Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

Exar Kun vs Darth Plagueis Empty Exar Kun vs Darth Plagueis

February 9th 2020, 11:42 am
Kun as of TotJ

Who wins?
DarthAdi
DarthAdi

Exar Kun vs Darth Plagueis Empty Re: Exar Kun vs Darth Plagueis

February 9th 2020, 11:48 am
Plagueis stomps
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

February 9th 2020, 12:00 pm
Sub-Malak opponent dies
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

February 9th 2020, 12:03 pm
Who do you think?

Suspect Hero | Level Four

February 9th 2020, 12:48 pm
Do I want to climb up this hill? Guess we'll see. Plagueis is strong, but not even more than Kun.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

February 9th 2020, 12:50 pm
Did you ask that to authors on Twitter?
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

February 9th 2020, 1:38 pm
Plagueis wins with negligible effort lol
Corvinus
Corvinus

February 9th 2020, 3:38 pm
Plagueis. Why is this even a fight?
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

February 9th 2020, 4:39 pm
Plagy one shots
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

February 9th 2020, 4:50 pm
This is Kun right before the WoL but after the ritual. He roflstomps.
AncientPower
AncientPower

February 9th 2020, 10:00 pm
Plagueis' scaling is already matched by characters inferior to Kun, his actual combative feats are absolutely not beyond Kun and his 'galactic' feats are either full of context or aren't something that Kun doesn't already have himself.

People make this out as a stomp but provide absolutely fuck-all reason for why this is so. Typical.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

February 9th 2020, 10:06 pm
@LadyKulvax: I assume you are voting Kun in the tournament then?
AncientPower
AncientPower

February 9th 2020, 10:14 pm
That argument will come in time.
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

February 9th 2020, 10:18 pm
I could see a case for a full-power JA Kun winning, but not pre-ritual TotJ.

TPM Sidious is already the most powerful Sith in galactic history, and he was scared to fight Plagueis.

Exar Kun vs Darth Plagueis SaeC5lk
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

February 9th 2020, 10:37 pm
Also, Plagueis is "the most powerful Sith Lord ever", which makes him > Exar Kun.
AncientPower
AncientPower

February 10th 2020, 12:24 am
Both of those quotes aren't applicable, lol. Why do Sheevites have to rely so heavily on supremacy quotes?
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

February 10th 2020, 12:33 am
Why aren't they applicable? I've just looked at your post for Exar Kun in the Top 15 tourney and you use supremacy quotes as well. It seems like you aren't opposed to the idea of supremacy quotes, so what is different about the Plagueis supremacy quote?
AncientPower
AncientPower

February 10th 2020, 1:39 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Plagueis' quote is a publisher's blurb. Sheev's are from the DK Readers books. Better yet, Leland Chee himself doesn't take any of the supremacy quotes as defknitive and neither does Lucasfilm Licensing. I see no reason to view them as indisputable when Chee himself doesn't.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

February 10th 2020, 5:52 am
IG wrote:This is Kun right before the WoL but after the ritual. He roflstomps.

Why?

Level Four
Level Four

February 10th 2020, 6:42 am
Because it’s > JA Kun who beat Luke.Yeah I know he was in Kyp’s body, but it was used as a medium to exercise his own power—less than ritual Kun pre WoT.
Decaf_Beverages
Decaf_Beverages

February 10th 2020, 9:54 am
Jacen wrote:Why aren't they applicable? I've just looked at your post for Exar Kun in the Top 15 tourney and you use supremacy quotes as well. It seems like you aren't opposed to the idea of supremacy quotes, so what is different about the Plagueis supremacy quote?

There is a bit of a double standard going on. Kun himself has two supremacy quotes, and from better sources than publisher's burbs and DK novels (which are S canon at absolute best), yet Sheevites seem to find the latter credible and not the former 

People only use Supremacy quotes when the suit the argument of the one using them. And the argument is often "LOOK AT MY SUPREMACY QUOTE GUYS GG" rather than any form of reasoning beyond that quote. When the highest canonical sources say that such quotes are not the end-all like they are being treated
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

February 10th 2020, 10:49 am
Decaf_Beverages wrote:
Jacen wrote:Why aren't they applicable? I've just looked at your post for Exar Kun in the Top 15 tourney and you use supremacy quotes as well. It seems like you aren't opposed to the idea of supremacy quotes, so what is different about the Plagueis supremacy quote?

There is a bit of a double standard going on. Kun himself has two supremacy quotes, and from better sources than publisher's burbs and DK novels (which are S canon at absolute best), yet Sheevites seem to find the latter credible and not the former 

People only use Supremacy quotes when the suit the argument of the one using them. And the argument is often "LOOK AT MY SUPREMACY QUOTE GUYS GG" rather than any form of reasoning beyond that quote. When the highest canonical sources say that such quotes are not the end-all like they are being treated

Prove that Kun's supremacy quotes come from better sources and that DK books are S-canon. Also, publishing dates matter with supremacy quotes (later sources retcon previous ones if the information is conflicting), so favoring Plagueis's accolades isn't in itself a double standard (not to mention that it's heavily arguably Kun's quotes only extend up to his time).

February 10th 2020, 1:25 pm
Azronger wrote:
Decaf_Beverages wrote:

Prove that Kun's supremacy quotes come from better sources and that DK books are S-canon. Also, publishing dates matter with supremacy quotes (later sources retcon previous ones if the information is conflicting), so favoring Plagueis's accolades isn't in itself a double standard (not to mention that it's heavily arguably Kun's quotes only extend up to his time).

Plagueis's "greatest Sith" quote comes from a publisher's blurb. I shouldn't have to explain what that is S canon at absolute best and non-canon at worst.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 10th 2020, 1:47 pm
@Azronger Your banner/signature distresses me.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

February 10th 2020, 4:15 pm
Decaf_Beverages wrote:
Azronger wrote:
Decaf_Beverages wrote:

Plagueis's "greatest Sith" quote comes from a publisher's blurb. I shouldn't have to explain what that is S canon at absolute best and non-canon at worst.

Yeah I don't care about that. I asked about the DK books, not the blurb.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum