Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

Palpatine (I am all the Sith) vs. Rey (I am all the Jedi) Empty Palpatine (I am all the Sith) vs. Rey (I am all the Jedi)

June 13th 2020, 7:12 am

Absolutely disappointing on so many levels.

1. Disney SHAT ON Luke Skywalker (Episode 8)
2. Disney SHAT ON Palpatine (Episode 9)

No true fan of Star Wars would appreciate that.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

Palpatine (I am all the Sith) vs. Rey (I am all the Jedi) Empty Re: Palpatine (I am all the Sith) vs. Rey (I am all the Jedi)

June 13th 2020, 8:02 am
Never thought I'd prefer Dark Empire over something
Galan007
Galan007

Palpatine (I am all the Sith) vs. Rey (I am all the Jedi) Empty Re: Palpatine (I am all the Sith) vs. Rey (I am all the Jedi)

June 13th 2020, 8:08 am
They made Palpatine stupidly OP, but then had him 'die' in the dumbest way possible... It's as if the guy had no control over the lightning he was producing, ffs.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

June 13th 2020, 8:41 am
I wonder what was going in the minds of the creatives that wrote that retarded screenplay.
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

June 14th 2020, 4:22 pm
Quite frankly, DE was a better story than this. It was much better to see the most powerful Jedi and most powerful Sith Lord have an all out battle in DE than have Rey killing Sidious through plot convenience.
Darth Nihilus
Darth Nihilus

June 14th 2020, 4:34 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I couldn't agree more with all the comments. Disney made a complete joke of Star Wars and completely ruined characters like Luke and Palpatine and made them look like complete utter garbage for the sake of their beloved Rey. There was so much potential in terms of storyline but then they give us that crap. Let's hope Disney does not touch the Old Republic Era.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

June 14th 2020, 7:34 pm
Galan007 wrote:They made Palpatine stupidly OP, but then had him 'die' in the dumbest way possible... It's as if the guy had no control over the lightning he was producing, ffs.

Well can't be that OP if that huge lighting blast can't even destroy snubfighters and only at best disable ships. ...Huh, so a glorified EMP device then? Heh.

Also to be fair, we do see that he seems to be unable to control his lighting as shown in ROTS and ROTJ...remember?

....Although...Sidious was trying to turn Anakin and then trying to kill Vader as he was picked up from behind...hmm...maybe he actually does and there were circumstances as to why he didn't stop those times..
Galan007
Galan007

June 16th 2020, 11:48 am
Zenwolf wrote:Also to be fair, we do see that he seems to be unable to control his lighting as shown in ROTS and ROTJ...remember?

....Although...Sidious was trying to turn Anakin and then trying to kill Vader as he was picked up from behind...hmm...maybe he actually does and there were circumstances as to why he didn't stop those times..
In RotS, you could definitely argue that Palpatine was allowing his lightning to be deflected onto his body. Aside from it being the integral turning point for Anakin to embrace the dark side, Palpatine's "scarred and deformed" appearance(which was really just his true face), was also a great visual aid for the Senate: to show them how 'tyrannical' the Jedi had become, why they needed to be eradicated, and why the Empire was necessary.

In RotJ, Palpatine had full control over his lightning as well. As you said, he was intentionally using it against Vader:
With his fear added to his anger and hatred, the Emperor turns a yet more powerful lightning attack on Vader. Countless blue bolts seethe across the black mask, burning into both metal and flesh. But though he must be feeling even more pain than Luke did, Vader staggers on.

-Beware the Power of the Dark Side

In RoS, however, there is no rational explanation whatsoever. Rey was pushing Palpatine's lightning back at him...The lightning was literally killing him...Yet he somehow forgot that he could, you know, STOP PRODUCING IT. Stupid as hell. Palpatine (I am all the Sith) vs. Rey (I am all the Jedi) 1220391476
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

June 16th 2020, 2:55 pm
Well that sums up ROS in general. No rational explanation whatsoever. 

"Because fuck you that's why."
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

June 16th 2020, 3:50 pm
Galan007 wrote:

In RoS, however, there is no rational explanation whatsoever. Rey was pushing Palpatine's lightning back at him...The lightning was literally killing him...Yet he somehow forgot that he could, you know, STOP PRODUCING IT. Stupid as hell. Palpatine (I am all the Sith) vs. Rey (I am all the Jedi) 1220391476

Wait! Wait, I got it! It's all so clear Galan, the reason is so simple.

...He grew senile over 30 years!

Also I still can't get over the fact that JJ had a great reason to bring Snoke back with the cloning stuff. I mean replace Palps with the real Snoke on that life support machine and....nothing honestly changes.
Galan007
Galan007

June 16th 2020, 4:37 pm
TheNuisanceBird wrote:Well that sums up ROS in general. No rational explanation whatsoever. 

That sums up the entire damn ST, unfortunately.
Galan007
Galan007

June 16th 2020, 4:38 pm
Zenwolf wrote:
Wait! Wait, I got it! It's all so clear Galan, the reason is so simple.

...He grew senile over 30 years!

Also I still can't get over the fact that JJ had a great reason to bring Snoke back with the cloning stuff. I mean replace Palps with the real Snoke on that life support machine and....nothing honestly changes.
Force-Alzheimer's, FTW!!!

It should have been Snoke. That would have been infinitely better than randomly recycling Palpatine, cuz fan-service bullshit? Palpatine (I am all the Sith) vs. Rey (I am all the Jedi) 1220391476
Sasukedc
Sasukedc

June 17th 2020, 4:34 am
No, Snoke being the final boss wouldn't have saved this shitshow of a trilogy. Not by a mile.

At least this way, we got to enjoy seeing Quan eat his own foot.
Darth Nihilus
Darth Nihilus

June 17th 2020, 4:35 am
Sas wrote:No, Snoke being the final boss wouldn't have saved this shitshow of a trilogy.  Not by a mile.

Palpatine (I am all the Sith) vs. Rey (I am all the Jedi) 1076326320
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

June 17th 2020, 9:11 am
Sas wrote:No, Snoke being the final boss wouldn't have saved this shitshow of a trilogy.  Not by a mile.

I mean probably not, but even still....all the tools were right there to bring him back.

Though that is a silver lining I guess...if however small.
Galan007
Galan007

June 17th 2020, 2:53 pm

Agree 100%.

I just think resurrecting Snoke to fill the role would have been better than recycling Palpatine.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

June 17th 2020, 6:11 pm
TheNuisanceBird wrote:Well that sums up ROS in general. No rational explanation whatsoever. 

Or holy shit we pissed off the majority of the fanbase after TLJ, lets rush this thing as much as possible and pray fans will like it.
Darth Zanos
Darth Zanos

June 23rd 2020, 9:27 am
I think you guys are being too harsh on these movies. Plot holes are integral to star wars and have been part of the star wars movies ever since a new hope. Remember in empire strikes back when Luke, who has not even finished his training faced against Darth Vader who is one of the most powerful Sith lords in history and was competitive with him. Rey being powerful was actually explained by the fact that she had all the power of the previous Jedi supporting her. This includes Obi-wan, Anakin, Mace Windu, Yoda, and loads of other powerful Jedi who spoke to her. Palpatine had the power of all the Sith which is a much smaller list: Dooku, Maul, and that's pretty much it. Vader switched to the light side before he died so he would support Rey, not Palpatine, which is clear since Anakin spoke to Rey. If you sum up the values, it is clear that the Jedis have a larger sum and so it is clear that Rey would win.
Darth Nihilus
Darth Nihilus

June 23rd 2020, 1:33 pm
Except Palp just forgot that he could... I don't know...  maybe stop producing his Force lightning that was killing him ?  

Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

June 23rd 2020, 3:35 pm
Darth Zanos wrote:I think you guys are being too harsh on these movies. Plot holes are integral to star wars and have been part of the star wars movies ever since a new hope. Remember in empire strikes back when Luke, who has not even finished his training faced against Darth Vader who is one of the most powerful Sith lords in history and was competitive with him..

No he wasn’t, Vader was messing with him.
Darth Zanos
Darth Zanos

June 24th 2020, 12:20 am
Zenwolf wrote:
Darth Zanos wrote:I think you guys are being too harsh on these movies. Plot holes are integral to star wars and have been part of the star wars movies ever since a new hope. Remember in empire strikes back when Luke, who has not even finished his training faced against Darth Vader who is one of the most powerful Sith lords in history and was competitive with him..

There is zero proof that this was the case. You're projecting your own version of the events.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

June 24th 2020, 12:49 am
Darth Zanos wrote:
Zenwolf wrote:

There is zero proof that this was the case. You're projecting your own version of the events.

Oh really?

At the very start we see Vader casually blocking Luke's strikes while only using one hand, then shoving him to the ground with that same arm. Basically through this first sequence, Vader is only using one hand and at the end disarms him with no real effort.

Moving on after escaping the trap, the only real thing Luke does is being able to push Vader off the edge after the latter goads him into using his anger, but this is really all he gets in in that entire scene of events.

Later on, Vader is flinging objects at him, Luke gets tossed and they continue to fight. Vader isn't going for the kill here as he wants Luke to join him remember that now, they continue with Vader once and shoving Luke to the ground and he only gets at best a glancing blow, at that point Vader disarms Luke by cutting off his hand.

There wasn't really a Luke 'competing' with Vader at all here, he got in two hits to a Vader in the entire fight and Vader wanted him alive, while goading him to use his anger all the while. If Vader actually tried, Luke would have been paste on the Bespin carbon freezing chamber.

But ok let's go with this for a moment, at least Luke has had training up at this point as a Jedi, compared to Rey with TFA if we're going with their respective duels against their enemies. Rey has none, Kylo's wounds really shouldn't have been a factor if he was able to drop her at the start, then fight and wreck Finn later, yet the 2nd round with Rey he just...doesn't do that and gets bested by in Snoke's own words "A girl who's never held a lightsaber!"
Darth Nihilus
Darth Nihilus

June 24th 2020, 12:56 am
Zenwolf wrote:
Darth Zanos wrote:
Zenwolf wrote:

Oh really?

At the very start we see Vader casually blocking Luke's strikes while only using one hand, then shoving him to the ground with that same arm. Basically through this first sequence, Vader is only using one hand and at the end disarms him with no real effort.

Moving on after escaping the trap, the only real thing Luke does is being able to push Vader off the edge after the latter goads him into using his anger, but this is really all he gets in in that entire scene of events.

Later on, Vader is flinging objects at him, Luke gets tossed and they continue to fight. Vader isn't going for the kill here as he wants Luke to join him remember that now, they continue with Vader once and shoving Luke to the ground and he only gets at best a glancing blow, at that point Vader disarms Luke by cutting off his hand.

There wasn't really a Luke 'competing' with Vader at all here, he got in two hits to a Vader in the entire fight and Vader wanted him alive, while goading him to use his anger all the while. If Vader actually tried, Luke would have been paste on the Bespin carbon freezing chamber.

But ok let's go with this for a moment, at least Luke has had training up at this point as a Jedi, compared to Rey with TFA if we're going with their respective duels against their enemies. Rey has none, Kylo's wounds really shouldn't have been a factor if he was able to drop her at the start, then fight and wreck Finn later, yet the 2nd round with Rey he just...doesn't do that and gets bested by in Snoke's own words "A girl who's never held a lightsaber!"

Not to mention Rey is somehow able to compete with and even win multiple imperial guards in TLJ  from a supposedly 5 minute verbal lesson from Luke on the Force.

Darth Zanos
Darth Zanos

June 24th 2020, 12:59 am
Zenwolf wrote:
Darth Zanos wrote:
Zenwolf wrote:

Oh really?

Rey was a scavenger on Jakku which is one of the toughest planets to live on. So she had plenty of experience surviving in really tough terrains and making the most out of what she has. This explains why she was able to face off against Kyle. Luke on the other hand was a spoiled farm boy who complains when asked to go get power converters. So it is reasonable to expect Rey to be able to learn much more quickly than Luke. Especially since she had a stick that she uses as a weapon when scavenging which is similar to a lightsaber.
Darth Zanos
Darth Zanos

June 24th 2020, 1:01 am
Darth Nihilus wrote:Except Palp just forgot that he could... I don't know...  maybe stop producing his Force lightning that was killing him ?  

One of Palpatine’s biggest weakness was his overconfidence in his abilities. So it was reasonable to expect him to be confident that he will win, which is why he didn’t stop the lightning.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum