Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II) vs Darth Bane (Dynasty of Evil) - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II) vs Darth Bane (Dynasty of Evil)

September 3rd 2019, 9:27 am
Deronn_Solo wrote:I think people have a skewed opinion on Kaan because the way he was portrayed: a stubborn fool who's Sith doctrines was utter tripe - pure folley  to the fresh, and frankly vastly superior philosophy Bane ushered in.

Setting cognitive bias aside - the dude could change the tide of wars with BM, and mentally command 2,000 canonically strong minded Sith Lords simultaneously--if this feat was done, by, say a Revan, or Vader-- we'd never hear the end of it. Couple that with the fact that Kaan was stated trained and honed all his skills evenly; meaning, his telepthic/mental fortitude, isn't some anomaly when compared to the rest of his powers, therefore making  his strength in telekinesis and such parallel his mental dexterity. The kicker here is, Bane was far more powerful then Kaan as little more than a neophyte dark lord, and Bane's power should have grown exponentially throughout the trilogy.

I don't see someone packing that sort of scaling trailing behind Nihilus to the extent they could be ragdolled or demolished at all.

Actually, Kaan's TP was more potent than any of his other abilities. However, that shouldn't affect Bane as willpower correlates with Force power, and Bane did resist Kaan through his will, so his power should still be greater than what is required to perform Kaan's feats.

Speaking of which, in addition to the feat you refer to, I'd also cite him mentally influencing 4000 Sith at once and escaping the thought bomb as a spirit with his sanity and identity intact. He could also have one-shot Githany with TK, and the scaling from that extends to Dark Forces Kyle Katarn. He's honestly one of the most powerful characters in the mythos, and Bane scaling above him is immense wank which sadly often gets glossed over.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II) vs Darth Bane (Dynasty of Evil) - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II) vs Darth Bane (Dynasty of Evil)

September 3rd 2019, 10:30 am
I mean if he fails to use the drain he is severely weakened, but i’m Not sure it would happen here.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 3rd 2019, 10:34 am
MasterCilghal wrote:I mean if he fails to use the drain he is severely weakened, but i’m Not sure it would happen here.

How so? That only happened when he was confronted by his "polar opposite" in the Exile.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 3rd 2019, 12:00 pm
Azronger wrote:
MasterCilghal wrote:I mean if he fails to use the drain he is severely weakened, but i’m Not sure it would happen here.

How so? That only happened when he was confronted by his "polar opposite" in the Exile.
Bane has knowledge of Drain, it is possible he might know how to counter it. But regardless Nihilus’s drain is too strong.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 3rd 2019, 2:03 pm
MasterCilghal wrote:
Azronger wrote:

Bane has knowledge of Drain, it is possible he might know how to counter it. But regardless Nihilus’s drain is too strong.

Yeah, Bane knows how to resist drain, but that doesn't mean Nihilus would be weakened. IIRC, that only happened, as I said, when he was faced with his "polar opposite" in the Exile, another wound in the Force.

Regardless, Nihilus' planetary gigadrain is "rarely used directly against the heroes" and more often, only "lesser aspects of his terrible hunger might be used directly against the heroes." He's not necessarily going to be nearly as devastating in combat as he was on Katarr, and even if he pulls his gigadrain off the bat, it's hardly an automatic one-shot; his opponents can "make attacks, or use other abilities to escape or mitigate its effects."

Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II) vs Darth Bane (Dynasty of Evil) - Page 2 Power%2Bbeyond%2Bbelief%2B2

Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II) vs Darth Bane (Dynasty of Evil) - Page 2 Power%2Bbeyond%2Bbelief%2B3
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 4th 2019, 10:21 am
@Azronger thanks for the quotes, I never considered that. Do you think Nihilus wins this fight?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 4th 2019, 3:17 pm
@MasterCilghal I don't really know. I think you can make a case either way.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

September 21st 2019, 9:47 pm
Nihilus feats are magnitudes beyond Bane, he stomps.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum