Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

The Ancient Sith Run The Banite Gauntlet Empty The Ancient Sith Run The Banite Gauntlet

December 16th 2020, 10:42 am
Each member is healed between battles.

Round 1: Karness Muur
Round 2: Tulak Hord
Round 3: Naga Sadow
Round 4: Freedon Nadd
Round 5: Exar Kun

1. Darth Bane w/o orbalisk
2. Darth Zannah
3. Darth Bane w/ orbalisk
4. Darth Cognus
5. Darth Vectivus
6.Darth Gravid
7. Darth Gean
8. Darth Guile
9. Darth Ramage
10. Darth Tenebrous
11. Darth Plagueis
12. DE Sidious

I know this is a bit much, but I am interested to see how ya'll rank such obscure characters.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

The Ancient Sith Run The Banite Gauntlet Empty Re: The Ancient Sith Run The Banite Gauntlet

December 16th 2020, 10:48 am
Muur and Kun stops at 12. Rest will stop at 1.
Primarch
Primarch

The Ancient Sith Run The Banite Gauntlet Empty Re: The Ancient Sith Run The Banite Gauntlet

December 16th 2020, 10:56 am
Muur, Hord, Sadow and Nadd die at 11. Kun dies at 12.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 16th 2020, 1:36 pm
Round 1: Karness Muur

Stops at 12. Per Vader, he could defeat Dark Times Sidious with Muur's assitance, and given that this iteration of Vader is relative fodder to Sidious, that means Muur would be the primary factor, making him, at the very least, comparable to Sidious as of this time period. This, of course, scales him above the rest of the Banites, so, at the absolute minimum, he defeats 1-11. However, he loses to peak Sidious by virtue of being comparable to Vong Krayt, who is far less powerful than Reborn Krayt, who is less powerful than Sidious.

Round 2: Tulak Hord

No real way to truly assess where he stops specifically; but Plagueis is beyond TPM Maul, who is stronger than Kun, who is stronger than him; so he most likely stops at 11, though he possibly stops before that.

Round 3: Naga Sadow

Stops at 10 or 11. He's probably more powerful than Tenebrous - meaning he likely clears the rounds before that - but Tenebrous's ridiculous tactical acumen and duelling ability could maybe produce a victory - I can't tell for certain, so it's possible he stops at 10. However, even if he passes 10, he more than likely gets downed at 11; as Plagueis is beyond TPM Maul, who is stronger than Kun, who is stronger than Nadd, who is far stronger than him.

Round 4: Freedon Nadd

Nadd is vastly beyond Sadow, so I don't think he stops at 10 - he realistically makes it to 11. However, he loses there, by virtue of the above scaling (i.e. Plagueis > TPM Maul > Kun > Nadd).

Round 5: Exar Kun

Going to purely comment on TOTJ Kun - I have no set opinion on JA Kun. Anyway, TOTJ Kun is above Nadd, so, again, I don't think he stops at 10 - he realistically makes it to 11. However, he loses there, by virtue of the above scaling (i.e. Plagueis > TPM Maul > Kun).

Last edited by NotAA3 on December 16th 2020, 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Nihilus
Darth Nihilus

December 16th 2020, 1:42 pm
@NotAA3 

Why is Kun capped below TPM Maul?
Primarch
Primarch

December 16th 2020, 1:46 pm
@NotAA3
If you have Hord below Kun, Kun below Maul and Maul below Plag then why does Hord pass Plag?
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 16th 2020, 1:49 pm
@Darth Nihilus

The Ancient Sith Run The Banite Gauntlet Maul_s10
-Power of the Jedi: Episode 1 Flap book

@KingKopecz

'Twas a typo, I hit the 2 key when I meant to hit the 1 key... they are right next to each other. I've edited my post accordingly, it says stops at 11.
Darth Nihilus
Darth Nihilus

December 16th 2020, 2:00 pm
NotAA3 wrote:@Darth Nihilus

Wouldn't this only scale TPM Maul above TOTJ Exar Kun only rather than Prime Kun?
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 16th 2020, 2:06 pm
@Darth Nihilus

Wouldn't this only scale TPM Maul above TOTJ Exar Kun only rather than Prime Kun?

Yes, that's why I said I'd be ignoring JA Kun, and going purely off TOTJ Kun:

Going to purely comment on TOTJ Kun - I have no set opinion on JA Kun.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

December 16th 2020, 3:16 pm
for muur and kun they stop at 11

for the rest 1
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

December 16th 2020, 11:02 pm
NotAA3 wrote:@Darth Nihilus

@KingKopecz

'Twas a typo, I hit the 2 key when I meant to hit the 1 key... they are right next to each other. I've edited my post accordingly, it says stops at 11.

I don't see how this places Maul over any form of Kun.

Can you explain what about it makes you think this way?
Shimrra
Shimrra

December 17th 2020, 1:59 am
Spirit Muur and Spirit Kun stops at 12.

The rest can't even get past Bane.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

December 17th 2020, 2:12 am
NotAA3 wrote:

This is era-specific accolade - the source itself does not cover the Expanded Universe but PT times.

If this quote is to be taken at face value than Darth Maul versus Darth Plagueis is valid debate and consideration which is overreaching. Palpatine felt the need to train an apprentice until he will find the right one for him and he had his eyes set on Anakin Skywalker since childhood. This wasn't unusual because even Darth Bane was searching for another apprentice while working with Darth Zannah but she rose to the occasion and challenge. Darth Maul is relocated to the branch-offs of the lineage.

CONTEXT is important.

TOTJ Kun >> JA Kun as per core sources. Spins to the contrary are all subjective (from a certain POV kind).
LOTL

December 17th 2020, 3:52 am
Maul vs Plagueis is a pretty hot topic nowadays.
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

December 17th 2020, 4:31 am
Still working on my Hord placement but Muur, Sadow, Nadd, and Kun all stop at 12.
LOTL

December 17th 2020, 5:04 am
None of them make it beyond 11 at all.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

December 17th 2020, 5:21 am
Are we still doing the "blurb published on website is C-canon" thing?

Because if so they hard stop at Bane.
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

December 17th 2020, 5:41 am
HeartoftheForce wrote:Are we still doing the "blurb published on website is C-canon" thing?

Because if so they hard stop at Bane.

Which blurb are you referring to?

Note that Chee debunked the theoretical power of blurbs and their impact on the EU.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

December 17th 2020, 11:18 am
1.Muur stops at Tenebrous. Considering living Muur >>> Adas > Qui-Gon Jinn > ROTJ Vader >> Vector Vader is even a possibility. I don't consider Vader's opinion to be a valid measure of comparison.

2.Tulak Hord stops at Tenebrous. He's probably an Exile so the above applies.

3.Naga Sadow splits or dies at Plagueis. Sadow pre-prime is >> Plagueis pre-prime. Sadow didn't learn the drain technique as soon as he went into suspended animation. He obviously could pull it off beforehand. Then Sadow arguably has 600 years of power growth until he meets Nadd. So he's possibly with prime Plagueis.

4.Freedon Nadd pre-Onderon is well beyond prime Sadow, far more so if you consider Fact Files. So I'd wager he makes it to DE Sheev.

5.Exar Kun in TOTJ post-drain but pre-spirit or using Kyp as a host body in JA, they both make it to the same thing. DE Sheev.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum