Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BigMouthPrick
BigMouthPrick

Why not use ion blasters/bombs/boomas against Vader/Grievous?  Empty Why not use ion blasters/bombs/boomas against Vader/Grievous?

September 2nd 2020, 12:11 pm
In The Clone Wars, Grievous was paralyzed by the Gungan's boomas.

In the Zillo beast episode where they test the ion bomb, Anakin's cybernetic arm was affected by the blast.

A blast by a Jawa's ion blaster can disable a lightsaber or Vader's suit, and the wide spread makes it difficult to block/dodge.

Vulnerability to ion weapons seem like an advantage that was never really taken advantage of.

Could a gang of jawas take down Vader?
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

Why not use ion blasters/bombs/boomas against Vader/Grievous?  Empty Re: Why not use ion blasters/bombs/boomas against Vader/Grievous?

September 2nd 2020, 1:05 pm
Because Vader's armor has taken worse than an Ion blaster, in the form of Force Lighting. An Ion blaster is far weaker than Force Lightning, which Vader has taken all over his body or even directly concentrated into his body.

That and he's also taken electronets being thrown on him while damaged. At best this would cause some discomfort, but nothing he can't handle. He's had much worse damage done to him and yet still being able to move just fine, he's had entire holes blown right through  important circuitry and continued moving on as if nothing was bothering him.

I also do recall a story, but for the life of me can't remember the name. But some mercenaries were hired to take out Vader, they tried to use an Ion/EMP bomb and it didn't even slow him down.
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

Why not use ion blasters/bombs/boomas against Vader/Grievous?  Empty Re: Why not use ion blasters/bombs/boomas against Vader/Grievous?

September 2nd 2020, 3:24 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Zenwolf wrote:Because Vader's armor has taken worse than an Ion blaster, in the form of Force Lighting. An Ion blaster is far weaker than Force Lightning, which Vader has taken all over his body or even directly concentrated into his body.

That and he's also taken electronets being thrown on him while damaged. At best this would cause some discomfort, but nothing he can't handle. He's had much worse damage done to him and yet still being able to move just fine, he's had entire holes blown right through  important circuitry and continued moving on as if nothing was bothering him.

I also do recall a story, but for the life of me can't remember the name. But some mercenaries were hired to take out Vader, they tried to use an Ion/EMP bomb and it didn't even slow him down.

From a physic point of view this is false. Simply put: lightning are made of electrons while ion have a lack of charges so they don't have the same impact.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

September 2nd 2020, 6:19 pm
xolthol wrote:
Zenwolf wrote:Because Vader's armor has taken worse than an Ion blaster, in the form of Force Lighting. An Ion blaster is far weaker than Force Lightning, which Vader has taken all over his body or even directly concentrated into his body.

From a physic point of view this is false. Simply put: lightning are made of electrons while ion have a lack of charges so they don't have the same impact.

Yes that's true, but it's not like SW authors really know physics or even follow it. Still there's a point, but honestly he should be able to survive Ion blasts.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum