Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

Darth Nihilus vs Obi-Wan Kenobi - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Nihilus vs Obi-Wan Kenobi

September 14th 2020, 4:46 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Nihilus ragdolls tbh. 

Prime kenobi is kinda fodder  Darth Nihilus vs Obi-Wan Kenobi - Page 2 3146861145 Darth Nihilus vs Obi-Wan Kenobi - Page 2 3146861145
Shimrra
Shimrra

Darth Nihilus vs Obi-Wan Kenobi - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Nihilus vs Obi-Wan Kenobi

September 14th 2020, 11:04 pm
Not being cut in half by KFV's strikes >>>>>>>>>>>>> Kenobi's parity with Dooku >>>>> Bane >>>>>> Malak >>>> mid-tiers of the Old Republic > strike team of random fodder featless Jedi resisting Vitiate's lightning for 2 seconds >>> Nihilus  Darth Nihilus vs Obi-Wan Kenobi - Page 2 2266747095

Kenobi stomps
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

September 15th 2020, 2:22 pm
Shimrra wrote:Not being cut in half by KFV's strikes >>>>>>>>>>>>> Kenobi's parity with Dooku >>>>> Bane >>>>>> Malak >>>> mid-tiers of the Old Republic > strike team of random fodder featless Jedi resisting Vitiate's lightning for 2 seconds >>> Nihilus  Darth Nihilus vs Obi-Wan Kenobi - Page 2 2266747095

Kenobi stomps

How does Kenobi have parity with Dooku?

OT: Nihilus
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

September 15th 2020, 2:35 pm
SnowxElf wrote:

How does Kenobi have parity with Dooku?

OT: Nihilus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDGh2tWjgGY 
1:28 

behold, parity in its rawest form.
Unending Void
Unending Void

September 18th 2020, 2:22 pm
Nihilus stomps low diff. He can practically ragdoll Obi-Wan or drain him dry where he stands.
Primarch
Primarch

September 18th 2020, 3:09 pm
As much as I hate to say it, Nihilus probably wins
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 18th 2020, 3:34 pm
@Unending Void Welcome to the forum. From where do you hail?

September 18th 2020, 4:07 pm
Master Azronger wrote:@Unending Void Welcome to the forum. From where do you hail?

Hello there Sir Azronger, I come from the dark steeped world of Comic Vine. Pleasure to make your acquaintance.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 19th 2020, 9:29 am
@Unending Void What prompted you to migrate?

September 19th 2020, 9:32 am
Master Azronger wrote:@Unending Void What prompted you to migrate?

Not really migrate, per say, more like I felt like making an account after watching the Top 15 Most Powerful Characters video that you sent. I've decided on using both sites interchangeably.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 19th 2020, 11:22 am
Unending Void wrote:Nihilus stomps low diff. He can practically ragdoll Obi-Wan or drain him dry where he stands.

what makes you think that Nihilus can drain him or ragdoll via TK?
Unending Void
Unending Void

September 19th 2020, 11:27 am
HellfireUnit wrote:
Unending Void wrote:Nihilus stomps low diff. He can practically ragdoll Obi-Wan or drain him dry where he stands.

I mean, what is there to suggest he can't drain him? I would understand arguments for Anakin, Dooku or even Mace for that matter but Obi-Wan? Why? Kenobi is in even SoD Maul's ragdoll tier, let alone Dooku or Nihilus.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 19th 2020, 11:41 am
I am just not buying that you need the specific technique to resist the Force Drain. Kenobi scales massively above someone like Nihilus who is buried deep beneath between Ancient Sith and SWTOR. I don't see why he should be able to bypass his defenses and drain him instantly like most other fodder victims. Even if he manages to bypass his defenses, why should Kenobi stand still and let him drain him? He is certainly not strong enough to TK or ragdoll Kenobi, that's for sure.
Unending Void
Unending Void

September 19th 2020, 12:40 pm
@hellfireunit
HellfireUnit wrote:I am just not buying that you need the specific technique to resist the Force Drain. Kenobi scales massively above someone like Nihilus who is buried deep beneath between Ancient Sith and SWTOR. I don't see why he should be able to bypass his defenses and drain him instantly like most other fodder victims. Even if he manages to bypass his defenses, why should Kenobi stand still and let him drain him? He is certainly not strong enough to TK or ragdoll Kenobi, that's for sure.

I also don't buy that you need the specific Qel Droma technique in order to resist Nihilus's drain but for a completely different reason.

I don't see how Obi-Wan scales over someone who can tear a 1200 meter ship out of a busted gravity well while vastly pre-prime and reap and destroy the surface of a planet. Dooku and Maul, who's best TK feats are ragdolling 200 meter cruisers and bringing down massive hyperdrive generators are both capable of tossing Obi-Wan around when they feel like it. Nihilus can certainly do so, especially at the height of his power.
LOTL

September 19th 2020, 12:53 pm
@Jake. See this thread. This is what I mean by saying that arguing for Kenobi is like going against gravity. All those countless hours painstakingly spent over the years convincing people that neither Maul nor Dooku can just ragdoll him when they want to, on so many forums and chat spaces and when you have most of the community convinced, a couple of newbies join the game once again parroting the old "MAUL DOOKU CHOKE RAGDOLL" arguments that have long since been debunked. Though, unfortunately, it is easy to see why they would think so given TOR related material.

OT-Kenobi stomps. Nihilus is not powerful enough to do anything to him with the force, and in CQC he gets trounced.

Last edited by LOTL on September 19th 2020, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

September 19th 2020, 12:55 pm
@LOTL: Perhaps make a concise blog about it. That way you can link them to your arguments than needing to address each new member.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

September 19th 2020, 1:50 pm
Unending Void wrote:
HellfireUnit wrote:

I mean, what is there to suggest he can't drain him? I would understand arguments for Anakin, Dooku or even Mace for that matter but Obi-Wan? Why? Kenobi is in even SoD Maul's ragdoll tier, let alone Dooku or Nihilus.
Why is Kenobi in SoD Maul's ragdoll range?
Darth Nihilus
Darth Nihilus

September 19th 2020, 2:02 pm
If you don't need the specific Qel Droma technique in order to resist Nihilus's drain, then why weren't Yoda and Mace ,some of the most powerful Force users , be able to defeat the Dark Reaper? Why is it that only Anakin was the one able to do so? This seems like clear evidence to me that you can't just resist Nihilus's drain solely based on being a powerful Force user or else Yoda and Mace would have been able to defeat the Reaper, which drains Force energy just like Nihilus does in his Force Drain. The fact that they couldn't, is clear that a technique is needed to do so and not just Force power. And the Reaper's Force drain was even weaker than Nihilus who could drain entire planets.
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

September 19th 2020, 2:03 pm
Kenobi's not generally in Maul's ragdoll range. Maul has TK dominated him but that is not normally what Maul can do. In TCW both Maul and Obi trade force pushes mid-duel frequently, Maul might be a better telekinetic but it's not likely by that much. Dooku also dominated Obi with the force to a much higher degree than Maul ever did. The Obi brigade has never made a great argument on why Dooku can't TK dominate Obi regularly .
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

September 19th 2020, 2:20 pm
SnowxElf wrote:Kenobi's not generally in Maul's ragdoll range. Maul has TK dominated him but that is not normally what Maul can do. In TCW both Maul and Obi trade force pushes mid-duel frequently, Maul might be a better telekinetic but it's not likely by that much. Dooku also dominated Obi with the force to a much higher degree than Maul ever did. The Obi brigade has never made a great argument on why Dooku can't TK dominate Obi regularly .
I can't speak for others, but I agree that Dooku seems to be able to TK Kenobi regularly. However, is this because of power superiority, or is it because Dooku's supreme mastery makes him uniquely apt at perceiving and exploiting gaps? I think Kenobi deflecting blasts from MFV, who is more powerful than the count, precludes the first option. Which leaves us with option 2. And if option 2 is whats happening, then Dooku's ability to do this is non scalable, you can't use him as evidence that X character ragdolls Kenobi since you can't scale one's skill at exploiting gaps. Basically you can't use Dooku to say Nihilus, Maul or anyone besides Dooku ragdolls Kenobi
LOTL

September 19th 2020, 2:22 pm
Maul has never tk dominated him at all. He has always exploited lapses in his guard, mostly due to external circumstances. In S4 throughout, he is an emotional wreck and per Filoni, can only gather the focus to battle him in S5. In Revival, he does well in their solo battle, but once it shifts to Jar'Kai, Maul is able to tk him. Even then, Kenobi needed to have his back turned for that to happen, and Jar'Kai has been stated to make users concentrate more on their blades and less on the force.

Dooku has choked Kenobi only when he was distracted, as has been enunciated countless times. That and the reason why Dooku was able to manufacture that opening was due to his knowledge on Kenobi's Ataru and supreme mastery, as KoB puts across. He may be more powerful, but not to that extent.
Unending Void
Unending Void

September 19th 2020, 2:46 pm
@kingofblades

Why is Kenobi in SoD Maul's ragdoll range?

Darth Nihilus vs Obi-Wan Kenobi - Page 2 7575321-rco042_1476344871
Darth Nihilus vs Obi-Wan Kenobi - Page 2 7575320-rco043_1476344871
Darth Nihilus vs Obi-Wan Kenobi - Page 2 7575319-rco044_1476344871

Then he's already done this with other circumstances at play:

Darth Nihilus vs Obi-Wan Kenobi - Page 2 Gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAAAAACH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAABAAEAAAICTAEAOw==

All of this done while Maul is pre-prime mind you..

Last edited by Unending Void on September 19th 2020, 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
LOTL

September 19th 2020, 2:51 pm
Maul didn't tk Kenobi by "battering defense" lmao. He did it by exploiting lapses in his guard when he was vulnerable.

And the above comic is when Obi Wan is not in the optimal mental state to take Maul on. The director of TCW has stated that only in S5 which happens months after that comic is Kenobi mentally ready to take Maul on
Unending Void
Unending Void

September 19th 2020, 2:57 pm
Darth Nihilus wrote:If you don't need the specific Qel Droma technique in order to resist Nihilus's drain, then why weren't Yoda and Mace ,some of the most powerful Force users , be able to defeat the Dark Reaper? Why is it that only Anakin was the one able to do so? This seems like clear evidence to me that you can't just resist Nihilus's drain solely based on being a powerful Force user or else Yoda and Mace would have been able to defeat the Reaper, which drains Force energy just like Nihilus does in his Force Drain. The fact that they couldn't, is clear that a technique is needed to do so and not just Force power. And the Reaper's Force drain was even weaker than Nihilus who could drain entire planets.
I second this
Unending Void
Unending Void

September 19th 2020, 2:59 pm
LOTL wrote:Maul didn't tk Kenobi by "battering defense" lmao. He did it by exploiting lapses in his guard when he was vulnerable.

And the above comic is when Obi Wan is not in the optimal mental state to take Maul on. The director of TCW has stated that only in S5 which happens months after that comic is Kenobi mentally ready to take Maul on

And despite being mentally ready to take Maul on, he still got ragdolled by him twice even though he entered a near-perfect mental state after Adi Gallia's death at the hands of Savage Opress. This is still Maul before he grows in power later in the Clone Wars. While ROTS Kenobi might be able to resist Maul, I highly doubt that's the case for Dooku. It doesn't really matter where you hold Nihilus and Dooku in terms of their force abilities compared against one another because Nihilus is vastly above Maul in force affinity and raw power that Kenobi will be like a toy for him.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum