Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

Rank these feats in impressiveness  Empty Rank these feats in impressiveness

August 30th 2019, 5:09 am
Impressiveness as in how much it suggests high Force power

Starkiller blowing up the Salvation
Sidious and Plagueis unbalancing the Force
Ziost
Force Storms
Luke rooting himself in the heart of the Force vs. UnuThul
UnuThul bending turbolasers
Nihilus draining planets
Valkorion creating monoliths
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Rank these feats in impressiveness  Empty Re: Rank these feats in impressiveness

August 30th 2019, 11:24 am
Numbering them from 1 to 8...

3 > 7 > 8 >/= 2 > 5 > 6 > 4 > 1.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Rank these feats in impressiveness  Empty Re: Rank these feats in impressiveness

August 30th 2019, 11:48 am
Luke rooting himself in the heart of the Force vs. UnuThul>Force Storms>Nihilus draining planets>Ziost>Starkiller blowing up the Salvation>UnuThul bending turbolasers.

Valkorion creating monoliths - Very different to most of the others so idk where to rank it.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

August 30th 2019, 11:53 am
Luke rooting himself in the heart of the Force vs. UnuThul>Force Storms>Ziost>Nihilus draining planets> UnuThul bending turbolasers.

These are the ones I know about, I have no idea about the others
TenebrousWay
TenebrousWay

August 30th 2019, 11:53 am
4>3>7>6>=1

I left stuff involving purely the 'force' stuff because it's subjective and can't be measured.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 30th 2019, 12:35 pm
Luke vs UnuThul > Force Storms > Planetery Drain > Ziost > UnuThul bending Turbo Lasers > Salvation > Monoliths
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

August 30th 2019, 12:44 pm
Aside from cases where there is direct scaling between the feats (Force storm > unbalancing), all of these feats are so disparate in nature that I personally find almost any ranking completely arbitrary and based only on people's preexisting cognitive biases on who they favor between TOR and PT as opposed to any logical reasoning.

But I'm willing to - and would sincerely like to - be proven wrong.

@BreakofDawn @NotAA3 @MasterCilghal @TenebrousWay @HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 30th 2019, 12:58 pm
Azronger wrote:Aside from cases where there is direct scaling between the feats (Force storm > unbalancing), all of these feats are so disparate in nature that I personally find almost any ranking completely arbitrary and based only on people's preexisting cognitive biases on who they favor between TOR and PT as opposed to any logical reasoning.

I just think Luke pinning himself through the heart of Force and being completely an immovable thing is above Force Storms. IIRC not even black holes could move Luke in that state. In the end Force Storms were stopped, but it appears Luke became completely invincible at this moment which I would put above Sidious' storms. I may be wrong about this but it's just my two cents.
TenebrousWay
TenebrousWay

August 30th 2019, 1:16 pm
Azronger wrote:Aside from cases where there is direct scaling between the feats (Force storm > unbalancing), all of these feats are so disparate in nature that I personally find almost any ranking completely arbitrary and based only on people's preexisting cognitive biases on who they favor between TOR and PT as opposed to any logical reasoning.

I don't disagree with you. That's why I only ranked what could be, somewhat, measured. Even then, it still does have a degree subjectivity considering SW doesn't follow real life physics completely.
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

August 30th 2019, 4:10 pm
Luke rooting himself in the heart of the Force vs. UnuThul / Sidious and Plagueis unbalancing the Force / Force Storms
Ziost / UnuThul bending turbolasers
Nihilus draining planets / Valkorion creating monoliths / Starkiller blowing up the Salvation

Nihilus's feat would be much higher if it weren't possibly a savant ability.

Rank these feats in impressiveness  SaeC5lk
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

August 31st 2019, 4:35 am
HellfireUnit wrote:

I just think Luke pinning himself through the heart of Force and being completely an immovable thing is above Force Storms. IIRC not even black holes could move Luke in that state. In the end Force Storms were stopped, but it appears Luke became completely invincible at this moment which I would put above Sidious' storms. I may be wrong about this but it's just my two cents.

But why?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

August 31st 2019, 4:37 am
TenebrousWay wrote:

I don't disagree with you. That's why I only ranked what could be, somewhat, measured. Even then, it still does have a degree subjectivity considering SW doesn't follow real life physics completely.

How can you measure Ziost or Katarr cross-era-wise?
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

August 31st 2019, 6:10 am
Azronger wrote:But why?

Not 100% sure that it's > Force storms, but possible reasons:

1. It seems to be an exercise of raw Force power rather than a very specific, esoteric technique from which the destructive energy comes from hyperspace.
  2. It depicts utter immovability, as opposed to presumably finite destructive power. It could be argued that a Force storm would not have dislodged Luke in that state.
  3. It is done against UnuThul, who 1) has bent turbolasers, which is arguably the best TK feat in the mythos, and 2) has the combined Force potential of the entire Killik colony, meaning trillions of beings, or far, far, far more Force potential than Sidious (and what he could've drained from Byss).
  4. There's some scaling that might work for you without being super convincing for me. One is that Mara Jade seems to think that UnuThul could defeat Luke yet knows Luke defeated Palpatine, which would scale UnuThul above Sidious (and Mara is a pretty knowledgable source on this). 
DoA
DoA

August 31st 2019, 8:37 am
This.

Although the Emperor's Storms are at the top in terms of destructive capability.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum