Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Primarch
Primarch

Hero of Coruscant vs Cin Drallig Empty Hero of Coruscant vs Cin Drallig

January 6th 2021, 9:22 am
Cin Drallig as of the RotS game.
Tybalt
Tybalt

Hero of Coruscant vs Cin Drallig Empty Re: Hero of Coruscant vs Cin Drallig

January 6th 2021, 9:32 am
Hero of Coruscant.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

January 6th 2021, 9:40 am
DarthAnt66
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

January 6th 2021, 10:30 am
HoC.
Vaelias
Vaelias

January 6th 2021, 10:48 am
They are both more or less ROTS Yoda equals, its very tricky,  HoCs best move was a move of Anakin's, which implies he had knowledge of Anakin's fighting style, and that is how he defeated KF, Drallig on the other hand outright ragdolled KF without knowing any of his tricks, Yes HoC has more, more impressive feats, however based on Drallig's performance we have no reason to believe that he couldn't replicate HoC's feats

Going with Drallig
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 6th 2021, 10:55 am
Vaelias wrote:They are both more or less ROTS Yoda equals, its very tricky,  HoCs best move was a move of Anakin's, which implies he had knowledge of Anakin's fighting style, and that is how he defeated KF, Drallig on the other hand outright ragdolled KF without knowing any of his tricks, Yes HoC has more, more impressive feats, however based on Drallig's performance we have no reason to believe that he couldn't replicate HoC's feats

Going with Drallig

The Hero of Coruscant defeats TCW Yoda and RotS Sidious: https://www.suspectinsightforums.com/t4216-hero-of-coruscant-respect-thread
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

January 6th 2021, 10:56 am
Tybalt wrote:
Vaelias wrote:They are both more or less ROTS Yoda equals, its very tricky,  HoCs best move was a move of Anakin's, which implies he had knowledge of Anakin's fighting style, and that is how he defeated KF, Drallig on the other hand outright ragdolled KF without knowing any of his tricks, Yes HoC has more, more impressive feats, however based on Drallig's performance we have no reason to believe that he couldn't replicate HoC's feats

Going with Drallig

The Hero of Coruscant defeats TCW Yoda and RotS Sidious: https://www.suspectinsightforums.com/t4216-hero-of-coruscant-respect-thread
Hero of Coruscant vs Cin Drallig 1289255181
shame
shame

January 6th 2021, 10:59 am
HoC Hero of Coruscant vs Cin Drallig 3344068304
Vaelias
Vaelias

January 6th 2021, 11:07 am
VictreebelVictr wrote:
Tybalt wrote:

Going with Drallig

Hero of Coruscant vs Cin Drallig 1289255181

Yes I know i helped with that, both of which are inferior to KF whom Drallig ragdolled Hero of Coruscant vs Cin Drallig 1289255181
Vaelias
Vaelias

January 6th 2021, 11:08 am
Tybalt wrote:

Going with Drallig

Yes im well aware, also both of those are inferior to KF, Drallig ragdolled KF, also read what I said again Hero of Coruscant vs Cin Drallig 1289255181
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 6th 2021, 11:10 am
@Vaelias

Yes im well aware, also both of those are inferior to KF, Drallig ragdolled KF, also read what I said again Hero of Coruscant vs Cin Drallig 1289255181

Yoda didn't grow between TCW and RotS.

KF Vader, RotS Yoda and RotS Sidious are equals.

Last edited by Tybalt on January 6th 2021, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Vaelias
Vaelias

January 6th 2021, 11:21 am
Tybalt wrote:@Vaelias

Yes I know i helped with that, both of which are inferior to KF whom Drallig ragdolled Hero of Coruscant vs Cin Drallig Hero of Coruscant vs Cin Drallig 1289255181

KF Vader and RotS Sidious are equals.

Well in this game, Sidious Concedes inferiority to KF also he's implied to be superior anyways in a couple of other sources
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 6th 2021, 11:22 am
@Vaelias See my revised post. I replied to your revised post.
Vaelias
Vaelias

January 6th 2021, 11:44 am

Yoda didn't grow between TCW and RotS.

KF Vader, RotS Yoda and RotS Sidious are equals.

He did, he received a boost after learning from the force Priestesses, also Sidious' power was growing on a daily basis from TPM Yoda matches him in ROTS so yes Yoda does grow and that growth will hvae happened with the Priestesses

Also this:
Hero of Coruscant vs Cin Drallig Img-9110
Sheev is also stated by Nick and George to be "more powerful than the Jedi"
albiet Yoda is better than Sheev in dueling.
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 6th 2021, 12:19 pm
@Vaelias

He did, he received a boost after learning from the force Priestesses, also Sidious' power was growing on a daily basis from TPM Yoda matches him in ROTS so yes Yoda does grow and that growth will hvae happened with the Priestesses

Do you have a citation for Yoda's growth or is that speculation on your part?

Also this:

Sidious ultimately winning the Force battle is attributed to "the ascendant dark side" and "the strength of the dark side growing" in some sources. This would logically be a result of Order 66. Normally they would be equals based on the first source.

Palpatine called upon his dark arts, slashing away in fury, but Yoda's accomplished command of the Force blocked his every blow. Overmatched, Palpatine fled into the vast Senate Chamber. (scan)

Star Wars Episode III: Movie Storybook

The two opponents are among the most powerful Force-users in the galaxy, but the ascendant dark side has made Sidious stronger. (scan)

Star Wars in 100 Scenes

Strong, this Sith Lord is, Yoda thought as their lightsabers whirled and clashed and whirled again. It should not have been a surprise. With the strength of the dark side growing, the Sith must, logically, have grown stronger, too. But always before, his own years of study and practice and his own strength with the Force had been more than enough to prevail. This time, he wasn’t sure.

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith junior novel
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

January 6th 2021, 12:25 pm
And here comes the HoC threads... of course.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 6th 2021, 4:02 pm
hero
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

January 6th 2021, 4:22 pm
Cin

Vaelias
Vaelias

January 6th 2021, 5:11 pm

Do you have a citation for Yoda's growth or is that speculation on your part?

Also this:

Sidious ultimately winning the Force battle is attributed to "the ascendant dark side" and "the strength of the dark side growing" in some sources. This would logically be a result of Order 66. Normally they would be equals based on the first source.

Palpatine called upon his dark arts, slashing away in fury, but Yoda's accomplished command of the Force blocked his every blow. Overmatched, Palpatine fled into the vast Senate Chamber. (scan)

Star Wars Episode III: Movie Storybook

The two opponents are among the most powerful Force-users in the galaxy, but the ascendant dark side has made Sidious stronger. (scan)

Star Wars in 100 Scenes

Strong, this Sith Lord is, Yoda thought as their lightsabers whirled and clashed and whirled again. It should not have been a surprise. With the strength of the dark side growing, the Sith must, logically, have grown stronger, too. But always before, his own years of study and practice and his own strength with the Force had been more than enough to prevail. This time, he wasn’t sure.

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith junior novel

Its quite a common explanation but yes there is no proof (that I know of), but i don't see why he wouldn't experience growth here, Yoda is on a decline since he was 700, yet goes from an 8 to a 9 and also matches Sidious in ROTS who grows on a Daily basis from TPM to ROTS he's far above Exar Kun as of TPM for some perspective, Yoda definitely grew its unquestionable and it makes perfect sense it would be when he met the force priestesses.

"The shot is only three seconds long, but it communicates to the audience that Yoda has met his match," he says.
--Insider #86: Yoda’s Right Arm

Though Yoda is a tough combatant, the Emperor uses his Sith powers to release lightning bolts and hurl floating platforms at his foe. Ultimately the battle proves too much for Yoda, who barely escapes and is whisked away to safety by Senator Bail Organa.
--Ultimate Star Wars

Yoda is eventually outmatched by Sidious.
--Revenge of the Sith Story Gallery

The Jedi Master and the Sith Lord dueled in the Senate chamber, but Sidious was too strong for Yoda to defeat.
--Coruscant History Gallery

A fierce duel commenced. Yoda and Darth Sidious each used his side of the Force to try to defeat the other. But the Sith Lord's powers were too strong.
--Revenge of the Sith Canon Junior Novelization

Theres numerous Equal quotes for them but also some Sidious > Yoda Quotes, and 0 Yoda > Sidious Quotes. It makes sense to give Sidious the edge on Yoda or you would essentially be ignoring all these quotes, which is technically not canonically correct

Saying it was only the Dark side that made Sidious stronger as an attempt to downplay his power is a moot point
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 6th 2021, 6:29 pm
@Vaelias

Its quite a common explanation but yes there is no proof (that I know of), but i don't see why he wouldn't experience growth here, Yoda is on a decline since he was 700, yet goes from an 8 to a 9 and also matches Sidious in ROTS who grows on a Daily basis from TPM to ROTS he's far above Exar Kun as of TPM for some perspective, Yoda definitely grew its unquestionable and it makes perfect sense it would be when he met the force priestesses.

A "common explanation" is not what I asked for. I asked for proof, and there is none.

Theres numerous Equal quotes for them but also some Sidious > Yoda Quotes, and 0 Yoda > Sidious Quotes. It makes sense to give Sidious the edge on Yoda or you would essentially be ignoring all these quotes, which is technically not canonically correct

Saying it was only the Dark side that made Sidious stronger as an attempt to downplay his power is a moot point

There is no hierarchy within the canon levels, so this argument does not work.

Calling them a "moot point" is not an argument. They are binding sources.
Vaelias
Vaelias

January 6th 2021, 6:54 pm

A "common explanation" is not what I asked for. I asked for proof, and there is none.

There is no hierarchy within the canon levels, so this argument does not work.

Calling them a "moot point" is not an argument. They are binding sources.

Well how do you suppose Yoda went from an 8 to a 9 then ? looks pretty likely its when he went through training from the literal embodiments of the force

Yeh its a binding source, but it doesnt matter with that logic you could just say Sidious was only the most powerful Sith cos of the dark side, Duuuur
the Sidious > Yoda Quotes you are ignoring are also binding sources
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 6th 2021, 6:58 pm
@Vaelias

Well how do you suppose Yoda went from an 8 to a 9 then ? looks pretty likely its when he went through training from the literal embodiments of the force

Yoda was always a level nine on the duelling scale. There's literally no sources saying he was a level eight.

Yeh its a binding source, but it doesnt matter with that logic you could just say Sidious was only the most powerful Sith cos of the dark side, Duuuur

Read my post again. The two are equals throughout RotS until Order 66 was enacted.

This falls in line with all of the sources.
Vaelias
Vaelias

January 6th 2021, 7:07 pm

Yoda was always a level nine on the duelling scale. There's literally no sources saying he was a level eight.

Read my post again. The two are equals throughout RotS until Order 66 was enacted.

This falls in line with all of the sources.

if your saying Yoda didn't grow you are basically saying Dooku > Sidious which is demonstrably false.

Ok your missing the point, I'm not disputing that, I'm saying he's still stronger, you are attempting to downplay Sidious cos he wasn't as strong before Order 66, that's like saying post boost TPM Sidious is still the same strength as pre boost TPM Sidious, he's not cos he had a boost, its the exact same thing. Sidious grew in power and was more powerful than Yoda, regardless of how it happened, he still received a boost and he was still more powerful. its not exactly a temporary amp he received a permanent boost.
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 6th 2021, 7:18 pm
@Vaelias

if your saying Yoda didn't grow you are basically saying Dooku > Sidious which is demonstrably false.

Yoda was holding back and only fought defensively in AotC.

Ok your missing the point, I'm not disputing that, I'm saying he's still stronger, you are attempting to downplay Sidious cos he wasn't as strong before Order 66, that's like saying post boost TPM Sidious is still the same strength as pre boost TPM Sidious, he's not cos he had a boost, its the exact same thing. Sidious grew in power and was more powerful than Yoda, regardless of how it happened, he still received a boost and he was still more powerful. its not exactly a temporary amp he received a permanent boost.

I'm not arguing that Yoda and Sidious are equals post-Order 66.
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

January 6th 2021, 7:42 pm
If HoC>RoTS Sheev, Drallig is effed.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum