Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Emperor's champions: Imperial Sovereign protector vs Emperor's Shadow guard Empty Emperor's champions: Imperial Sovereign protector vs Emperor's Shadow guard

August 4th 2019, 2:18 pm
Hello guys before i start i want to say that this is my first post on this forum.

Okay the fight takes place on The Squall
To start with Sovereign protector's stats i think we need to first take a look at a standard Royal Guard stats as Sovereign protectors are above these stats.

Royal Guard: Handpicked from the finest Stormtroopers of the Corp to serve as the Emperor's personal guards, each of these soldiers is specially scrutinized to fit select size, strength, Intelligence and loyalty requirements, and equipment and training is lavished upon them. Training to be a guard took one year of grueling, painful training. As trainees they fought each other to the death and perfected the unarmed martial art known as Echani.
(Sources: Handbook: Crimson Empire, TFU campaign guide, Galaxy at War, Imperial sourcebook)

Sovereign protectors: Were selected from the main body of the Crimson robed Royal Guard. The Royal Guards selected to become Sovereign protectors were the most elite.No other group of soldiers in the galaxy, Empire or Republic, is as highly trained and motivated as a protector.
Each of them is clothed in lightweight, yet elaborate ceremonial armor.
They are armed with exotic weapons. Their weapon of choice is a double bladed vibroblade, though they were known to use force pikes. They were also equipped with a heavy blaster pistol.
They are experts in armed and unarmed combat.
The training arid testing procedure that each protector undergoes is elaborate and time consuming, it takes years to qualify. Part of the selection process is based on traditional combat fitness, tests of stamina, strength, dexterity, and the ability to endure pain.
Tutored in the Dark Side of the force by Senior Dark Side adepts, they are taught elementary skills.
Their known force abilities are: Force injure/kill, combat sense, danger sense, life detection, life sense, sense force, they have the ability to remain conscious and resist stun.
Without the use of the force they were able to wield a heavy double bladed vibroblade with the grace associated with a powerful melee combatant. And they were able to move quickly into melee.
(Sources: Dark Empire sourcebook, TFU campaign guide, Dark Empire, Swords of The Empire)

For this matchup the Sovereign protector will be equipped with a SoroSuub controller FP, the standard force pike wielded by Royal Guards because their double bladed vibroblade isn't lightsaber resistant due to the lack of a cortosis weave. This force pike was two meters long and was made out of graphite which bent under the pressure rather than breaking, it has two settings; stun and lethal. The weapon weighed less than 7 kilograms. I chose it as Force Pikes were shown to be lightsaber resistant (the Falon Grey vs X1 on Dantooine seen in Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron proves my point) a force pike on stun mode was capable of knocking an adult wookiee unconscious and the lethal mode was able to rip through steel bulkheads and easily dismember most organics. The power tip of the Force pike could emit thousands of microscopic vibrations per second and this rapid motion allowed the pike to slice through stone and metal. One grazing attack with the pike and the target could get seriously wounded or dismembered. the protector will also be equipped with a heavy blaster pistol.
(Source: Star Wars the complete Encyclopedia)

Shadow Guard: Few Imperials know the true origins of these silent and enigmatic warriors. Some think they are in fact Jedi that have been captured and tortured by Palpatine himself. Others think they are force sensitive members of the Crimson robed Royal Guard that have been trained in some Sith arts. In reality, Shadow Guards were formed from force sensitive Sun Guards that were speared by Ventress.
For those who don't know, Sun Guards were fierce warriors from the Echani subspecies, Thyrsians, that could go toe to toe with mandalorians and win. Sun Guards prefered bladed weapons over unarmed combat However Thyrsians retained a traditional element of the Echani martial arts: the uncanny ability to read the body language of others and predict their next move.
Shadow Guards had limited knowledge of the force. Their known abilities were: Force Grip, Force Lightning, Telekinesis, Force Repulse, dark rage. They were also known to enhance their combat prowess with the use of the force.
They were known to utilize a lightsaber pike and a heavy blaster pistol.

(Sources: TFU databank, Galaxy at war, Jaws of the Sarlacc, TFU campaign guide)

Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

Emperor's champions: Imperial Sovereign protector vs Emperor's Shadow guard Empty Re: Emperor's champions: Imperial Sovereign protector vs Emperor's Shadow guard

August 4th 2019, 2:51 pm
Sovereign Protectors are factually above Shadow Guards.

When it comes to the Galactic Emperor's Royal Guard, the Sovereign Protectors are at the VERY TOP. They are "the elite of the elite Royal Guards":
Emperor's champions: Imperial Sovereign protector vs Emperor's Shadow guard Img_3910

And Shadow Guards themselves, are among the ranks of the Emperor's Imperial Guard:
Emperor's champions: Imperial Sovereign protector vs Emperor's Shadow guard Img_3911

So yea, both the Shadow Guards and Sovereign Protectors are apart of the Emperor's Imperial Guard, and the Sovereign Protectors are THE BEST of the Imperial Guard and the ELITE OF THE ELiTE of the Imperial Guard. They are the superior unit.

Last edited by Blade_of_Dorin on August 4th 2019, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Emperor's champions: Imperial Sovereign protector vs Emperor's Shadow guard Empty Re: Emperor's champions: Imperial Sovereign protector vs Emperor's Shadow guard

August 4th 2019, 2:55 pm
Emperor's champions: Imperial Sovereign protector vs Emperor's Shadow guard 1289255181

August 4th 2019, 3:02 pm
I know that, i posted this because someone told me that a Shadow guard would win in a 1v1 and i thought this fight would be entertaining. And when i analyzed the two i noticed that they are very similar in power levels. Both were received limited training in the force bla bla bla.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

August 5th 2019, 5:17 am
Yeah, both groups are Force-sensitive, and the Sovereign Protectors are the tippity top of the Empire's mass-produced personnel (besides the Emperor's Hands and Dark Side Adepts during DE, who have a psychic connection with the Emperor himself and can draw strength from him), so to me it would seem like they are better than the Shadow Guards.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 5th 2019, 8:45 am
Azronger wrote:Yeah, both groups are Force-sensitive, and the Sovereign Protectors are the tippity top of the Empire's mass-produced personnel (besides the Emperor's Hands and Dark Side Adepts during DE, who have a psychic connection with the Emperor himself and can draw strength from him), so to me it would seem like they are better than the Shadow Guards.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum