Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AUDITOR
AUDITOR

Canon Vader VS Darth Malgus Empty Canon Vader VS Darth Malgus

December 26th 2020, 1:05 pm
Only by feats.
Primarch
Primarch

Canon Vader VS Darth Malgus Empty Re: Canon Vader VS Darth Malgus

December 26th 2020, 1:06 pm
Malgus stomps
AUDITOR
AUDITOR

December 26th 2020, 1:11 pm
Why do you think so? Actually Vader possess pretty impresive feats, like moment with AT-AT, ragdolling with force Council member Eeth Koth, his tsunami feat and JFO feat when he pulls water.
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

December 26th 2020, 1:14 pm
if we are taking into account ZERO, and i mean literally zero scaling, at face value Vader has better feats lol

Vader has killed planet level creatures
Walked casually through lava without using the force to save himself
in a blind rage restrained Darth sidious with a telekentic grip that sidious could not break
Tanked ROTJ sidious's lightning, who at the time had the power of ALL the ancient sith inside of him
tanked starfighter cannons

Im not sure what malgus's best feats are, but i imagine they at face value arent flashy, but rather the scaling he has would save him. But in a no scaling based scenario, Vader actually might hold an edge
Primarch
Primarch

December 26th 2020, 1:16 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@AUDITOR
Well Malgus has parity with The Outlander who is superior to Vaylin who in turn has much better environmental feats than Vader.
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

December 26th 2020, 1:17 pm
KingKopecz wrote:@AUDITOR
Well Malgus has parity with The Outlander who is superior to Vaylin who in turn has much better environmental feats than Vader.

Im pretty sure i recall Malgus noting him and the outlander having a fight before on illum, and it seemed pretty clear that he lost given the attitude he had on the subject. Not sure where the parity would be coming from (iv never played any of the games so im open to being corrected though)

Even at that.... Isnt that scaling? 0.0
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

December 26th 2020, 1:25 pm
Pretty much all that Jedi Jesus said. Vader wins
Thanaton
Thanaton

December 26th 2020, 1:40 pm
Malgus is now above Vitiate meaning he is above causing earthquakes on all Ziost. FE Malgus gestures Nox. Nox would ragdoll Vader. 1 of Nox's ghosts can pull down ships from orbit.
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

December 26th 2020, 1:42 pm
Thanaton wrote:Malgus is now above Vitiate meaning he is above causing earthquakes on all Ziost. FE Malgus gestures Nox. Nox would ragdoll Vader. 1 of Nox's ghosts can pull down ships from orbit.

i see alot of scaling here, ngl....
what FEATS does malgus have that are better than vaders. Beating people ends up diving down the scaling rabbit hole
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

December 26th 2020, 2:21 pm
Thanaton wrote:Malgus is now above Vitiate meaning he is above causing earthquakes on all Ziost. FE Malgus gestures Nox. Nox would ragdoll Vader. 1 of Nox's ghosts can pull down ships from orbit.

No Sith Lord or Jedi Master is on that level - not even remotely close to that. Only Abeloth caused earthquakes on planetary-scale (i.e. Coruscant).

Darth Nox might be the most powerful Sith Lord in the galaxy nevertheless. It is said that few would even dare to challenge him head-on. It is unclear if he kept his Force ghosts but even if he did not - he could repeat the process anyways.

Jedi_Jesus wrote:
what FEATS does malgus have that are better than vaders. Beating people ends up diving down the scaling rabbit hole

Darth Vader is very powerful in CANON - his growth is different in CANON than in LEGENDS if I am not mistaken. But how will Disney reconcile this with Episode 6? CANON continuity is essentially fan-servicing going on and contradictions are creeping in. George Lucas kept things under check to say the least.

Darth Malgus does have excellent skills with a Lightsaber (flawless techniques). He could also affect absolutely massive structures with his telekinetics (in the order of thousands of tons). He could also produce a Force Maelstrom to overwhelm multiple opponents in one go. And I am not counting scaling chains yet. I see no reason why he cannot handle Darth Vader as in CANON. Not absolute but he should be able to win at times.
AUDITOR
AUDITOR

December 26th 2020, 2:34 pm
Even with scaling(what I don't welcome in this topic) Vader actually had earthquake feat and possibly also can pull a stardestroyer due to his other TK feats. Also, the fact that he in his most vulnarable condition, at the weakest point of his power could tank All Sith Sidious lightning proves that he is more than capable to compete with strong force users, even greater than Malgus actually ever was. Also we have a small detail like this: https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-2015/Issue-30?id=109207#8 And than this: https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Darth-Vader-2017/Issue-1?id=114113#6
Also, there is a feat when Luke pre ESB made Stardestroyer to shudder with unexpected force push. Vader is MUCH above ESB Luke, so his TK is MUCH stronger than Luke had before ESB.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

December 26th 2020, 2:41 pm
AUDITOR wrote:Even with scaling(what I don't welcome in this topic) Vader actually had earthquake feat and possibly also can pull a stardestroyer due to his other TK feats. Also, the fact that he in his most vulnarable condition, at the weakest point of his power could tank All Sith Sidious lightning proves that he is more than capable to compete with strong force users, even greater than Malgus actually ever was. Also we have a small detail like this: https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-2015/Issue-30?id=109207#8 And than this: https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Darth-Vader-2017/Issue-1?id=114113#6
Also, there is a feat when Luke pre ESB made Stardestroyer to shudder with unexpected force push. Vader is MUCH above ESB Luke, so his TK is MUCH stronger than Luke had before ESB.

That is all CANON, right?

Besides Yoda, aren't all those feats more like uncontrollable bursts of raw power such as Force Scream?
AUDITOR
AUDITOR

December 26th 2020, 2:45 pm
AUDITOR
AUDITOR

December 26th 2020, 2:47 pm
Yes. It is all canon. Also, I am new here, how to reply directly to you?

Last edited by AUDITOR on December 26th 2020, 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
AUDITOR
AUDITOR

December 26th 2020, 2:52 pm
AUDITOR
AUDITOR

December 26th 2020, 3:32 pm
S_W_LeGenD wrote:

No Sith Lord or Jedi Master is on that level - not even remotely close to that. Only Abeloth caused earthquakes on planetary-scale (i.e. Coruscant).

Darth Nox might be the most powerful Sith Lord in the galaxy nevertheless. It is said that few would even dare to challenge him head-on. It is unclear if he kept his Force ghosts but even if he did not - he could repeat the process anyways.

Jedi_Jesus wrote:

Darth Vader is very powerful in CANON - his growth is different in CANON than in LEGENDS if I am not mistaken. But how will Disney reconcile this with Episode 6? CANON continuity is essentially fan-servicing going on and contradictions are creeping in. George Lucas kept things under check to say the least.

Darth Malgus does have excellent skills with a Lightsaber (flawless techniques). He could also affect absolutely massive structures with his telekinetics (in the order of thousands of tons). He could also produce a Force Maelstrom to overwhelm multiple opponents in one go. And I am not counting scaling chains yet. I see no reason why he cannot handle Darth Vader as in CANON. Not absolute but he should be able to win at times.
Read Darth Vader 2020. They already expalined there how Luke managed to deal with him.
AUDITOR
AUDITOR

December 26th 2020, 3:37 pm
S_W_LeGenD wrote:
AUDITOR wrote:Even with scaling(what I don't welcome in this topic) Vader actually had earthquake feat and possibly also can pull a stardestroyer due to his other TK feats. Also, the fact that he in his most vulnarable condition, at the weakest point of his power could tank All Sith Sidious lightning proves that he is more than capable to compete with strong force users, even greater than Malgus actually ever was. Also we have a small detail like this: https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-2015/Issue-30?id=109207#8 And than this: https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Darth-Vader-2017/Issue-1?id=114113#6

That is all CANON, right?

Besides Yoda, aren't all those feats more like uncontrollable bursts of raw power such as Force Scream?
Yes, everything is canon and no, not all best Vader's feats are result of his pure anger. For example his JFO and Tsunami feat are only due to his skill. His AT AT feat too. Of course in moment with Sidious he was in a most enraged condition ever, but still feat is impressive and can be taken as an example of his raw power.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

December 26th 2020, 3:48 pm

Hmm. There are cases of Force-users shaking an entire setting for a brief moment. Darth Baras for instance.

This is more like Luke Skywalker have much raw power in him but his actualized abilities are not up there yet.

AUDITOR wrote:Yes. It is all canon. Also, I am new here, how to reply directly to you?

Please use the inverted comma tags.

Impressive.

But given the fact what Darth Malgus had been through, it would take a lot more than that to overwhelm him.

Jedi_Jesus wrote:
Read Darth Vader 2020. They already expalined there how Luke managed to deal with him.

OK, I will check it when I have time.

AUDITOR wrote:
Yes, everything is canon and no, not all best Vader's feats are result of his pure anger. For example his JFO and Tsunami feat are only due to his skill. His AT AT feat too. Of course in moment with Sidious he was in a most enraged condition ever, but still feat is impressive and can be taken as an example of his raw power.

I do not think an AT-AT would be a problem for Darth Malgus given the fact how his battlefield feats are perceived and implied in the Legends continuity. He is noted to have taken out entire Republic strongholds by himself long before his Onslaught incarnation. As I pointed out earlier, he could affect absolutely massive objects with his telekinetics and an AT-AT looks small in comparison.

I do see Darth Vader sending Darth Malgus packing with a burst of anger like that. However, this won't do him in.

Darth Malgus is proving to be a really hard nut to crack in the Legends continuity. He is living up to his hype in Palpatine's Book of Anger.
Primarch
Primarch

December 26th 2020, 4:17 pm
Jedi_Jesus wrote:

Im pretty sure i recall Malgus noting him and the outlander having a fight before on illum, and it seemed pretty clear that he lost given the attitude he had on the subject. Not sure where the parity would be coming from (iv never played any of the games so im open to being corrected though)

Well The Outlander is more powerful than Malgus but they're still fairly close. Malgus was able to break The Outlanders force wall and send him flying back a few feet and later on force him to flee by collapsing the platform he was on.

(5:06)
This is even more impressive when you compared to Vitiate's fight against the Hero of Tython, The Outlanders weaker counterpart, as all Vitiate could do was cause him to walk back a few steps while amped by 2 DS nexii.

(8:07)
Also I don't see what your problem with using scaling is. As long as statements aren't used I don't think it goes against the feats only rule. If statements were allowed I'd just be scaling Malgus far above Thon as proof for him beating VaderĀ  Canon Vader VS Darth Malgus 3344068304
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

December 26th 2020, 4:27 pm
^^^

For some reason Tenebrae [The Sith Emperor VOICE] wasn't able to fight very well in the Dark Temple even though he had sufficient strength to collapse a building (and more). Maybe not in raw power terms, but disruption of the ritual took a lot out of him in some way. Combat-applicable dopplegangers is a really cool feat though - very difficult application as well as per D6 sourcebooks.

As for Darth Malgus - he won't have any trouble dealing with big vehicles such as AT-AT and more. And he can certainly throw Darth Vader around with his telekinetics and more. He is living up to Palpatine's hype to be honest.
AUDITOR
AUDITOR

December 26th 2020, 4:47 pm
S_W_LeGenD wrote:

Hmm. There are cases of Force-users shaking an entire setting for a brief moment. Darth Baras for instance.

This is more like Luke Skywalker have much raw power in him but his actualized abilities are not up there yet.

AUDITOR wrote:Yes. It is all canon. Also, I am new here, how to reply directly to you?

Please use the inverted comma tags.

Impressive.

But given the fact what Darth Malgus had been through, it would take a lot more than that to overwhelm him.

Jedi_Jesus wrote:

OK, I will check it when I have time.

AUDITOR wrote:

I do not think an AT-AT would be a problem for Darth Malgus given the fact how his battlefield feats are perceived and implied in the Legends continuity. He is noted to have taken out entire Republic strongholds by himself long before his Onslaught incarnation. As I pointed out earlier, he could affect absolutely massive objects with his telekinetics and an AT-AT looks small in comparison.

I do see Darth Vader sending Darth Malgus packing with a burst of anger like that. However, this won't do him in.

Darth Malgus is proving to be a really hard nut to crack in the Legends continuity. He is living up to his hype in Palpatine's Book of Anger.

Vader also possess impressive durability feats and physical too.
"Desperately, instinctively, she drove the spiked, poisoned tip of another tentacle at his chest. Enmeshed in the Force, he caught the spike in his gauntleted fist and stopped it before it reached his armor. He grunted with pain, with exertion, the thick, muscular appendage of the giant creature straining against his Force-fueled strength. He was the stronger, and stared into her face as his lightsaber tore through her innards and his Master's lightning charred her flesh."
Moment from Lords of thr Sith when he literally stoped with his bare hand Lylek's Queen attack. His armor also allowed him to tank dozens of other lyleks' strikes and there were hundreds of them. Also his Ender feat from Dark Visions and his lava feat
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-Vader-Dark-Visions/Issue-1?id=151040#16
Had almost no damage after the moment when ender beast sattered the building with his body.
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Darth-Vader-2017/Issue-24?id=144674#8
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Darth-Vader-2017/Issue-24?id=144674#9
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Darth-Vader-2017/Issue-24?id=144674#10
Was capable to cause an earthquake, kill Momin and open a door to other dimension after this.
DARTH VADER 2020 SPOILER ALERT!!!
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-Darth-Vader/Issue-8?id=179119#6
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-Darth-Vader/Issue-8?id=179119#9
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-Darth-Vader/Issue-8?id=179119#10
Killed several large monsters without lightsaber and force augmentation
About his melee combat. Of course his Ahsoka duel. Actually the fact that Maul admitted his inferiority to Vader. A few sources which admits that Vader is better duelist than Palpatine during ANH(pretty questionable sources, I never took gide books and encyclopedias seriously as source material for such cases, but still, during Lords of the Siths he could match Sidious in his stats, not clearly equal then but he improved since then, so he is close to pre All Sith Palpatine I think).
And I still think that Vader is actually better force wielder due to feats above(and even with scaling, still better due to his own scaling and his real feats).

Last edited by AUDITOR on December 26th 2020, 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
AUDITOR
AUDITOR

December 26th 2020, 5:05 pm
KingKopecz wrote:
Jedi_Jesus wrote:

Well The Outlander is more powerful than Malgus but they're still fairly close. Malgus was able to break The Outlanders force wall and send him flying back a few feet and later on force him to flee by collapsing the platform he was on.

(5:06)
This is even more impressive when you compared to Vitiate's fight against the Hero of Tython, The Outlanders weaker counterpart, as all Vitiate could do was cause him to walk back a few steps while amped by 2 DS nexii.

(8:07)
Also I don't see what your problem with using scaling is. As long as statements aren't used I don't think it goes against the feats only rule. If statements were allowed I'd just be scaling Malgus far above Thon as proof for him beating VaderĀ  Canon Vader VS Darth Malgus 3344068304
Everything what I had seen from video with Malgus is actually the fact that he struggled with pulling down pretty large and heavy object what in my opinion is a counter feat for him. Also, I see no sence in taking RPG gameplay ability as feat. Especially while Malgus had a cutscene where he could push down with force lightning a whole banch of characters. But still, pushing ROTS Sidious a lot pre-prime>any other force display Malgus had. Also tanking AS Sidious lightning in his worse state while Yoda was disarmed with ROTS Sidious lightning proves that Malgus's lightning won't be a real problem for prime Vader. The same way with TK power. JFO and tsunami feats also with moncala ocean feat are bringing Vader to superior level of Force wielding. And won't forget his Mustafar earthquake feat. It may be dubious, but there were both circumstances proving his power and circumstances that did it the other way around.
About Vitiate. I thought everyone knew that he wasn't in his full power or am I mistaken?
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 26th 2020, 5:15 pm
Malgus oneshots
AUDITOR
AUDITOR

December 26th 2020, 5:21 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:Malgus oneshots