Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

100 - Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorion VS. Sheev Palpatine/Darth Sidious Empty Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorion VS. Sheev Palpatine/Darth Sidious

April 20th 2019, 12:56 am
100 - Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorion VS. Sheev Palpatine/Darth Sidious Valkor10

This is the default thread for all discussion relating to this fight. Any updated opinions or new insights should be posted here. No other Darth Sidious Vs Valkorion threads should be made to avoid cluttering the forum with multiple similar threads.

Some potential starting points of discussion:

1. Tenebrae at 13 years of age, just before meeting Marka Ragnos.
  2. Lord Vitiate at 113 years of age, prior to consuming Medriaas.
  3. The Sith Emperor during The Old Republic: Revan.
  4. The Sith Emperor during Act II of The Old Republic, after Revan is released but prior to being weakened.
  5. Emperor Valkorion during Chapter 1 of The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire, prior to his death.

VS.

1. Sheev during Part 1 of Darth Plagueis, at 17 years of age.
  2. Darth Sidious during Part 2 of Darth Plagueis, at 29 years of age.
  3. Darth Sidious during The Phantom Menace, prior to killing his Master.
  4. Darth Sidious during Revenge of the Sith.
  5. Emperor Palpatine during The Force Unleashed.
  6. Emperor Palpatine during Return of the Jedi.
  7. The Reborn Emperor during Dark Empire.

Last edited by Azronger on April 20th 2019, 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

100 - Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorion VS. Sheev Palpatine/Darth Sidious Empty Re: Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorion VS. Sheev Palpatine/Darth Sidious

April 20th 2019, 1:06 am
Personally, I'm unsure as to where I hold the earlier iterations of Palpatine before the timeframe of the films. While obviously a prodigy, he doesn't really have lots of great feats to mark him as a high tier just yet. It's during The Phantom Menace where he has made a huge leap. Sidious himself remarked that his power had increased "tenfold" during his apprenticeship under Plagueis, which didn't truly begin until 52 BBY. Given his general proximity to his Master at that time, gut instinct tells me he has a good shot at defeating any incarnation of Valkorion even at that point, although my thoughts on that aren't finalized. After his murder of Plagueis and the resultant apotheosis, though, he should definitely be the more powerful of the two.
darthbane77
darthbane77

100 - Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorion VS. Sheev Palpatine/Darth Sidious Empty Re: Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorion VS. Sheev Palpatine/Darth Sidious

April 20th 2019, 1:11 am
Early versions of Tenebrae all lose to any version of Sidious RotS or after, some fall to TPM as well. Later Tenebrae, Valkorion specifically, caps out around TFU Sidious imo.
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Level Two
Level Two

April 20th 2019, 1:25 am
Damn, your opinion of Valkorion appears to have regressed, DB. What made you change your perspective?
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

April 20th 2019, 1:27 am
When Valkorion "stops time", is he just doing that in the Outlander's head?

Anakin before AotC learns an ability that slows his perception of time IIRC, maybe Valkorion does something similar?

In which case, the power isn't impressive at all.

Thoughts?
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

April 20th 2019, 1:27 am
Prime Tenebrae stands a bit under RotJ Sidious. It is difficult to argue that he falls to TPM Sidious, however.
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Level Two
Level Two

April 20th 2019, 1:30 am
QuiGonDies wrote:When Valkorion "stops time", is he just doing that in the Outlander's head?

Anakin before AotC learns an ability that slows his perception of time IIRC, maybe Valkorion does something similar?

Thoughts?

It can't just be in the Outlander's head, because Vaylin "breaks through" it in KOTET Chapter 3.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

April 20th 2019, 1:36 am
QuiGonDies wrote:When Valkorion "stops time", is he just doing that in the Outlander's head?

Thoughts?

The writers have stated he's just influencing the Outlander's perception. However, Vaylin was able to break free of it, and I generally don't put much stock into author opinions anyway, so I'd argue in this case it's actually bona fide time manipulation.

MP

April 20th 2019, 1:47 am
Seems like there could be other explanations than jumping straight to Valkorion literally freezing time. Maybe Vaylin stopped Valkorion controlling their perceptions?

I'm not necessarily taking that stance, I'm not a TOR expert, just doesn't seem logical to jump to conclusions, especially since the Devs don't agree with that conclusion, and the matter is open to legitimate interpretation.
DarthSkywalker0
DarthSkywalker0

April 20th 2019, 2:02 am
That doesn't work though because it physically immobilizes Vaylin. There really is no alternative interpretation.
MP

April 20th 2019, 2:04 am
If Valkorion can control people's perception of time, aka manipulating their brains, what's to say he can't do the same for their motor functions? Make them think they can't move? Make his thoughts their reality? Unless someone's willpower is strong enough to overpower it, like unchained Vaylin?
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 20th 2019, 2:12 am
@QuiGonDies: To clarify, are you suggesting that Valkorion changes the time perception and motor functions of everyone in the room?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

April 20th 2019, 2:13 am
Yeah, because Koth stops moving too.
DarthSkywalker0
DarthSkywalker0

April 20th 2019, 2:15 am
That is the suggestion, but the idea is contradicted by a different instance. Valkorion and the Outlander are walking while time is frozen, as when time resumes the other characters are the in the same position and Outlander and Valk have moved ahead of them. This goes beyond perception and motor function manipulation.
MP

April 20th 2019, 2:15 am
Dw, it got explained to me.

Forgot about that part @DarthSkywalker0.

Like I said, I'm a TOR noob.
TrevaDaProgSnob
TrevaDaProgSnob

April 20th 2019, 2:20 am
Valkorion probably beats TFU Palps, but comes up short to ROTJ/DE Palps. Both versions Sith Emperor comes up a little bit shorter than ROTS Sids(good fight though).
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

April 20th 2019, 2:27 am
After reviewing the scene again, there is moving electricity in the background. So he doesn't outright stop time, but slows it down to a significant degree, which is congruent with his statement in Chapter 4 of Knights of the Fallen Empire: "Time has not stopped."
darthbane77
darthbane77

April 20th 2019, 2:30 am
The Divine Source wrote:Damn, your opinion of Valkorion appears to have regressed, DB. What made you change your perspective?

Mostly I've just raised RotJ and DE Sidious. Changed my stance on it a little while back, after Ant and I were talking about a convo that happened in Hangouts or Discord, can't remember which, but it ended with me raising Sidious.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

April 20th 2019, 3:07 am
@darthbane77

I'm curious: what points specifically made you raise the Emperor so far beyond his ancient counterpart?
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

April 20th 2019, 7:44 am
Valkorion's scaling off of his own Ziost system feat, is probably the best feat in Star Wars Legends bar the Ones, etc.
Ziggy
Ziggy

April 20th 2019, 7:53 am
"lady"

100 - Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorion VS. Sheev Palpatine/Darth Sidious 2829155256

100 - Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorion VS. Sheev Palpatine/Darth Sidious 2829155256

The deception is strong in this one.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 20th 2019, 8:59 am
KOTFE Valkorion~TFU Sheev.

TOR Vitiate~TPM Sheev.

The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 20th 2019, 9:04 am
Novel Vitiate~TPM Sidious.

SWTOR Vitiate~ROTS Sidious

Valkorion~ROTJ Sidious

DE>Any iteration of Valkorion.
darthbane77
darthbane77

April 20th 2019, 12:38 pm
Azronger wrote:@darthbane77

I'm curious: what points specifically made you raise the Emperor so far beyond his ancient counterpart?

@Azronger

Mostly the stuff about how Sidious possesses so much power that the only way he can even come close to expressing it is via his storms. Ant also convinced me about something along the lines of Sidious not being able to, in combat, use more than the power he wielded in RotS because it'd tear him apart, or something to that effect. All because of Sidious manipulating his own potential many times over. I just don't think Valkorion is quite THAT powerful.
AncientPower
AncientPower

April 21st 2019, 2:20 am
Funny, because a huge deal is made out of Sidious becoming a Nexus that warps space and is more energy than being. Yet Vitiate had that the moment the Ritual of Nathema ended.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum