Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

Lumiya vs Emperor Malgus Empty Lumiya vs Emperor Malgus

November 11th 2019, 1:53 pm
R1: Sabers 
R2: Force 
R3: All out
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Lumiya vs Emperor Malgus Empty Re: Lumiya vs Emperor Malgus

November 11th 2019, 1:56 pm
Malgus slaps.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 11th 2019, 2:11 pm
Malgus ragdolls.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 11th 2019, 2:28 pm
Malgus crushes her head against the ground.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

November 12th 2019, 2:16 am
The lighwhip cuts him to bits tbh
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

November 12th 2019, 2:38 am
Does Malgus have a shoto? No? Cool, he loses.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 12th 2019, 5:58 am
Greysentinel365 wrote:Does Malgus have a shoto? No? Cool, he loses.
That's like saying Lumiya beats Sidious but loses to Yoda because one uses a shoto lightsaber and the other doesn't.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

November 12th 2019, 7:44 am
I always felt like Lumiya is on an extremely high level when it comes to dueling, mainly because of the lightwhip, which cannot be countered unless you have previous knowledge or are in a confined space. In force powers, she’s quite bad, though. I would say she loses all out and force while she wins the sabers round.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

November 12th 2019, 8:08 am
WalkingInCircles wrote:
That's like saying Lumiya beats Sidious but loses to Yoda because one uses a shoto lightsaber and the other doesn't.
Not even a logical response. What grey means that, unless you have a second saber, a familiarity with her weapon, or much greater speed and/or technique, she’s likely gonna cut you up. Especially someone like Malgus, who does wide cleaves that often leave him open to counter attact, just like they did against Aryn Leneer.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 12th 2019, 10:24 am
CuckedCurry wrote:
WalkingInCircles wrote:
Not even a logical response. What grey means that, unless you have a second saber, a familiarity with her weapon, or much greater speed and/or technique, she’s likely gonna cut you up. Especially someone like Malgus, who does wide cleaves that often leave him open to counter attact, just like they did against Aryn Leneer.
You're presuming that 1) Malgus' sheer strength and ferocity wouldn't put her on the back foot from the start, and 2) that he'd even bother to use his lightsaber. Malgus has a track record for using the Force to dominate his opponents and generally only enters into saber combat when either forced or when facing a worthy opponent.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

November 12th 2019, 10:54 am
Are you arguing just for the sake of it or are you arguing because you like Malgus more as a character?

Strength is meaningless against an opponent that can hit you at a long range, and is even more meaningless against a weapon like Lumiya’s lightwhip. How can he leverage his strength if his saber isn’t clashing against something that doesn’t maintain form, that constantly changes angle and can slip through the tiniest gap in your defence? Malgus’ strength is effective is some scenarios, and is ineffective in others. Just like Lumiya’s lightwhip, but in this case, she is optimised to slip through the gaps in Malgus’ guard. If she can handle post-ROTJ Luke, she can handle Malgus
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 12th 2019, 11:04 am
Are you arguing just for the sake of it or are you arguing because you like Malgus more as a character?

Lumiya vs Emperor Malgus Giphy

Who I like and dislike is irrelevant. I believe Malgus wins, so I'm arguing Malgus wins. 

Strength is meaningless against an opponent that can hit you at a long range, and is even more meaningless against a weapon like Lumiya’s lightwhip. How can he leverage his strength if his saber isn’t clashing against something that doesn’t maintain form, that constantly changes angle and can slip through the tiniest gap in your defence? Malgus’ strength is effective is some scenarios, and is ineffective in others. Just like Lumiya’s lightwhip, but in this case, she is optimised to slip through the gaps in Malgus’ guard. If she can handle post-ROTJ Luke, she can handle Malgus

Ok? Still doesn't stop him from either battering her with TK blasts (which he has consistently done in the past) or blasting her with lightning. If it were to come to saber vs lightwhip, a whip isn't a viable defensive weapon if you're being forced backwards by someone who's not only a lot stronger than you, but who is also a lot more powerful. Lumiya's lightwhip is at its best when she's able to manoeuvre, which I doubt she'd really have the opportunity to do against an opponent like Malgus.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

November 12th 2019, 11:33 am
WalkingInCircles wrote:

Lumiya vs Emperor Malgus Giphy

Who I like and dislike is irrelevant (in other words yes I prefer Malgus). I believe Malgus wins, so I'm arguing Malgus wins. 

Ok? Still doesn't stop him from either battering her with TK blasts (which he has consistently done in the past) or blasting her with lightning. If it were to come to saber vs lightwhip, a whip isn't a viable defensive weapon if you're being forced backwards by someone who's not only a lot stronger than you, but who is also a lot more powerful. Lumiya's lightwhip is at its best when she's able to manoeuvre, which I doubt she'd really have the opportunity to do against an opponent like T

I agree that, if Malgus goes for a Force attack first, he will win. She simply can’t hang in power. However, for Malgus to instantly ragdoll her until she dies seem less likely that Lumiya killing him in sabers. Malgus is not as technically skilled as post-RotJ Luke, based on his performance against Aryn Leneer, and Luke’s performance against Vader. He’s not as fast either. In most cases Malgus’ height would be a large advantage, but in this case it heavily works against him, as Lumiya’s whip has a higher likelihood of hitting his body. The multi-strand weapon will work wonders against the wide, strength orientated cleaves that Malgus brings to the table. Look at Aryn Leneer, for example: she hadn’t used 2 blades since she was a padawan (meaning she is less skilled with two blades than Lumiya is with her lightwhip), and she managed to tag him twice. 

I simply can’t see a scenario in which Malgus’ strength would play a significant factor—his blade won’t be touching anything solid, his opponent has greater range and is also wielding a weapon that he’s completely unfamiliar with.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum