Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

Darish Vol vs. Abeloth Empty Darish Vol vs. Abeloth

June 21st 2019, 10:44 am
Anyone have the passage pertaining to Vol's telepathy battles with Abeloth?
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

Darish Vol vs. Abeloth Empty Re: Darish Vol vs. Abeloth

June 21st 2019, 11:56 am
Yes I have
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 21st 2019, 11:56 am
I’ve listened to it in the audiobook. What do want to know about it exactly?
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

June 21st 2019, 12:05 pm
I was looking for the text itself, really. Mostly I'm looking for exactly how well Vol performed. I have someone claiming his performance against Abeloth puts him above prime Krayt, Revan, Anakin, Yoda, Plagueis, Windu, etc.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 21st 2019, 12:10 pm
SithArchaeologist wrote:I was looking for the text itself, really. Mostly I'm looking for exactly how well Vol performed. I have someone claiming his performance against Abeloth puts him above prime Krayt, Revan, Anakin, Yoda, Plagueis, Windu, etc.
For the text you can ask @Gᴏᴀᴛ ,i’m sure he has it. But  since i’ve Read it, I can provide you with a summary. Essentially Vol, after he goes to bed, finds Abeloth in a dream who attempts to overwhelm him with her tentacles. However, Vol unshields his mind and uses the opening to attack Abeloth with a force tecnique Luke had used against her some time before (which placed into her the idea that no one loved her or something like that), leaving her badly injured. However, as seen later the effort completely depletes Vol’s force reserves.

Last edited by mastercilghal on June 21st 2019, 12:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 21st 2019, 12:13 pm
I would like to add hat Abeloth later notes that the feat was accomplished mainly because she was unprepared for that attack, but it still implied he had, like Luke enough power to harm her, thus the “much of the power of Luke Skywalker” quote.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 21st 2019, 12:30 pm
SithArchaeologist wrote:I was looking for the text itself, really. Mostly I'm looking for exactly how well Vol performed. I have someone claiming his performance against Abeloth puts him above prime Krayt, Revan, Anakin, Yoda, Plagueis, Windu, etc.
I found it: 

Vol had seen much violence, deceit, ugliness, and brutality in his day. He had seen, and sometimes committed, deeds such as evisceration of the body and torture of the mind through the power of the dark side. He had seen bodies explode into tiny fragments, watched powerfully intelligent people reduced to gibbering idiots when their minds were destroyed thought by thought.
And he shrank back in horror now at the monstrosity revealed to him.
Before him was a nightmare. Her hair was long, twining tendrils of hideousness, her eyes sunken and yet bright as tiny stars, her mouth widening, widening, until it split her face. She laughed, the tendrils reaching out both physically and in the Force.
“Silly Vol,” she said. “To imagine, even for a moment, that anything human could even conceive of the vastness that is Abeloth, let alone trap me for your own tiny-minded purposes. Now you shall die, and your world shall become mine. I shall be unto them Protector and Destructor both, and there is nothing that you or any of your little friends can do to stop me.”
The tendrils were on him now, slithering into his mouth, his ears, his nose, caressing in a strangely appealing manner even as he cringed back in loathing.
It was a dream, he knew, but it was more than a dream as well. And even in such an in-between place, Vol knew what he had to do. It terrified him, but the thought of being destroyed without a fight by this vile thing terrified him even worse.
He had to dive inside that mind.
He took a precious second to wrap the Force around him like a blanket, then unshielded his mind and opened it to Abeloth.
In her arrogant glee at the ambush she had performed, she was reckless. She surged forward, violating his mind, unaware that this was precisely what Vol wanted. She had given him entrance, and he wasted not a heartbeat in opening up to the ugliness that was within. Like a thief with the law on his heels, Vol plundered swiftly, with no care for delicacy or of discovery. And he found unexpected riches.
Anguish. Loss that ripped and tore at the heart of all that was Abeloth. Betrayal. Need—need!—for companionship, for love, for someone, anyone, anything, to adore her and to never, ever leave. To stay with her forever …
—Don’t leave me don’t leave me don’t leave me—
Something that was part of her, that she had loved with all that was in her, was gone, gone beyond finding again, and someone would pay, and she would be loved and idolized and worshipped, it was right, it was what should be, what would be—
He felt her astonishment, and then fury, and knew he was discovered. The tendrils were no longer coyly teasing and caressing. They were violent and brutal now, wrapping about his throat, invading his body. He resisted and went on the attack. There was a wound, visible as something black and bloody and infected, in what passed for a soul or a heart of this monster. And he went right for it.
No one loves you. You are ugly, and disgusting, and if you ever thought anyone did care for you, you were tricked and lied to, and they laughed at your gullibility.
A blast of Force anger buffeted him, but he rooted himself against it and continued.
You will never be loved. You will never be adored or cherished. Only feared and hated. And there is nothing you can do, no words you can speak, no one you can become to change that. Luke Skywalker was appalled at what you were, when he truly saw you. He follows you, not as a young gallant, oh no, but to kill you and put the universe out of its misery.
She convulsed, writhing in pain in the heart of the Force, reacting to his relentless attack on her wounded area as if he were ripping at an infected cut in the physical world. Her attack on him changed from a desire to harm to a desire to escape. Elation filled Vol. He only hoped he could survive long enough to deal the killing blow.
You live causing revulsion, you will die that way. You will die now—
He threw everything he had into the attack, slamming his Force self into the psychic, oozing wound as if he were punching a lacerated torso.
NO!
Her pain exploded and hurled him back, releasing him, but causing the most exquisite agony Vol had ever experienced to race through every part of his being.
Vol surged forward out of the dream so quickly that he hurled himself from his bed and landed hard on the floor, where he lay gasping, weak, so weak, sweat-soaked and terrified. He—used to manipulating objects in the Force, leaping great distances, crushing things with a thought—had not the strength of a new-hatched uvak. It was an effort to lift his head, to push himself up off the floor, and the muscles quivered from that simple strain.
Fate of the Jedi: Ascension
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

June 21st 2019, 12:50 pm
Thank you. Does anyone have the text for when Abeloth killed Vol?
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 21st 2019, 12:55 pm
SithArchaeologist wrote:Thank you. Does anyone have the text for when Abeloth killed Vol?
The fight is only implied to have took place, but is never described. 
Yeah, I myself was very disappointed when reading it.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 21st 2019, 1:00 pm
It’s like Vol tells Workan he’s going to kill Rokari Kem ( the senator she had taken control of, unbeknownst to Vol and Workan) then the morning later Workan receives a hologram call from Kem who shows him Vol’s decapitated head.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

June 21st 2019, 1:09 pm
Thanks for the info.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 21st 2019, 1:11 pm
SithArchaeologist wrote:Thanks for the info.
You’re welcome. Reading the sequence, what’s your stance on Vol?
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

June 21st 2019, 1:53 pm
Incredibly impressive TP, unconvinced he's all that great a combatant. Plagueis-tier, tops.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 21st 2019, 2:05 pm
SithArchaeologist wrote:Incredibly impressive TP, unconvinced he's all that great a combatant. Plagueis-tier, tops.
I must admit I disagree, but Vol’s feats make it difficult to place him. I think you should read the book, because there are more informations about him there.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

June 21st 2019, 3:58 pm

ILS made a convincing case Krayt actually directly scales from Vol's performance.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

June 21st 2019, 6:10 pm
Azronger wrote:

ILS made a convincing case Krayt actually directly scales from Vol's performance.

Oh? Where can I read this?
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 21st 2019, 6:29 pm
Darish Vol vs. Abeloth 1668617588

NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 21st 2019, 9:34 pm
Vol is MEGAPOWER.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 22nd 2019, 4:20 am
Azronger wrote:

If that argument is indeed correct, then Prime Krayt should be a peer of Luke Skywalker. Could you link me to that thread?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

June 22nd 2019, 9:49 am
@SithArchaeologist @mastercilghal It was on Google Hangouts, so you can't see it, unfortunately.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 22nd 2019, 9:50 am
Azronger wrote:@SithArchaeologist @mastercilghal It was on Google Hangouts, so you can't see it, unfortunately.
No problem
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

June 22nd 2019, 10:30 am
Azronger wrote:@SithArchaeologist @mastercilghal It was on Google Hangouts, so you can't see it, unfortunately.

Any way it can be transferred over?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

June 22nd 2019, 3:50 pm
SithArchaeologist wrote:

Any way it can be transferred over?

That would require scrolling through tens of thousands of messages. I'm not even sure Hangouts loads that far back. Regardless, it's too cumbersome of a task for me to bother.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 22nd 2019, 3:51 pm
Vol remains a great force user nonetheless. He has also scaling from high Lord Taalon and Ivaar Workan.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 22nd 2019, 3:59 pm
I mean sure it's hard to directly transfer but surely you can summarise the argument here if you remember it?

@Azronger
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum