Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Geistalt
Geistalt

Name 1 Force-user Maul's killed in a lightsaber duel... Empty Name 1 Force-user Maul's killed in a lightsaber duel...

September 10th 2020, 12:35 am
...other than Bruu Jun-Fan and Qui-Gon.

Preferably one that isn't fodder.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

Name 1 Force-user Maul's killed in a lightsaber duel... Empty Re: Name 1 Force-user Maul's killed in a lightsaber duel...

September 10th 2020, 3:34 am
Anoon Bondara (although technically he suicided when he realized the battle was lost) and Darsha Assant
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

Name 1 Force-user Maul's killed in a lightsaber duel... Empty Re: Name 1 Force-user Maul's killed in a lightsaber duel...

September 10th 2020, 6:25 am
Eldra Kaitis
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 10th 2020, 10:43 am
It wasn't strictly a lightsaber duel but Siolo Ur Manka.
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

September 10th 2020, 10:48 am
Komari Vosa.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 10th 2020, 11:19 am
Maul didn't kill Vosa. He did beat her though.
Geistalt
Geistalt

September 10th 2020, 2:53 pm
I'm seeing nothing but fodder

The most impressive one on the list is Bondara (for the simple reason he became Weapon Master and trained Padawans), and there aren't any records of him actually beating an opponent trying to kill him.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

September 10th 2020, 6:50 pm
Is there some reason for this?
Geistalt
Geistalt

September 10th 2020, 6:51 pm
I read the "Apprentice Team vs. Darth Sidious" thread and wanted to take the opportunity to remind everyone that Maul's shit.

And find out if I was wrong about him, perchance.

Literally none of these Force-users are more impressive than Qui-Gon.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 11th 2020, 12:35 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Uh, that's some backwards logic. Maul not having a high kill count is because he literally wasn't allowed to reveal his presence until 32 BBY on Sidious and Plagueis's orders. He has the accolades and scaling to make him on of the best ever, having a low kill count doesn't mean he's shit.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

September 11th 2020, 4:04 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Well I mean he is kinda shit
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

September 12th 2020, 12:19 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:Well I mean he is kinda shit

Based on?
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

September 12th 2020, 1:41 pm
The guy ran from 30 Tusken Raiders and was very nearly overpowered by Qui-Gon, the same Qui-Gon who is slower than TPM Kenobi, who is slower than 29BBY Kenobi, who is slower than Soara Antana, who is sub AOTC Kenobi, who is sub Luminara Unduli, who is sub Cestus Deception Kenobi, who is vastly sub early-war Fisto. 

All-in-all, I have no reason to believe Maul would take forearm-less AotC Anakin Skywalker
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 12th 2020, 2:16 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:The guy ran from 30 Tusken Raiders and was very nearly overpowered by Qui-Gon, the same Qui-Gon who is slower than TPM Kenobi, who is slower than 29BBY Kenobi, who is slower than Soara Antana, who is sub AOTC Kenobi, who is sub Luminara Unduli, who is sub Cestus Deception Kenobi, who is vastly sub early-war Fisto. 

All-in-all, I have no reason to believe Maul would take forearm-less AotC Anakin Skywalker

Curry once again ignoring TCW and Maul's growth Name 1 Force-user Maul's killed in a lightsaber duel... 3344068304
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

September 12th 2020, 2:28 pm
Why would I accept trash?
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 12th 2020, 4:22 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:Why would I accept trash?

Because am I lonely and in need of love.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

September 12th 2020, 4:24 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:The guy ran from 30 Tusken Raiders and was very nearly overpowered by Qui-Gon, the same Qui-Gon who is slower than TPM Kenobi, who is slower than 29BBY Kenobi, who is slower than Soara Antana, who is sub AOTC Kenobi, who is sub Luminara Unduli, who is sub Cestus Deception Kenobi, who is vastly sub early-war Fisto. 

As I recall, he only ran from them because he was on a time crunch. I don't recall him getting near overpowered by Qui-Gon, just that they matched eachother. As far as speed, I just recall the one quote saying that Obi was, whereas others with Qui-Gon his reflexes are faster and other feats show him either faster than Obi or just on the same.

Instead of scaling for a moment, let's look at the accolades hm? Maul is consistently described as one of the Sith's topmost warriors throughout the history.

I mean if we wanna do this scaling game and ignore accolades, can we do it for others too? It's only fair, I'm sure that'll go over well with all the other characters.
Geistalt
Geistalt

September 12th 2020, 10:01 pm
Master Azronger wrote:Uh, that's some backwards logic. Maul not having a high kill count is because he literally wasn't allowed to reveal his presence until 32 BBY on Sidious and Plagueis's orders. He has the accolades and scaling to make him on of the best ever, having a low kill count doesn't mean he's shit.
It's not just that his kill count is low; it's also that most of the people he's killed are featless, with shit-for-dick in terms of track records.

The most impressive Force-user he scales ABOVE is Qui-Gon. Unless you think Savage and Ventress are somehow better.
BigMouthPrick
BigMouthPrick

September 12th 2020, 11:38 pm
I'm tempted to make a thread called "Name 1 force-user Yoda's killed in a lightsaber duel" because obviously he hasn't and sucks right?
Geistalt
Geistalt

September 12th 2020, 11:44 pm
Yoda doesn't kill unless necessary for his or innocents' survival; he's a Jedi. Also, that was a result of him spending nearly all of the PT era in the safety of the Jedi Temple, among friends. Maul doesn't have that excuse.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

September 13th 2020, 5:26 am
Zenwolf wrote:As I recall, he only ran from them because he was on a time crunch. I don't recall him getting near overpowered by Qui-Gon, just that they matched eachother. As far as speed, I just recall the one quote saying that Obi was, whereas others with Qui-Gon his reflexes are faster and other feats show him either faster than Obi or just on the same.

True, he did run from them because he was on a self-imposed time limit. And yes, he was also suffering from a hip wound. Buuutttt, this singular being is intended to be one of the most well-trained being the galaxy has ever produced, and he carries a bigass weapon tailored to mass engagements like these. Thirty tuskens with no moral reservations and a monstrous weapon, on top of all of his training, should honestly be picnic time for someone of his ‘calibre’.

There are just too many of them. I can take out four or five in the flicker of an eyelash, but that will just infuriate the rest.—The Journal of Darth Maul

Also, the final phase of the fight in Theed had Qui-Gon pounding on Maul’s defences so much that the latter couldn’t even bring his lightsaber to bear against that onslaught. He only regained the advantage once Qui-Gon’s reserves failed. Disappointing!

Instead of scaling for a moment, let's look at the accolades hm? Maul is consistently described as one of the Sith's topmost warriors throughout the history.

Joclad Danva, elite Jar Kai/Niman practitioner, died on Geonosis.

Roron Corrob, one of the best warriors of the age—oneshotted by Grievous. 

Roth Del Masona, one of the best warriors of his age—oneshotted by Grievous.

Pablo Jill, superior to the above names—oneshotted by Grievous.

Mak Lotor, one of the best of the order, beaten by a guy with electro boots on.

Qui-Gon Jinn, supreme duelist and elite connection to the living Force—struggles with 17y/o Kenobi, was losing a battle with non-force sensitive sharpshooter, and is a much weaker Force-sensitive being in comparison to some of the other Jedi of the era.

Moral of the story, some accolades are exaggerated by the fan base, scaling and actual showings take precedence imo.

I mean if we wanna do this scaling game and ignore accolades, can we do it for others too? It's only fair, I'm sure that'll go over well with all the other characters.

Bro, I’m not ignoring the accolades—I willingly accept that Maul defeats a huge portion of the order based on these accolades alone—but against some of the super heavyweights of the Jedi, such a Yaddle, B-team, Rancissis etc he’s gonna need a lot more than accolades and near-losses against inferior characters.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

September 13th 2020, 1:34 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:
Also, the final phase of the fight in Theed had Qui-Gon pounding on Maul’s defences so much that the latter couldn’t even bring his lightsaber to bear against that onslaught. He only regained the advantage once Qui-Gon’s reserves failed. Disappointing!

Mak Lotor, one of the best of the order, beaten by a guy with electro boots on.

Qui-Gon Jinn, supreme duelist and elite connection to the living Force—struggles with 17y/o Kenobi, was losing a battle with non-force sensitive sharpshooter, 

Bro, I’m not ignoring the accolades—I willingly accept that Maul defeats a huge portion of the order based on these accolades alone—but against some of the super heavyweights of the Jedi, such a Yaddle, B-team, Rancissis etc he’s gonna need a lot more than accolades and near-losses against inferior characters.

1. Wouldn't that be a feat for Qui-Gon rather than a negative for Maul?

2. You might need to refresh my memory on these instances, because I'm sure there's some context being overlooked.

3. So then why are you calling Maul shit if you can admit he defeats a large portion of the Order?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum