Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

How big is the gap between AotC and RotS Dooku? Empty How big is the gap between AotC and RotS Dooku?

October 11th 2019, 12:36 pm
^
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

How big is the gap between AotC and RotS Dooku? Empty Re: How big is the gap between AotC and RotS Dooku?

October 11th 2019, 3:38 pm
It's stated that he grew "significantly" between AOTC and ROTS, so he definitely improved to a decent degree, though we don't have any comparisons to draw between them to quantify the gap (maybe you try drawing comparisons between his fight with Ventress and Savage vs his performance against Anakin and Obi-Wan in TCW S6 and on the IH to say he increased massively, but I think there's a lot of flaws with that argument).
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

How big is the gap between AotC and RotS Dooku? Empty Re: How big is the gap between AotC and RotS Dooku?

October 11th 2019, 5:27 pm
StrangerThingsFan77 wrote:It's stated that he grew "significantly" between AOTC and ROTS, so he definitely improved to a decent degree, though we don't have any comparisons to draw between them to quantify the gap (maybe you try drawing comparisons between his fight with Ventress and Savage vs his performance against Anakin and Obi-Wan in TCW S6 and on the IH to say he increased massively, but I think there's a lot of flaws with that argument).

The only source that I saw for Dooku’s growth was that Fact Files quote saying that his powers grew “noticeably”, meaning that he grew moderately, but I think that source is new canon.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 11th 2019, 6:34 pm
Yeah, nvm I misremembered the source didn't say "significantly," it said "noticeably." I wasn't aware it's canon, but if it is, fair enough. I guess we don't really have a way to assert that Dooku grew in that case.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

October 12th 2019, 6:48 am
StrangerThingsFan77 wrote:I guess we don't really have a way to assert that Dooku grew in that case.

Guessed wrong.

How big is the gap between AotC and RotS Dooku? 4909822-holocron%20gives%20power
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 12th 2019, 10:00 am
Well, we know that he grew obviously, but I was talking to a degree that actually matters. The quote doesn't say the increase was at all significant and it's completely unquantifiable. Poor phrasing on my part tbh.

Last edited by NotAA3 on March 13th 2020, 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 13th 2020, 3:13 pm
I summon @Jake to settle the matter.
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

March 14th 2020, 4:00 am
Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)
Shortly after the Battle of Geonosis, Count Dooku learned the technique to resist the Dark Reaper, the same knowledge that gave Anakin a huge - and permanent - boost;

Although the knowledge given to Anakin allowed him to destroy the Dark Reaper, Obi-Wan was uncomfortable with the power that his Padawan now wielded.

Star Wars Fact File #107

The ancient Jedi Master warned that the knowledge he would pass to Anakin would let him resist the effects of the Force-stripping Harvester and the Dark Reaper it activated, but would perhaps give him too much power.

Star Wars Fact File #107

However, Obi-Wan was growing uneasy with the power Anakin had wielded, and his Padawan seemed unwilling both to see the risks and, most worrying of all, to acknowledge Obi-Wan as his superior.

Star Wars Fact File #107

Count Dooku "waxed" during the war and studied a Sith Holocron that "enhanced" his powers, which made him "increasingly confident in his abilities" by Episode III;

Dooku had at his disposal a Sith holocron. This powerful and ancient dark side resource enhanced his own powers and helped to entice other Force users into the Separatist cause. 

Star Wars Fact File #116

"Is there such a thing as too much power?" Dooku mused. "For instance," he continued carefully, "there was a day when your power was clearly greater than mine. Today, however I have waxed as you have waned.

Star Wars: Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

As the Clone Wars reached their conclusion, Dooku became increasingly confident in his abilities.

Star Wars: Episode III Souvenir Guide

Add in the fast growing galaxy-wide darkness during the war, which Dave Filoni credits as the reason Darth Maul can increase in power so rapidly (link) and Dooku should be much stronger by Revenge of the Sith.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 14th 2020, 12:23 pm
Jake wrote:Shortly after the Battle of Geonosis, Count Dooku learned the technique to resist the Dark Reaper, the same knowledge that gave Anakin a huge - and permanent - boost;

Although the knowledge given to Anakin allowed him to destroy the Dark Reaper, Obi-Wan was uncomfortable with the power that his Padawan now wielded.

Star Wars Fact File #107

The ancient Jedi Master warned that the knowledge he would pass to Anakin would let him resist the effects of the Force-stripping Harvester and the Dark Reaper it activated, but would perhaps give him too much power.

Star Wars Fact File #107

However, Obi-Wan was growing uneasy with the power Anakin had wielded, and his Padawan seemed unwilling both to see the risks and, most worrying of all, to acknowledge Obi-Wan as his superior.

Star Wars Fact File #107

Count Dooku "waxed" during the war and studied a Sith Holocron that "enhanced" his powers, which made him "increasingly confident in his abilities" by Episode III;

Dooku had at his disposal a Sith holocron. This powerful and ancient dark side resource enhanced his own powers and helped to entice other Force users into the Separatist cause. 

Star Wars Fact File #116

"Is there such a thing as too much power?" Dooku mused. "For instance," he continued carefully, "there was a day when your power was clearly greater than mine. Today, however I have waxed as you have waned.

Star Wars: Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

As the Clone Wars reached their conclusion, Dooku became increasingly confident in his abilities.

Star Wars: Episode III Souvenir Guide

Add in the fast growing galaxy-wide darkness during the war, which Dave Filoni credits as the reason Darth Maul can increase in power so rapidly (link) and Dooku should be much stronger by Revenge of the Sith.

Dooku's growth has had to have been significant because Fact Files says he grew "noticably". merriam-webster.com says that the words remarkable, prominent, outstanding, conspicuous, salient, striking are synonymous with noticable.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum