Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

Mustafar Vader Weakened Quotes? Empty Mustafar Vader Weakened Quotes?

May 28th 2020, 8:02 pm
"But even Sidious hadn't foreseen Anakin's defeat by Obi-Wan Kenobi on Mustafar. Anakin had still been between worlds then, and vulnerable. The failure to defeat his former Master had worked to prolong that vulnerability."
(James Luceno : Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader)

"Without question, it's Obi-Wan versus Anakin in Episode III. One was the master, one was the pupil. One has replaced the other one, technically. Obi knows that Anakin is better than him, but because he taught him, he knows emotionally how he's going to behave. I took it on as like a fight between a husband and wife. It sounds silly, but Obi doesn't want to kill him. Obi has got to try and withstand this onslaught, this huge onslaught that's going to cover like a mile and be 10 minutes long, which is an enormous amount of time for a fight. So I took it as Obi trying to take this onslaught continuously and hoping that Anakin was going to eventually, you know, get over it and calm down. That doesn't happen."
(Nick Gillard)

Credit to SithSauce:

"I think that the end fight where Anakin and Obi-wan try to resolve their differences Obi-Wan comes out with the better hand. But I think that's a result, or  you know, a derivative, of Anakin's emotions and not being able to focus them and control them, which is, just you know, the route of Anakin's inabilities."
(Hayden Christensen, Star Wars Episode III: The Chosen One Featurette)

There are some sources that could be interrupted saying Vader was weakened in this fight. I was wondering if people knew of others?
LOTL

Mustafar Vader Weakened Quotes? Empty Re: Mustafar Vader Weakened Quotes?

May 29th 2020, 12:07 am
None of those sources mean anything definitive, and Azronger has already proved that they refer to his arrogance that cost him the fight in the last minute, not any reduction in power

In fact, no source ever has explicitly mentioned any reduction in force power for him, it is all on interpretation
O-Siri
O-Siri

May 29th 2020, 12:25 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Quote one: Not specific to Mustafar. KF Vader is “still” stuck between worlds too.

Quote two: Says Anakin is better but Kenobi knows how Anakin is going to behave emotionally. No where does it imply Anakin was weakened.

Quote three: Not specific to Mustafar. It’s a character weakness “the route of Anakin’s inabilities” Hayden is talking about Anakin in general.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 29th 2020, 2:18 pm
O-Siri wrote:Quote one: Not specific to Mustafar. KF Vader is “still” stuck between worlds too.

Quote two: Says Anakin is better but Kenobi knows how Anakin is going to behave emotionally. No where does it imply Anakin was weakened.

Quote three: Not specific to Mustafar. It’s a character weakness “the route of Anakin’s inabilities” Hayden is talking about Anakin in general.
Mustafar Vader Weakened Quotes? 1289255181
LOTL

May 30th 2020, 2:16 am
MF Vader is not emotional or in conflict at all. The only source for that is an action figure quote on him having tortured emotions but GL retcons that by saying that he is "cold" and "numb", so even the argument that is often quoted that he is a beast of rage like on Tatooine is pretty much not correct
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum