Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

Qui-Gon Jinn versus Kar Vastor Empty Qui-Gon Jinn versus Kar Vastor

September 28th 2019, 4:58 am
- Neutral Ground
- All out battle
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

Qui-Gon Jinn versus Kar Vastor Empty Re: Qui-Gon Jinn versus Kar Vastor

September 28th 2019, 5:13 am
Kar, easily. It's hard to estimate just how much power he loses by being on neutral ground, rather than in his jungle. However, he's still in outstanding physical condition, well beyond the likes of Qui-Gon. His raw power has been compared to Yoda and Anakin by Mace, and compared to Mindor Luke, roughly a year after RotJ, by Cronal. This puts Kar Vastor pretty high up the list when it comes to raw ability. Couple that with his unusual weapons, the fact that he was able to go toe-to-toe with Mace Windu in a fair fight, with Mace even confessing that he couldn't beat Kar on Mace's best day, and I just don't see how Qui-Gon can win here.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

September 28th 2019, 5:24 am
Kar. Very easily.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 28th 2019, 3:04 pm
If Kar is truly far below Vader (which I doubt) he would lose this. I am open to being convinced otherwise, however. Does anyone know his feats outside of the nexus of Haruun Kal?

Last edited by MasterCilghal on September 28th 2019, 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

September 28th 2019, 3:08 pm
Holistically, Vastor is far above Jinn.
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

September 28th 2019, 3:40 pm
Kar Vastor because of how high Mace view him.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

September 28th 2019, 3:58 pm
Jinn could win actually but the odds are likely in Kar’s favour
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

September 28th 2019, 7:15 pm
Greysentinel365 wrote:Kar. Very easily.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 28th 2019, 7:26 pm
MasterCilghal wrote:If Kar is truly far below Vader (which I doubt) he would lose this. I am open to being convinced otherwise, however. Does anyone know his feats outside of the nexus of Haruun Kal?

Why though? Is it that hard to believe Vader isn't weak?
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

September 28th 2019, 8:06 pm
Yes. Yes it is
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 28th 2019, 8:28 pm
KoB please stop going full Kulvax on this matter, lol. Doesn't suit you.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

September 28th 2019, 8:30 pm
Ah yes because im lowballing by adhering to GL's own opinion on Vader's power.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

September 28th 2019, 8:51 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
So whatever quote that favors Vader doesn't count because of that one time when George Lucas said he was an old man in robot suit. Great to know SW debating is still going strong
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 28th 2019, 9:06 pm
SithSauce ragdolling.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

September 28th 2019, 9:12 pm
SithSauce wrote:So whatever quote that favors Vader doesn't count because of that one time when George Lucas said he was an old man in robot suit. Great to know SW debating is still going strong

😂😂😂
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

September 28th 2019, 9:14 pm
SithSauce wrote:So whatever quote that favors Vader doesn't count because of that one time when George Lucas said he was an old man in robot suit. Great to know SW debating is still going strong
I was actually referring to the quote about Vader's power relative to Ben Kenobi. Which I think accurately reflects Vader's general power level
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 29th 2019, 2:42 am
HellfireUnit wrote:
MasterCilghal wrote:If Kar is truly far below Vader (which I doubt) he would lose this. I am open to being convinced otherwise, however. Does anyone know his feats outside of the nexus of Haruun Kal?

Why though? Is it that hard to believe Vader isn't weak?
That version of Vader (which was in 19 bby), regardless of how you look at it, isn’t powerful by any means.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 30th 2019, 12:44 pm
And why isn't he powerful?

OT-Vastor.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 30th 2019, 1:02 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:And why isn't he powerful?

OT-Vastor.
This is the same Vader who lost to a group of rank-and-file jedi in purge. At this point, he was still adapting to his suit. Having said that, the quote was from Nick Rostu and is therefore questionable due to his weak connection to the force.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

September 30th 2019, 5:57 pm
19bby Vader's application of his force powers may be weak as he is just starting to get used to his suit, but that doesn't mean he isn't as powerful as Vastor
O-Siri
O-Siri

September 30th 2019, 6:39 pm
MasterCilghal wrote:
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:And why isn't he powerful?

OT-Vastor.
This is the same Vader who lost to a group of rank-and-file jedi in purge. At this point, he was still adapting to his suit. Having said that, the quote was from Nick Rostu and is therefore questionable due to his weak connection to the force.
Not sure why Kessel is an anti-feat. If anything it's one the best feats for a Banete Sith against Jedi. He was pretty comfortably dominating them while not taking it seriously - he was more interested in Kenobi's whereabouts. And all of them were hardened veterans of the CW and survivors of the Purge. They may be fodder to main characters but they aren't exactly "rank and file". Choi was a tagalong on Jedi Council missions during the TPM timeline and an even better pilot than Adi Galia. And Ma'kis has very impressive accolades and Vader killed him swiftly. 

Before his blade was shorted out by Cortosis only one of them landed a cheapshot when his back was turned and it didn't do much damage.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

October 2nd 2019, 11:27 pm
The comparisons between Vader and Vastor and other characters are all related to their perceived Force signature. It's nothing to do with how good they are in a fight or what powers they can produce (at least not directly/linearly), it's just how their presence in the Force feels. I find it quite probable that Vader, even in his diminished physical condition, is enormously powerful, given that he's still part of the man who was due to replace the Father. Even before Mortis was a thing, Anakin's midichlorian count was beyond the conventional scale for measuring midichlorians which only went to about 20,000. Someone as powerful as Yoda still existed on the measurable scale: Anakin was in a league of his in raw power. It doesn't surprise me that he dwarves Vastor in terms of how people view his Force signature.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum