Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

Plo Koon vs AotC Obi-Wan Kenobi Empty Plo Koon vs AotC Obi-Wan Kenobi

October 21st 2019, 7:45 pm
Round 1: Dueling Only
Round 2: Force Only
Round 3: All-Out
LOTL

Plo Koon vs AotC Obi-Wan Kenobi Empty Re: Plo Koon vs AotC Obi-Wan Kenobi

October 29th 2019, 4:54 am
Kenobi obviously

Even leaving the quote out, TPM Kenobi beats him
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

October 29th 2019, 5:52 am
Does he rrrrrreeeeeaaaaallllllyyyy though?
LOTL

October 29th 2019, 6:03 am
CuckedCurry wrote:Does he rrrrrreeeeeaaaaallllllyyyy though?

I don't put much stock in the enraged part of the battle between him and Maul as anything noticeably different than his base self and more and more evidence lately seems to point to that notion, so yeah a case can be made for that. At the very least, Kenobi can take some victories if not the majority
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

October 29th 2019, 6:47 am
TPM Kenobi already beat him.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 29th 2019, 7:31 am
Plo.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

October 29th 2019, 8:26 am
I mean, putting aside Plo’s hype and showings, do you think TPM Maul would look at TPM Obi-Wan and say “damn, this guy is a legendary warrior and would seriously challenge me” 

In reality, even AotC Kenobi’s victory is suspect
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

October 29th 2019, 8:40 am
plo koon for sure. Anakin said he was the best form 5 duelist after him, after all, along with being hella smart, and having more hax powers and skill with the force. plus, dealing with asajj the way he did is a good ass feat.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

October 29th 2019, 8:42 am
Koon has already been bested by TPM Kenobi
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

October 29th 2019, 9:48 am
that has to be an outlier lol the guy is said to be one of the strongest jedi ever, while being a tactical genius. this is black panther choke holding SS all over again
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

October 29th 2019, 9:48 am
that has to be an outlier lol the guy is said to be one of the strongest jedi ever, while being a tactical genius. this is black panther choke holding SS all over again
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

October 29th 2019, 9:50 am
The statement that Plo Koon would be a true test to Maul’s skills is hardly conclusive evidence given that Maul was likely made this conclusion based on Koon’s reputation and hype, and it also occurred in a novel that takes place half a year before TPM, so it doesn’t account for Koon’s prowess in comparison to TPM Maul:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ndXjNvLavjQC&pg=PP9&dq=labyrinth+of+evil+timeline&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjtl5Dp_K3lAhXPMMAKHQFICBkQ6AEIPDAD#v=onepage&q&f=false

The 6 months time gap between DM:SH and TPM, is plenty of time for a guy Maul to improve his skills and grow in power, given that he is highly ambitious, young 21-22 year old, power hungry Sith apprentice who is obsessed with self improvement and was chosen by Darth Sidious to be a savage Jedi killer.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

October 29th 2019, 10:05 am
In all seriousness that was TPM Koon, who by common sense, was pre prime because that sparring match with Kenobi took place before the Sith revealed publicly announced and revealed themselves to the Jedi, which IIRC, made them train and practise harder and more seriously so that they would prepare themselves for the anxiety of having to fight the surviving Sith Lord, and this was also before the Jedi became accustomed to life threatening, heavily taxing battles and skirmishes like the clone wars that would refine their skill set, and also fighting highly skilled murderous assassins like Ventress who is trying to murder Jedi like Plo Koon.

Koon probably wins by the skin of his teeth.

Last edited by Latham2000 on October 29th 2019, 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

October 29th 2019, 12:58 pm
MasterCilghal wrote:Koon has already been bested by TPM Kenobi
By that logic, Mace has as well
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

October 29th 2019, 1:00 pm
Plo koon wins. No idea why people lowball him so much
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 29th 2019, 1:00 pm
TPM Maul ~ Yoda confirmed. Beating Obi-Wan who beat Plo and Mace is enough.
dark_globe
dark_globe

October 29th 2019, 2:25 pm
plo koon beats TPM kenobi in all out serious fight .
some outlier sparring victory has little to no value .

plo could probably splits evenly with AoTC kenobi and lose slight majority against early CW kenobi .
he loses 10/10 against late CW and RoTS kenobi .
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 29th 2019, 6:45 pm
AOTC Kenobi>TPM Kenobi>Koon.
LOTL

October 29th 2019, 8:13 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:I mean, putting aside Plo’s hype and showings, do you think TPM Maul would look at TPM Obi-Wan and say “damn, this guy is a legendary warrior and would seriously challenge me” 

In reality, even AotC Kenobi’s victory is suspect

That just seems like an appeal to IU intent

Is a decades old legendary Council Master going to have more hype or some padawan in Maul's eyes? Kenobi's performance against Maul shows the level of challenge he poses to Maul, not some hype train he is on. Speaking of that, Maul felt disgusted by the combined power of Jinn and Kenobi specifically saying that he expected greater challenge from them. Why can't that be the case for Koon too? IU apprentices have basically no hype by external forces because they have no significant accomplishments because they are not trusted with them. It is not about their power or technique, but experience, reputation and mastery included that the hype is built on Jedi

Obi Wan lacks the latter 3 and hence Maul doesn't consider him a threat going into the battle. His IU hype is going to be lesser than that of basically any Jedi Master let alone Council Masters 

Squeezing hype aside, even I don't think Kenobi is better than Plo considering all factors but he has chances to take victories and can compete here pretty evenly
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

October 30th 2019, 1:58 am
SithSauce wrote:
Unlike Mace, Koon actually conceded Kenobi had won in a cutscene. Gameplay isn’t canon so beating Mace doesn’t count.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

October 30th 2019, 2:55 am
MasterCilghal wrote:
SithSauce wrote:
Unlike Mace, Koon actually conceded Kenobi had won in a cutscene. Gameplay isn’t canon so beating Mace doesn’t count.
Mace getting beaten was part of a cutscene, he even complimented Kenobi after being bested. Just because he didn't concede doesn't mean he wasn't defeated by him. The whole intention of that game was to wank Kenobi, which is why we shouldn't use this as evidence for anything really.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 30th 2019, 6:05 am
MasterCilghal wrote:
SithSauce wrote:
"Well Master Qui-Gon, training quite a swordsman here. A powerful Jedi indeed." He says this during a scripted returning to his feet game mechanic at the end of the fight (same style as the Plo cutscene, in fact). Sounds like someone admitting he was challenged or even beaten to me.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

October 30th 2019, 9:10 am
WalkingInCircles wrote:Well Master Qui-Gon, training quite a swordsman here. A powerful Jedi indeed." He says this during a scripted returning to his feet game mechanic at the end of the fight (same style as the Plo cutscene, in fact). Sounds like someone admitting he was challenged or even beaten to me.

Well, I would say not necessarily. There are several cases of characters complimenting someone else’s skill while fighting them without the two actually being close in power/skill. 
The first that comes to my mind is the duel between Luke and Viun Galaan: 

Backlash wrote:He was good; Luke gave him that. He might have been a match for an expert swordsmaster such as Kyp or Kyle Katarn.

We know however, from the people that he is compared to and the overall scaling he gets, that Galaan is not even close to Luke. 
Then again, I do not treat sparring sessions in the same way as I treat actual duels, my only intention was to discuss the cutscene rather than use it as evidence, especially considering that there could have been a growth on Koon’s part. 
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 30th 2019, 9:13 am
MasterCilghal wrote:
WalkingInCircles wrote:Well Master Qui-Gon, training quite a swordsman here. A powerful Jedi indeed." He says this during a scripted returning to his feet game mechanic at the end of the fight (same style as the Plo cutscene, in fact). Sounds like someone admitting he was challenged or even beaten to me.

Well, I would say not necessarily. There are several cases of characters complimenting someone else’s skill while fighting them without the two actually being close in power/skill. 
The first that comes to my mind is the duel between Luke and Viun Galaan: 

Backlash wrote:He was good; Luke gave him that. He might have been a match for an expert swordsmaster such as Kyp or Kyle Katarn.

We know however, from the people that he is compared to and the overall scaling he gets, that Galaan is not even close to Luke. 
Then again, I do not treat sparring sessions in the same way as I treat actual duels, my only intention was to discuss the cutscene rather than use it as evidence, especially considering that there could have been a growth on Koon’s part. 
Fair enough. I was more referencing that the cutscene was basically the same, only that Mace complimented cockney Obi-Wan rather than admitting defeat (though it's implied).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum