Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

Cal Kestis vs. Ezra Bridger Empty Cal Kestis vs. Ezra Bridger

April 1st 2020, 10:18 pm
Who wins? The battle takes place on Kashyyyk.

Round 1: Lightsabers
Round 2: Force
Round 3: All-out
DarthAdi
DarthAdi

Cal Kestis vs. Ezra Bridger Empty Re: Cal Kestis vs. Ezra Bridger

April 2nd 2020, 3:51 am
Cal in all.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 2nd 2020, 4:11 am
DarthAdi wrote:Cal in all.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

April 2nd 2020, 4:14 am
Cal oneshots with slow
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

April 2nd 2020, 12:49 pm
Ezra might actually take 2 by virtue of considerably greater breadth of knowledge. But 1 and 3 are Cal, no question.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 2nd 2020, 12:56 pm
1: Either way.
2: Leaning Ezra.
3: Either way.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

April 2nd 2020, 6:41 pm
cal wins 1 and 3 rounds 

ezra wins the second
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

April 2nd 2020, 9:15 pm
If most of you think end-game Cal wins, at what point during the game do you think Ezra could win a majority? Ezra vs. Origin Tree!Cal? Tomb of Kujet? Before either of those?
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

April 2nd 2020, 10:22 pm
I think Ezra would take a majority against Tomb of Miktrull Cal, where Cal faced the Second Sister in their second duel. Anything much later than that, and I think Cal is a better swordsman than Ezra.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

April 3rd 2020, 1:18 am
I've been thinking about this a lot recently and honestly Ezra has a good chance. 

I think it depends on how you scale the different Inquisitor's. 

Cal does have some pretty badass takedown animations especially on that giant monkey thing from Dathomir. Plus I think Cal's weaponry gives him a big edge. I can imagine Ezra's classic "I'm fucked" smile before he starts panicking.

Last edited by TheNuisanceBird on April 5th 2020, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 3rd 2020, 5:39 pm
Actually Ezra could potentially take force. Still not sure as of now as his combative use of the force isn't well established. Post Rebels Ezra has a high chance of taking Cal though.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 4th 2020, 4:22 pm
Ezra beats Kashyyyk first mission Cal. That's it, after Cal learns double jump, he basically ragdolls.

Consider 8th brother stomping ezra and Cal being superior to the 9th sister
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 4th 2020, 5:00 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
> Korriban wrote:Ezra beats Kashyyyk first mission Cal. That's it, after Cal learns double jump, he basically ragdolls.

Consider 8th brother stomping ezra and Cal being superior to the 9th sister
1. The 8th Brother stomped Ezra when he was pretty pre-prime.
2. The same Ezra when tapping into his emotions held the advantage over the 7th Sister, who's just as, if not more skilled than the 8th.
3. The ranks mean nothing. They're assigned based upon when they become Inquisitors, nothing more. The only one that was determined by skill and power was the GI.
4. The 9th Sister has admitted in the past that combat is not her strength, and she's better at reading emotions than anything. 

Cal Kestis vs. Ezra Bridger Tumblr10

There's no way to compare the 9th Sister to the 8th Brother, as they all have their strengths. For example, the 8th's appears to be combat, whereas the 9th's is (per her own words) reading emotions.

Ezra has shown enough skill and power to at least hold his own for a time against Cal by the end of FO. He's not getting ragdolled.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

April 5th 2020, 11:58 am
SithSauce wrote:Actually Ezra could potentially take force. Still not sure as of now as his combative use of the force isn't well established. Post Rebels Ezra has a high chance of taking Cal though.

Well we haven't seen Ezra past Rebels yet so it's not like we'd know.
Decaf_Beverages
Decaf_Beverages

April 6th 2020, 10:24 pm
Cal is actually superior to Inquisitors, which Ezra just simply isn't.
DarthDuelist9
DarthDuelist9

May 8th 2020, 11:48 am
Ezra in all rounds, the logic that some people use just doesn't make any sense. BoD has done a good job highlighting most of it but I'll list my arguments.

In terms of lightsaber combat Cal's best achievement is to defeat the Second Sister by the end of the game which is impressive considering her standing within the Inquisitorius. Ezra on the other hand is more difficult to actually use pure feats as his last fight was vastly pre-prime (season 2). The scaling we can use is starting from there, by the season finale (and previous episodes) Ezra showed he could in some way compete with the Inquisitors and while not quit on their level he wasn't getting ragdolled in most occasions (neglecting the 8th brother who mostly BFR him). Now that's before undergoing a massive jump in power and skill to the start of season 3 (6 months later) where has continuously been improving (leading missions, learning from the Sith holocron, constructing a new lightsaber,...) so logically he's vastly above his season 2 version. That growth continues all the way until season 4 (roughly 2 years later from the start of season 3) where we can see that he's able to fight Rukh in a superior capacity compared to Kanan (a more powerful version of the one dat did defeat for example the 8th Brother). For me this would put them on equal footing, both should be capable of taking on Inquisitors. However, the main difference is that the Inquisitors that Ezra's faced are far more experienced than the one's Cal fought. At least 10 - 12 years of fighting and hunting down Jedi should definitely improve the combat prowess of the Inquisitors which in my opinion makes it more impressive. It's still a good fight based on pure feats but I'd favor Ezra.

In terms of Force power I believe Ezra's pure TK output is just plain better, by the finale of season 4 he was collapsing temples and lifting (and throwing around) a large amount of debris which should put him solidly above Cal (but nothing to extreme).
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

May 8th 2020, 11:53 am
DarthDuelist9 wrote:Ezra in all rounds, the logic that some people use just doesn't make any sense. BoD has done a good job highlighting most of it but I'll list my arguments.

In terms of lightsaber combat Cal's best achievement is to defeat the Second Sister by the end of the game which is impressive considering her standing within the Inquisitorius. Ezra on the other hand is more difficult to actually use pure feats as his last fight was vastly pre-prime (season 2). The scaling we can use is starting from there, by the season finale (and previous episodes) Ezra showed he could in some way compete with the Inquisitors and while not quit on their level he wasn't getting ragdolled in most occasions (neglecting the 8th brother who mostly BFR him). Now that's before undergoing a massive jump in power and skill to the start of season 3 (6 months later) where has continuously been improving (leading missions, learning from the Sith holocron, constructing a new lightsaber,...) so logically he's vastly above his season 2 version.  That growth continues all the way until season 4 (roughly 2 years later from the start of season 3) where we can see that he's able to fight Rukh in a superior capacity compared to Kanan (a more powerful version of the one dat did defeat for example the 8th Brother). For me this would put them on equal footing, both should be capable of taking on Inquisitors. However, the main difference is that the Inquisitors that Ezra's faced are far more experienced than the one's Cal fought. At least 10 - 12 years of fighting and hunting down Jedi should definitely improve the combat prowess of the Inquisitors which in my opinion makes it more impressive. It's still a good fight based on pure feats but I'd favor Ezra.

In terms of Force power I believe Ezra's pure TK output is just plain better, by the finale of season 4 he was collapsing temples and lifting (and throwing around) a large amount of debris which should put him solidly above Cal (but nothing to extreme).

I actually agree with this.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

May 8th 2020, 11:58 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@DarthDuelist9 Welcome to the forum.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum