Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

What if Obi-Wan Kenobi was trained by Darth Sidious? Empty What if Obi-Wan Kenobi was trained by Darth Sidious?

May 24th 2020, 9:48 am
I want you to imagine that instead of finding Maul, Sidious found Kenobi as an infant (the same time and year he found Maul), sensing his potential in the Force, would Sidious consider Kenobi's untapped potential good enough for him be trained as a Sith apprentice? If Sidious does recruit Kenobi, would he be able to indoctrinate him like he indoctrinated Maul? How powerful would Kenobi be if he went through Maul's Sith training? 

I believe this is scenario is worth entertaining, because Kenobi's potential in the Force is severely underestimated.

Last edited by Latham2000 on May 24th 2020, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
LOTL

What if Obi-Wan Kenobi was trained by Darth Sidious? Empty Re: What if Obi-Wan Kenobi was trained by Darth Sidious?

May 24th 2020, 11:40 am
Given that he was able to match Maul with only tapping into his anger, which was unfocused( meaning he likely could not tap into it properly) and even normally is faster than Qui Gon whose augmentation is enough to be close to Maul, this implies that even at normal, his augmentation can match Maul's too( to a slightly lesser extent), meaning he is not far off in power even at normal. 

But normal isn't really the criterion here. This is about his potential, meaning him tapping into anger is fair. He matches Maul's telekinesis in that state and is pretty much legit comparable to him. Now, Maul himself has spent more than 20 years being exclusively trained in the dark side while Obi Wan is properly tapping into it only now. Maul's training is also much harsher, and infinitely better in quality to Obi Wan's training, and that is not even taking into account that Palpatine would have given him access to knowledge that not even Jedi Knights would be allowed to go through, much less an apprentice. Further, a rage state cannot even come close to competing with being trained and immersed in the dark side for 20 years altogether

Considering all that and the fact that he was only slightly older than Maul and was the biggest prodigy of the Order at the time, it is probably not a stretch to say that his potential could be comparable to( although inferior to) Maul's potential.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

What if Obi-Wan Kenobi was trained by Darth Sidious? Empty Re: What if Obi-Wan Kenobi was trained by Darth Sidious?

May 24th 2020, 12:11 pm
I don’t think he’d benefit from Dark Side training moreso than he did with his Light side explorations. Sure, he might be more powerful combatively, but I don’t see him going beyond his limits as he did when he ran 600kph
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 24th 2020, 12:44 pm
@LOTL Ben Kenobi is full potential Kenobi Force wise, based on his parity with RotJ Sidious What if Obi-Wan Kenobi was trained by Darth Sidious? 3344068304
FreedonNadd
FreedonNadd

June 21st 2020, 2:13 am
Sith Kenobi to Jinn: 
It's over for you, my master. I am the High Ground!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum