Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Sith Revan vs Qui-Gon Jinn Empty Sith Revan vs Qui-Gon Jinn

January 26th 2020, 11:16 am
Morals on.

Sabers
Force
All-out
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

Sith Revan vs Qui-Gon Jinn Empty Re: Sith Revan vs Qui-Gon Jinn

January 26th 2020, 11:23 am
Jinn
Revan
Jinn
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 26th 2020, 11:30 am
Revan curbs all
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

January 26th 2020, 11:32 am
Saber feats for Revan?
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

January 26th 2020, 11:34 am
Guarantee IG’s gonna bring up a ‘scaling chain’ as a response
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 26th 2020, 11:35 am
@HellfireUnit He beat Yusanis, who could predict fights minutes in advance
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

January 26th 2020, 11:36 am
🇪🇭
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

January 26th 2020, 11:42 am
Yusanis didn't even use a lightsaber nor was Force Sensitive. His weapon was specifically effective against droids. So I don't see why Revan can curb Jinn who matched Darth Maul, a combatant whose not just saber skills but martial art talents far surpassing some Echani like Yusanis.
MP

January 26th 2020, 11:43 am
Hellfire greydolling.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 26th 2020, 11:45 am
@HellfireUnit: We’ve seen numerous times in the lore that raw talent with a saber doesn’t decide battles when given far superior raw power. Revan’s a master tactician, and his raw power is far greater than Jinn’s. Senya vs Vaylin is an example of why Revan wins even in pure sabers, as a shot tier combatant (Vaylin) holds her own against Senya (an excellent combatant comparatively) based on raw power.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

January 26th 2020, 11:55 am
IG (Exists) wrote:@HellfireUnit: We’ve seen numerous times in the lore that raw talent with a saber doesn’t decide battles when given far superior raw power. Revan’s a master tactician, and his raw power is far greater than Jinn’s. Senya vs Vaylin is an example of why Revan wins even in pure sabers, as a shot tier combatant (Vaylin) holds her own against Senya (an excellent combatant comparatively) based on raw power.

So by your reasoning Revan beating someone like Yusanis, should not matter since he isn't even as powerful as Sors Bandeam? Revan's brilliance as a tactician applies to militaristic management and the strategic preparations. Which carried Republic to the victory against Mandalorians. Not his combat skills. And Vaylin matching Senya is definitely the opposite of what you are suggesting. A combatant with superior saber skills beating an individual whose power far surpasses her opponent. Not to mention that Senya's hesitations and unwillingless to hurt her daughter. And if skill with sabers would not matter, how can someone like Grievous match Jedi?
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 26th 2020, 12:01 pm
jinn 6/10 times
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 26th 2020, 12:02 pm
I never said it didn’t matter. I’m saying that it’s not the only factor in a duel. Vaylin’s shown shit tier combat skills, yet she holds her own against Senya for an extended period of time. Revan’s combat precog is said to be one of the best in the lore, and once again you’ve misinterpreted all that I’ve said.
MP

January 26th 2020, 12:05 pm
IG (Exists) wrote:I never said it didn’t matter. I’m saying that it’s not the only factor in a duel. Vaylin’s shown shit tier combat skills, yet she holds her own against Senya for an extended period of time. Revan’s combat precog is said to be one of the best in the lore, and once again you’ve misinterpreted all that I’ve said.

What makes Qui-Gon's precog any less potent? His unique connection to the living force, skill and experience allows him to predict Maul's moves before even Maul knows what they'll be, and it forces Maul to completely change his usual combinations. This Maul is the most highly trained Sith in galactic history, his lightsaber skills are among the most potent in SW history.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 26th 2020, 12:10 pm
Jinn.
Revan. 
Jinn.

Revan is a fair bit more powerful but has nothing to his name that compares to matching TPM Maul in sabers.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 26th 2020, 12:14 pm
Meatpants wrote:
IG (Exists) wrote:I never said it didn’t matter. I’m saying that it’s not the only factor in a duel. Vaylin’s shown shit tier combat skills, yet she holds her own against Senya for an extended period of time. Revan’s combat precog is said to be one of the best in the lore, and once again you’ve misinterpreted all that I’ve said.

What makes Qui-Gon's precog any less potent? His unique connection to the living force, skill and experience allows him to predict Maul's moves before even Maul knows what they'll be, and it forces Maul to completely change his usual combinations. This Maul is the most highly trained Sith in galactic history, his lightsaber skills are among the most potent in SW history.
That's fair. I wasn't saying that Revan necessarily stomps in a pure sabers fight, but in a normal all out fight, Revan holds a massive advantage in raw power (Adas), has a massive advantage in versatility (sorcery, other esoteric knowledge, etc).
MP

January 26th 2020, 12:17 pm
IG (Exists) wrote:That's fair. I wasn't saying that Revan necessarily stomps in a pure sabers fight, but in a normal all out fight, Revan holds a massive advantage in raw power (Adas), has a massive advantage in versatility (sorcery, other esoteric knowledge, etc).

Sure, I was only addressing the precog. point for the time being.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

January 26th 2020, 12:26 pm

I didn't misinterpret of what you said mate. You said that talent with a lightsaber doesn't decide battles when given far superior power, which is only partly correct. Vitiate didn't require sabers to defeat the ones opposing him. Is Darth Revan as powerful as him? Can Revan overcome Jinn's defenses with a lightsaber like Sidious did to Mace? Can Revan break through Jinn's barrier like Dooku did to Kenobi's and even if you think he could, what make you think he can? Unless Darth Revan is capable of such feats, saber skills do decide the battle significantly.

Also about Vaylin being a shit combatant, she went toe to toe with Arcann, exchanging blows with neither being able to gain the edge over the other. Arcann who is a Dooku level according to you IG.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 26th 2020, 12:32 pm
@HellfireUnit: Yeah, and Vaylin's shit against her family especially. I mean, you proved my point yet again HU. Vaylin casually ragdolls a contemporary of Arcann in the Outlander (KOTET Chapter 3), yet she struggles with Arcann himself.

Revan is capable of easily dominating Jinn with the force, the guy is a prolific sorcerer, and we saw how that works irrespective of power (JA Kun vs. Luke, Zannah vs. Bane). In an all out fight, Revan's massive superiority in the force lets him easily get around Jinn's saber skill advantage. Revan's superiority in raw power as well as versatility gives him the ability to make an all out fight a "curbstomp".
MP

January 26th 2020, 12:36 pm
Do you have some substantiation for Revan's power level?
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 26th 2020, 12:43 pm
Scaling him from Adas, his manipulation of the Malachor nexus (during MW), his scaling from K2 are examples
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 26th 2020, 12:46 pm
Yeah, and Vaylin's shit against her family especially. I mean, you proved my point yet again HU. Vaylin casually ragdolls a contemporary of Arcann in the Outlander (KOTET Chapter 3), yet she struggles with Arcann himself.

She didn't ragdoll him, lol. She knocked him down with a Force push. That's not a ragdoll. A ragdoll is this:

Sith Revan vs Qui-Gon Jinn Source

Vaylin did this: 

https://youtu.be/GVr4EJGwRdg?t=569

Impressive, but not a ragdoll. 

As for Arcann, she struggled against him because he had gone through tremendous emotional growth (and, logically, power growth as a result) and because despite her vast improvements as a swordsman/swordswoman, he had far more experience.
Threen
Threen

January 26th 2020, 6:38 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Revan eviscerates the Maulcongruous opponent
Revan turns Qui Gon into a puddle
Revan eviscerates the puddle
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four