Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

TOR Trailers are ok but TFU ones are not? Empty TOR Trailers are ok but TFU ones are not?

Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:58 am
So I've noticed this within certain battles, the TOR trailers are ok for reference of character abilities and so forth, which seem fair enough for use in debates.

But why is this not the same for TFU trailers?
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

TOR Trailers are ok but TFU ones are not? Empty Re: TOR Trailers are ok but TFU ones are not?

Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:17 am
Good man, calling people out on the Hypocrisy
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

TOR Trailers are ok but TFU ones are not? Empty Re: TOR Trailers are ok but TFU ones are not?

Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:34 am
TOR trailers are grounded and the events shown are canonical. We know they've happened. 

TFU trailers are not. Starkiller wasn't in a forest and disintegrated over 2 dozen stormtroopers, for example.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:43 am
BoD wrote:TOR trailers are grounded and the events shown are canonical. We know they've happened. 

TFU trailers are not. Starkiller wasn't in a forest and disintegrated over 2 dozen stormtroopers, for example.

But Starkiller is able to in-game disintegrate Stormtroopers. Plus how is that anymore crazy than what he's canonical done?

Also grounded? Come on now, if were gonna start talking grounded, then we better start also dismissing other crazy feats, cause there's nothing grounded about those either.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:57 am
The SWTOR trailer events are considered Legends canon. The TFU 2 trailer events contradict the game, so they're non-canon.
Geistalt
Geistalt

Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:59 am
By "what he's canonically done," I assume you mean the disintegration of the Salvation and surviving the impact thereof at terminal velocity.

In which case the trailers contribute nothing new.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:00 am
Geistalt wrote:By "what he's canonically done," I assume you mean the disintegration of the Salvation and surviving the impact thereof at terminal velocity.

In which case the trailers contribute nothing new.

Among other things, but yeah.

Also true, but it's just something I noticed.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:04 am
DarthAnt66 wrote:The SWTOR trailer events are considered Legends canon. The TFU 2 trailer events contradict the game, so they're non-canon.

TOR Trailers are ok but TFU ones are not? 1289255181
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:05 am
DarthAnt66 wrote:The SWTOR trailer events are considered Legends canon. The TFU 2 trailer events contradict the game, so they're non-canon.

I'm not really talking about the events that happen, moreso the power displayed.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:08 am
But Starkiller is able to in-game disintegrate Stormtroopers. Plus how is that anymore crazy than what he's canonical done?

@Zenwolf

HB: The Force Unleashed 1 didn’t start out as a major transmedia effort. We had to earn that. I just tried to make a game that I would want to play, with a concept that was easy to pitch and was instantly understandable by everyone at LucasArts. I rallied the team around a core fantasy that I thought resonated — Darth Vader’s Secret Apprentice hunting down the last of the Jedi. 
But, that was only half the pitch — we also needed to have something that spoke to gameplay potential. I wanted a hook that would make Star Wars feel familiar but new to gamers, which is how we ended up with the idea of over-the-top Force powers being wielded in huge physics playgrounds. As the story took shape and we began pitching the game outside of LucasArts, the whole “transmedia” effort began picking up momentum. 

The gameplay mechanics are deliberately exaggerated, so what the trailers show isn't canonical. If you're talking about the Salvation, there's stuff surrounding it.

The SWTOR trailers exist as pre-existing lore (Battle of Korriban, Battle of Alderaan, Sacking of Coruscant). They're there to flesh out the story by providing backstory. The TFU trailers directly contradict the game. SK and Vader never fought in a forest, for example.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:11 am
BoD wrote:

@Zenwolf

HB: The Force Unleashed 1 didn’t start out as a major transmedia effort. We had to earn that. I just tried to make a game that I would want to play, with a concept that was easy to pitch and was instantly understandable by everyone at LucasArts. I rallied the team around a core fantasy that I thought resonated — Darth Vader’s Secret Apprentice hunting down the last of the Jedi. 
But, that was only half the pitch — we also needed to have something that spoke to gameplay potential. I wanted a hook that would make Star Wars feel familiar but new to gamers, which is how we ended up with the idea of over-the-top Force powers being wielded in huge physics playgrounds. As the story took shape and we began pitching the game outside of LucasArts, the whole “transmedia” effort began picking up momentum. 

The gameplay mechanics are deliberately exaggerated, so what the trailers show isn't canonical. If you're talking about the Salvation, there's stuff surrounding it.

The SWTOR trailers exist as pre-existing lore (Battle of Korriban, Battle of Alderaan, Sacking of Coruscant). They're there to flesh out the story by providing backstory. The TFU trailers directly contradict the game. SK and Vader never fought in a forest, for example.

Ok so we're gonna say no to these feats because they are exaggerated, but were gonna be ok with all the other crazy feats Force Users have done throughout the mythos?

Also there's more than just the Salvation.

Plus what if there is a feat that's done in a trailer, that is lesser than another feat done elsewhere by a character which is better? Could we then use that other lesser feat?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:14 am
Ok so we're gonna say no to these feats because they are exaggerated, but were gonna be ok with all the other crazy feats Force Users have done throughout the mythos?

Are those other feats in trailers that contradict the game in terms of chain of events? 

Argue it if you want, I'm just explaining part of the reason they're not acknowledged in the same way as TFU.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:15 am
Why does the Force feats being exaggerated even matter? They still happened in lore, and there's an established IU explanation for their over the top nature.

If you're talking about the Salvation, there's stuff surrounding it.

...which we already discussed, and I debunked. TOR Trailers are ok but TFU ones are not? 3344068304
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:17 am
...which we already discussed, and I debunked. TOR Trailers are ok but TFU ones are not? 3344068304

TOR Trailers are ok but TFU ones are not? 1668617588
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:18 am
BoD wrote:

Are those other feats in trailers that contradict the game in terms of chain of events? 

Argue it if you want, I'm just explaining part of the reason they're not acknowledged in the same way as TFU.

Why do they need to be within the events? Can you use the Force Repulse in-game to disintegrate Stormtroopers? Yes you can.

The events I'm not arguing for, it's the power shown is what I am doing.

Also another thing, given Vader's durability that we already know is immense within the lore.

Is this durability feat out of realm of possibility for him from this TV spot?

BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:20 am
Could be out of his limits, could also not be. I tend not to use it because the "TFU trailers aren't canon" defence is irritating to navigate around. Like I said, you can have your views and arguments on them, I'm just suggesting one reason tend not to. I have no stakes in that debate, lol.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:22 am
BoD wrote:Could be out of his limits, could also not be. I tend not to use it because the "TFU trailers aren't canon" defence is irritating to navigate around. Like I said, you can have your views and arguments on them, I'm just suggesting one reason tend not to. I have no stakes in that debate, lol.

You scorn my very name by saying it could be out of his limits. This is the man who has walked through city sized explosions with ease, tanked being buried alive for days, and has had a fucking shield generator thrown at his face and still attempted to stand.

out of his limits. are you fucking serious?
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:24 am
BoD wrote:Could be out of his limits, could also not be. I tend not to use it because the "TFU trailers aren't canon" defence is irritating to navigate around. Like I said, you can have your views and arguments on them, I'm just suggesting one reason tend not to. I have no stakes in that debate, lol.

Alright fair enough.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:28 am
You scorn my very name by saying it could be out of his limits. This is the man who has walked through city sized explosions with ease, tanked being buried alive for days, and has had a fucking shield generator thrown at his face and still attempted to stand.

out of his limits. are you fucking serious?

Shut or I'll get a new master.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:29 am
Zenwolf wrote:

I'm not really talking about the events that happen, moreso the power displayed.

Whether the powers displayed are usable would divulge into a deep LFL continuity rules discussion, but everything SK shows there is replicated in the game anyway.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:31 am
Everything SK shows there is replicated in the game anyway.

Big facts. TOR Trailers are ok but TFU ones are not? 1289255181
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:45 pm
BoD wrote:TOR trailers are grounded and the events shown are canonical. We know they've happened. 

The SoR trailer contradicts the game all over the place.

Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:05 pm
I believe they are referring to the cinematic trailers.
Geistalt
Geistalt

Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:28 pm
It still does, which we can infer because in the game Revan dueled with his mask off.

Also, even if his mask isn't particularly lightsaber-resistant, my belief before seeing additional evidence was that he took the lightsaber to his exposed face and remained unscathed through sheer willpower.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum