotj than me keep insisting she's fodder

Probably Malak
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

April 29th 2020, 3:00 pm
Lumiya’s fights with LOTF Luke are, taken at face value, her most impressive feats. Yet they’re all circumstantial and take place in a series in which Luke’s power constantly fluctuates according to the situation. Remove that and what remains? 
>She can barely beat Tresina Lobi in sabers. 
>she gets TK stalemated by Nelani Dinn, a mere jedi knight, on a DS nexus. 

Malak definitely wins.
[hideedit]

Last edited by MasterCilghal on April 29th 2020, 3:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 29th 2020, 3:02 pm
Lol can Malak even defend against a lightwhip? IIRC Githany is like one of the first sith to use it ever
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 29th 2020, 3:31 pm
Without knowledge, Lumiya can win.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 29th 2020, 3:37 pm
Lumiya's power-level is more inconsistent than any other Star Wars character.

You can argue Malak one-shots her (see: vs Jacen), laughably stomps her (see: vs Lobi), beats her in a good fight (see: vs Mara), or gets stomped (see: vs Luke).
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

April 29th 2020, 3:50 pm
@Jaggarath considering what the lore establishes of Lumiya’s potential, I’d say only the Lobi and Mara fights are an accurate gauge of her power level.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

April 29th 2020, 4:24 pm
The G Canon Purist wrote:Lol can Malak even defend against a lightwhip? IIRC Githany is like one of the first sith to use it ever
I doubt Malak would take much damage by it considering he shrugged off a lightsaber hitting his chest. 

He also could just use his force abilities to overwhelm her if she's so bad
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 29th 2020, 4:47 pm
MasterCilghal wrote:@Jaggarath considering what the lore establishes of Lumiya’s potential, I’d say only the Lobi and Mara fights are an accurate gauge of her power level.

What of the Lore? An author quote saying she's not very forceful? Vader trained her to eventually kill sidious wouldn't say she's lacking in potential.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

May 1st 2020, 9:13 am
The G Canon Purist wrote:What of the Lore? An author quote saying she's not very forceful?

Although I was not aware of it being  an author quote, it was published in an official source so I guess it does hold some value. 

Vader trained her to eventually kill sidious wouldn't say she's lacking in potential.

Can I get a quote for this? Assuming that is true however, Lumiya has struggled with Tresina Lobi and Mara Jade, both of whom are nowhere near Luke’s or the emperor’s level. This supposed incredible potential was never achieved as a result of her cybernetics (among other things). Ultimately, what i meant when I wrote that post is that you can’t really use Lumiya’s fights with Luke to establish parity due to Luke’s nature as a combatant. It’s him, not Lumiya, who’s inconsistent.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum