Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

Aotc Dooku vs Aotc Windu Empty Aotc Dooku vs Aotc Windu

February 21st 2020, 7:49 pm
If windu instead of sneaking up on jango sneaked up on dooku who would win?

Battle takes place in the Petranaki arena
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Aotc Dooku vs Aotc Windu Empty Re: Aotc Dooku vs Aotc Windu

February 21st 2020, 8:05 pm
If he'd done that, he already said he could have killed Dooku, but would have died in the process:

In my dreams, I always do it right. In my dreams, I'm on the arena balcony. Geonosis. Orange glare slices shadow from my eyes. Below on the sand: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Senator Padme Amidala. On the rough-shaped stone within reach of my arm: Nute Gunray. Within reach of my blade: Jango Fett.

And Master Dooku.

No. Master no more. Count Dooku.

I may never get used to calling him that. Even in dreams. 
Jango Fett bristles with weapons. An instinctive killer: the deadliest man in the galaxy. Jango can kill me in less than a second. I know it. Even if I had never seen Kenobi's report from Kamino, I can feel the violence Jango radiates: in the Force, a pulsar of death. 

But I do it right. 

My blade doesn't light the underside of Fett's square jaw. I don't waste time with words. I don't hesitate. I believe. In my dreams, the purple flare of my blade sizzles the gray hairs of Dooku's beard, and in the critical semisecond it takes Jango Fett to aim and fire, I twitch that blade and take Dooku with me into death. 

And save the galaxy from civil war.

I could have done it. 

I could have done it. 

Because I knew. I could feel it. In the swirl of the Force around me, I could feel the connections Dooku had forged among Jango and the Trade Federation, the Geonosians, the whole 
Separatist movement: connections of greed and fear, of deception and bald intimidation. I did not know what they were-I did not know how Dooku had forged them, or why-but I felt their power: the power of what I now know is a web of treason he had woven to catch the galaxy. I could feel that without him to maintain its weave, to repair its flaws and double its thinning strands, the web would rot, would shrivel and decay until a mere breath would shred it and scatter its strings into the infinite stellar winds. 

Dooku was the shatterpoint.

Now, if we're talking a straight up fight, it could go either way. Mace hasn't gotten his massive power boost yet, so he's still around Dooku level in power, maybe lower. However, he's stronger, just as fast, and is just as skilled with a saber. He also has the advantage of having completely reinventing his lightsaber technique from what Dooku's probably seen in their sparring practices, having started practising Vaapad and therefore becoming a more formidable opponent.

I'll say Windu for a very slight majority.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

February 21st 2020, 10:23 pm
"Only a master as powerful as Yoda could block Count Dooku's lightning"
LOTL

February 22nd 2020, 12:30 am
BoD wrote:If he'd done that, he already said he could have killed Dooku, but would have died in the process:

In my dreams, I always do it right. In my dreams, I'm on the arena balcony. Geonosis. Orange glare slices shadow from my eyes. Below on the sand: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Senator Padme Amidala. On the rough-shaped stone within reach of my arm: Nute Gunray. Within reach of my blade: Jango Fett.

And Master Dooku.

No. Master no more. Count Dooku.

I may never get used to calling him that. Even in dreams. 
Jango Fett bristles with weapons. An instinctive killer: the deadliest man in the galaxy. Jango can kill me in less than a second. I know it. Even if I had never seen Kenobi's report from Kamino, I can feel the violence Jango radiates: in the Force, a pulsar of death. 

But I do it right. 

My blade doesn't light the underside of Fett's square jaw. I don't waste time with words. I don't hesitate. I believe. In my dreams, the purple flare of my blade sizzles the gray hairs of Dooku's beard, and in the critical semisecond it takes Jango Fett to aim and fire, I twitch that blade and take Dooku with me into death. 

And save the galaxy from civil war.

I could have done it. 

I could have done it. 

Because I knew. I could feel it. In the swirl of the Force around me, I could feel the connections Dooku had forged among Jango and the Trade Federation, the Geonosians, the whole 
Separatist movement: connections of greed and fear, of deception and bald intimidation. I did not know what they were-I did not know how Dooku had forged them, or why-but I felt their power: the power of what I now know is a web of treason he had woven to catch the galaxy. I could feel that without him to maintain its weave, to repair its flaws and double its thinning strands, the web would rot, would shrivel and decay until a mere breath would shred it and scatter its strings into the infinite stellar winds. 

Dooku was the shatterpoint.

Now, if we're talking a straight up fight, it could go either way. Mace hasn't gotten his massive power boost yet, so he's still around Dooku level in power, maybe lower. However, he's stronger, just as fast, and is just as skilled with a saber. He also has the advantage of having completely reinventing his lightsaber technique from what Dooku's probably seen in their sparring practices, having started practising Vaapad and therefore becoming a more formidable opponent.

I'll say Windu for a very slight majority.

Mace doesn't get any power boost lol

Why people keep insisting that he got some massive situational amp in the battle against Sheev( beyond the Vaapad loop) is beyond comprehending
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

February 22nd 2020, 12:44 am
Isv wrote:"Only a master as powerful as Yoda could block Count Dooku's lightning"
So Mace then
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

February 22nd 2020, 2:38 am
Dooku.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

February 22nd 2020, 2:58 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Isv wrote:"Only a master as powerful as Yoda could block Count Dooku's lightning"

Didn't know AotC Kenobi was Yoda tier
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

February 22nd 2020, 3:23 am
Mace
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 22nd 2020, 6:34 am
[size=34]Mace doesn't get any power boost lol[/size]

[size=34]Why people keep insisting that he got some massive situational amp in the battle against Sheev( beyond the Vaapad loop) is beyond comprehending[/size]

@LOTL I'm talking about his pretty substantial power growth between AOTC and ROTS.

Last edited by BoD on February 24th 2020, 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Praxis
Praxis
Moderator | Champion of the Light
Moderator | Champion of the Light

February 22nd 2020, 10:51 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@BoD I think you tagged the wrong person.

Level Seven
Level Seven

February 23rd 2020, 7:33 am
Ah crap, sorry.
O-Siri
O-Siri

February 24th 2020, 10:49 am
Mace. Ventress comparisons are useless. Dooku is the master of her style and has the mental edge in being her mentor, same as Maul and Savage's alpha and beta relationship; Maul manhandled Savage but Savage held his own against Maul's peers who don't hold a mental edge over him. Its a common trope in fiction for minions to be dominated by the number one big bad but still perform comparably against the hero's; Ventress is fodder to Dooku but doesn't perform that much worse against Anakin. 

Realistically Dooku and Mace should be pretty even early on but as it drags on Dooku should fade and Mace would take charge from there. Skill may be comparable and Dooku may be a bit craftier but the physicals will make the difference in the end.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum