Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Galan007
Galan007

Mace Windu confirmed as the Jedi Order's greatest swordsman Empty Mace Windu confirmed as the Jedi Order's greatest swordsman

July 30th 2020, 10:16 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Figured this was worth posting here...

In the canon guidebook The Lightsaber Collector(slated for release later this year), Mace's leaked bio states that he was the "greatest swordsman" in the Jedi Order:
https://i.imgur.com/zdmRua2.jpg

And for a point of reference, this accolade was not contradicted by Yoda's leaked bio from the same source:
https://i.imgur.com/JBq308s.jpg

...Which helps explain why canon Mace was seemingly able to best Palpatine in sabers, while even Yoda could not.
Thrawn
Thrawn

Mace Windu confirmed as the Jedi Order's greatest swordsman Empty Re: Mace Windu confirmed as the Jedi Order's greatest swordsman

July 30th 2020, 11:04 pm
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
It's  kind of neat, but tells us nothing we didn't already know.

We know canonically from Lucas and Gillard Yoda is regarded as better and there is a list of sources to back that up. We know Dooku has defeated Mace in duels when he was in the Jedi Order.

We also know Anakin was the greatest warrior the Jedi order had and would have defeated Mace in combat.

It's always been Yoda/Sidious > Mace/Anakin/Dooku/Maul > Obi Wan/Grievous/Qui Gonn

I don't see one statement from one book changing anything. Particularly when Lucasfilm has been a mess of continuity issues since KK took over in 2015.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

Mace Windu confirmed as the Jedi Order's greatest swordsman Empty Re: Mace Windu confirmed as the Jedi Order's greatest swordsman

August 2nd 2020, 7:09 pm
Thrawn wrote:We know canonically from Lucas and Gillard Yoda is regarded as better and there is a list of sources to back that up. We know Dooku has defeated Mace in duels when he was in the Jedi Order.

We also know Anakin was the greatest warrior the Jedi order had and would have defeated Mace in combat.

Still even in canon?
Thrawn
Thrawn

August 4th 2020, 1:22 am
TheNuisanceBird wrote:
Thrawn wrote:We know canonically from Lucas and Gillard Yoda is regarded as better and there is a list of sources to back that up. We know Dooku has defeated Mace in duels when he was in the Jedi Order.

Still even in canon?

Yeah. It' one blurb in one source book about lightsabers by one author.

It's not really a big deal.

Mace may be better than Yoda in pure skill (again Yoda is not really built for physical contests) but Yoda would ultimately be the superior combatant based on his strength in the Force.

This was true before, it's true now.

I think it's silly to recontextualize Yoda/Mace/Anakin/Dooku/ as they have been known based on a single blurb by the current Lucasfilm story group that already has a messier continuity in 5 years than 30 of the EU.

The Prequels and the Clone Wars were made with that mindset a the time and those stories exist unaltered.

-----

Your mileage may vary, but this isn't revelatory in any way.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

August 5th 2020, 6:12 pm
Thrawn wrote:I think it's silly to recontextualize Yoda/Mace/Anakin/Dooku/ as they have been known based on a single blurb by the current Lucasfilm story group that already has a messier continuity in 5 years than 30 of the EU.

The Prequels and the Clone Wars were made with that mindset a the time and those stories exist unaltered.

My thoughts exactly. 

The same can be said about TCW's Mandalore arc with Ahsoka and Maul being nothing but a glorified fan fic. Don't get how people think it fits into ROTS so well when it almost objectively doesn't.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

August 5th 2020, 6:34 pm
TheNuisanceBird wrote:
Thrawn wrote:I think it's silly to recontextualize Yoda/Mace/Anakin/Dooku/ as they have been known based on a single blurb by the current Lucasfilm story group that already has a messier continuity in 5 years than 30 of the EU.

My thoughts exactly. 

The same can be said about TCW's Mandalore arc with Ahsoka and Maul being nothing but a glorified fan fic. Don't get how people think it fits into ROTS so well when it almost objectively doesn't.

How's that? I haven't seen the last season don't plan to, so curious.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

August 7th 2020, 9:06 am
Zenwolf wrote:How's that? I haven't seen the last season don't plan to, so curious.

Well no matter how many people like Ahsoka it doesn't change the fact that on screen in ROTS her character isn't present nor is mentioned in the film because she didn't exist at the time. Same with Maul's revival. Just by watching the film it's hard to believe that there's this onscreen plot extension of this other Sith fighting off world that's not mentioned whatsoever during what's happening on Coruscant. 

While there are scenes where Ahsoka's injected into ROTS such as the hologram meeting it still feels forced and the whole arc in general is really stretching it.
Geistalt
Geistalt

August 30th 2020, 5:06 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Thrawn wrote:It's always been Yoda/Sidious > Mace/Anakin/Dooku/Maul > Obi Wan/Grievous/Qui Gonn
Mace Windu confirmed as the Jedi Order's greatest swordsman 1f2fc510
xmysticgohanx
xmysticgohanx

December 24th 2020, 11:56 am
Season 7 of tcw is peak Star Wars

Anyway, I have always had mace > Yoda
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum