Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  Empty Jango Fett vs Chewbacca

May 19th 2020, 2:58 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Round 1: Legends Only - H2H combat only 

Round 2: Legends Only - All-out

Round 3: Canon Only - H2H combat only

Round 4: Canon Only - All-out

- Both have standard equipment (for rounds 2 and 4)
- Fights take place in Mos Eisley Spaceport

Actually give a reason too.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  Empty Re: Jango Fett vs Chewbacca

May 19th 2020, 3:17 pm
Jango, too skilled too fast.

ignore Canon Jango he sucks ass, Chewie stomps
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

May 19th 2020, 4:10 pm
R1: Chewie. Strength, height(6 ft vs 7'4 ft) and weight(174 lbs vs 246 lbs) advantages coupled with his own fighting skill is gonna be too much.

R2: Jango. Better equipment and has a flight advantage.

Dunno Rounds 3/4 since I don't follow Disney, but I'm pretty sure Jango hasn't really shown much compared to Chewie.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

May 19th 2020, 6:15 pm
R1-2: Jango based on h2h combat feats way out of Chewie's league (like killing multiple jedi barehanded). 

R3-4: chewie easily, holding his own against vader (albeit circumstantial) and beating Black krrsantan in a fist fight beats jango
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 19th 2020, 7:02 pm
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

May 19th 2020, 7:05 pm
Nute_Chethray wrote:R1-2: Jango based on h2h combat feats way out of Chewie's league (like killing multiple jedi barehanded). 

Yeah Jango isn't taking the H2H showing, Chewie has enough strength to down a damn rancor in CQC. If we wanna go there, Jango gets folded with one hit from Chewie. The Wookiees size and weight is gonna also be an issue for Jango. He doesn't need to be as skilled as Jango to win, that's not discrediting Chewie though as he is a great fighter. But he has the advantages in his favor.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

May 19th 2020, 7:10 pm
Zenwolf wrote:height(6 ft vs 7'4 ft) and weight(174 lbs vs 246 lbs) .

Bro how am I the same weight as someone that’s over a foot taller than me 0.o
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

May 19th 2020, 7:12 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:
Zenwolf wrote:height(6 ft vs 7'4 ft) and weight(174 lbs vs 246 lbs) .

Bro how am I the same weight as someone that’s over a foot taller than me 0.o

Who? Jango or Chewie? If Chewie, you could probably attribute a good deal of that weight to hair.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

May 19th 2020, 7:45 pm
Chewie, like the guy’s 7 foot tall, has enough muscle mass to rip arms off, is the same weight as me Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  1019854026
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

May 20th 2020, 4:44 am
Zenwolf wrote:
Nute_Chethray wrote:R1-2: Jango based on h2h combat feats way out of Chewie's league (like killing multiple jedi barehanded). 

Yeah Jango isn't taking the H2H showing, Chewie has enough strength to down a damn rancor in CQC. If we wanna go there, Jango gets folded with one hit from Chewie. The Wookiees size and weight is gonna also be an issue for Jango. He doesn't need to be as skilled as Jango to win, that's not discrediting Chewie though as he is a great fighter. But he has the advantages in his favor.

Jango doesn't have to be as physically strong as Chewie. First of he's the greatest bounty hunter of his time, which includes Bossk (who also took beat a rancor while injured). He also beat Montross in a fight, which we can assume was partly h2h, and he was alot bigger and more muscular than Jango. I'm pretty sure there was at least one quote stating Jango was greater than those mandalorians before him, and during KOTOR and SWTOR killing large beasts like rancors was pretty much an initiation test for them. While Boba obviously is superior to Jango, there's also the fact that Boba casually can throw around herglics, beings roughly the size of Chewbacca (though likely a bit heavier), and that kid Boba (while Jango was still alive) could easily pull out a tooth of a balyeg.

Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  Jango_10

Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  39545910
And again, Chewbacca may have superior strength, but he doesn't have any sort of h2h skill on the level of someone who can kill multiple jedi barehanded and compete with Mace Windu in speed and reflexes.

Edit: think there actually was no quote for Jango being > any mando before him, so nvm that
Thrawn
Thrawn

May 20th 2020, 6:38 am
Depending on how you interpret H2H (how much environmental items play a factor) the sheer strength of a wookie should be too much for any human no matter how strong they are. Skill can only compensate for a strength, size, and speed gap up to a point. Wookies are actually capable of tearing the arms off a human. The density of a wookie's muscle tissue to be able to do that far outdoes a human's.

Jango is my second favorite SW character from the franchise after Thrawn, so granted I have a bias here.

Round 1 - I'd probably give this to Jango with smart use of the environment. But it's probably 50/50.

Round 2 - Jango no doubt.

Round 3 - Chewbacca. Canon for the Fetts is kind of up in the air right now. The last five years of Nu Lucasfilm canon for anyone outside of Vader, Ahsoka, and Sidious has been iffy.

Round 4 - Jango.

Still, Jango for 3/4 of these. He's physically strong enough and sufficiently skilled to kill most beings including force users in unarmed combat. With his equipment he's a walking arsenal equipped with missiles, grenades, blasters, flame throwers, knives, and poison. Jango was a powerful enough warrior to impress both Darth Tyrannus and Darth Sidious.

That speaks volumes for the character.

Last edited by Thrawn on May 20th 2020, 8:17 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar clean up.)
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

May 20th 2020, 6:45 am
Not gonna lie curry, that Saesee Tiin pic is badass.

But yeah, Chewie wins. It's like a transgender person who was female, then transitioned to male was fighting a woman in an all-out deathmatch, but x100.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

May 20th 2020, 6:57 am
@Thrawn What about the physical strength for a human child to rip out the tooth of a being hundreds of times bigger than a wookiee? 

Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  44401410
Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  44401411

(This is Boba, but the notion of Jango not being far stronger than Boba during that time would be senseless)
Thrawn
Thrawn

May 20th 2020, 8:09 am
@Nute_Chethray

There's an entire page missing from that image you posted. It's an impressive feat for Boba, but ultimately irrelevant. There's an undetermined amount of time between when Jango leaves young Boba in the cave. Boba has a jet pack for max maneuverability and he's in a cave with stalactites and stalagmites where he can lure the beast into a wall to knock itself out, or kill itself, or fall down a ravine, we don't know how he got the tooth. Boba having the strength to physically carry it is meaningless. How he accomplishes it is left to the reader's imagination.

The fact the remains that wookie's are stronger than humans and Chewbacca is one of the main heroes of the franchise. It's not a stretch for me to imagine him being able to overpower a weaponless Jango in a fist fight.

Regardless, that comic is legends. I gave Legends Jango the slight edge in H2H over Chewie in the legends fight basically giving him a 50/50 chance, though I lean Jango.

Nu Lucasfilm Canon has really nothing for Jango for me to judge. I know Luke knocked Boba out with by hurling a lockbox at him in the Marvel Star Wars comics.

Chewie's archetype in the franchise is a brawler. Wookies = Brute Strength. Jango is the gunfighter archetype. For the current Nu Lucasfilm canon I can see Chewie winning a fist fight.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

May 20th 2020, 8:21 am
Nute_Chethray wrote:

Jango doesn't have to be as physically strong as Chewie. First of he's the greatest bounty hunter of his time, which includes Bossk (who also took beat a rancor while injured). He also beat Montross in a fight, which we can assume was partly h2h, and he was alot bigger and more muscular than Jango. I'm pretty sure there was at least one quote stating Jango was greater than those mandalorians before him, and during KOTOR and SWTOR killing large beasts like rancors was pretty much an initiation test for them. While Boba obviously is superior to Jango, there's also the fact that Boba casually can throw around herglics, beings roughly the size of Chewbacca (though likely a bit heavier), and that kid Boba (while Jango was still alive) could easily pull out a tooth of a balyeg.

And again, Chewbacca may have superior strength, but he doesn't have any sort of h2h skill on the level of someone who can kill multiple jedi barehanded and compete with Mace Windu in speed and reflexes.

Edit: think there actually was no quote for Jango being > any mando before him, so nvm that

The difference between Chewie and Montross stat wise is going to be huge, plus Montross isn't really swimming with strength feats compared to the Wookiee. Also killing multiple Jedi barehanded, we have no idea how that actually happened as it was all off screen and from what we do see, it was in the middle of a battle where the Jedi were not even focused on Jango but also on other Mandalorians. Even then these Jedi don't have the physical stats that Chewie has here, they were all human(or human enough) and more or less his own size. We only get one instance of Jango doing so and it isn't even really with his barehands.

Chewie doesn't need to have H2H skill on Jango's level, but his H2H skill, strength and durability along with his physical advantages is going to be an issue. I can't even recall many striking strength feats for Jango. I mean sure, Jango can probably win? But I don't see the majority. If he tries to grapple with Chewie, it's gonna be over as the Wookiee gets him into a bearhug and crushes him as he did so with a 1 tonner.

Jango would have to constantly be out of range of Chewie who is going to have immense reach over him and inflict enough blows in the process while avoiding the Wookiee's own strikes, but that seems unlikely. It's not like Jango losing to Chewie of all guys is a bad thing in H2H, he's basically one of if not THE greatest Wookiee warrior in the EU.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

May 20th 2020, 9:24 am
Meatpants wrote:Not gonna lie curry, that Saesee Tiin pic is badass. 

Join the cause Meatpants, we can wank B-team and Qui-Gon alike—we don’t have to oppose each other Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  4233314142
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

May 20th 2020, 2:15 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Zenwolf wrote:
Nute_Chethray wrote:

The difference between Chewie and Montross stat wise is going to be huge, plus Montross isn't really swimming with strength feats compared to the Wookiee. Also killing multiple Jedi barehanded, we have no idea how that actually happened as it was all off screen and from what we do see, it was in the middle of a battle where the Jedi were not even focused on Jango but also on other Mandalorians. Even then these Jedi don't have the physical stats that Chewie has here, they were all human(or human enough) and more or less his own size. We only get one instance of Jango doing so and it isn't even really with his barehands.

Chewie doesn't need to have H2H skill on Jango's level, but his H2H skill, strength and durability along with his physical advantages is going to be an issue. I can't even recall many striking strength feats for Jango. I mean sure, Jango can probably win? But I don't see the majority. If he tries to grapple with Chewie, it's gonna be over as the Wookiee gets him into a bearhug and crushes him as he did so with a 1 tonner.

Jango would have to constantly be out of range of Chewie who is going to have immense reach over him and inflict enough blows in the process while avoiding the Wookiee's own strikes, but that seems unlikely. It's not like Jango losing to Chewie of all guys is a bad thing in H2H, he's basically one of if not THE greatest Wookiee warrior in the EU.
Off-screen? 

Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  37851310

One didn't focus Jango, and was killed with one punch (if you want to argue the rock, it was in his left hand, while Jango killed him with the right. You can see his right hand being empty). He then knocks down a second with a kick, and the third was killed with a rock, but it still required Jango to be able to punch a jedi (with abilities of augmentation and precognition). And those latter two not only focused Jango, but double-teamed him. 

Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  37851310

Then he beats a fourth jedi. He did throw snow at his face, but he couldn't take advantage of it since he had to duck from the slash, and instantly managed to grab and disarm the jedi. 

And while as you mentioned the rest were off-screen, killing 16 more jedi with his bare hands (its confirmed those kills were barehanded) is far more impressive than simply being a skilled wookiee warrior. (he's good, just not on this level). 

Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  Pasted10

Especially when Jango had just survived a fall from the top of a huge palace. 

Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  Rco01410

As for you claiming that the jedi are inferior physically, you should know that jedi enchance their speed, reflexes, strength and durability with the force, to points where they can destroy durasteel or move quicker than blasterbolts and such. Saying beating them in unarmed combat isn't as impressive as being a strong furry seems a bit off to me. 

The battle you mentioned was something that would limit Jango more than the jedi. The mandalorians were ambushed, outnumbered, outmatched (you see alot more mandalorians die), and the jedi had more heavy hitters (they were lead by Dooku and Vosa, the former of which already had statements putting him on Mace's level.) 

Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  37851510

Then you have Dooku stating Jango is the perfect soldier in every way, which would include h2h combat and physicalities. The hunt they're talking about also included aliens so its judging based on every species. 

As for combat styles, Jango is noted to have mastered all of them, which includes the likes of Teras Kasi and echani martial arts, both of which allows people to compete with forceusers with hand-to-hand combat alone. Why is Chewbacca so far ahead of jedi knights again?
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

May 20th 2020, 2:19 pm
@Thrawn I was fully aware one panel was missing, just didn't think it to be relevant. Its fair enough to imply that Boba might have tricked it, but he'd still have to drag one of its teeth out of its mouth with his bare hands, which would require ridicolous physical force, especially for a child. 

And I earlier already agreed that Chewbacca wins in canon. I'm only disputing Chewbacca beating legends jango in h2h
Thrawn
Thrawn

May 20th 2020, 3:23 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@Nute_Chethray

We're not really in dispute that Jango could still beat Chewbacca in Legends. I'd give a very slight edge to Jango, but I could see it going either way.The OP just specifies H2H, but the fight takes place in the Mos Eisley Spaceport. Environments play an important part in any confrontation and Jango is certainly more intelligent than Chewbacca.

You don't know how Boba got that tooth though. Alligators actually close their jaws together with such force they sometimes break their own teeth off. Boba could have tricked that monster into slamming face first into a cavern wall and knock one of its teeth out. I don't know.

This conversation has reminded me just how good the Dark Horse Star Wars comics were. Thank you. Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  1289255181
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

May 20th 2020, 3:48 pm
@Nute_Chethray

Those were the scans I was talking about, yeah he killed those with his barehands. But the rest we didn't see and the battle was still going on up until we see Jango and that Jedi with the green saber. For all we know, he could have blindsided those Jedi just as he did that alien one, who's to say?

I never said that Chewie was far ahead of a Jedi Knight, although if you take his more outlandish strength feats, then I'd say that def puts him above the average Jedi in the strength department, cause I'm certainly not recalling any Jedi being able to KO a rancor with just strength alone, as far as speed and durability goes, that's always inconsistent so I'd rather not get into that. Though I think at this point we best just agree to disagree.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

May 20th 2020, 3:52 pm
Hey Cheth, give credit to ISV who made the arguments and scans.  Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  3344068304

Also nice work repping Jango my son  Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  228124001
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

May 20th 2020, 5:05 pm
The G Canon Purist wrote:Hey Cheth, give credit to ISV who made the arguments and scans.  Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  3344068304

Also nice work repping Jango my son  Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  228124001
Oh yeah I actually intended to give you credit for the 20 jedi scan and for the mastering all forms of combat, just forgot  Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  1289255181
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

May 20th 2020, 5:35 pm
@Thrawn Fair enough on the Boba thing, though there's still the possibility he ripped it out. But as you say we can't say for sure. 

I actually didn't notice the battlefield, allows Jango's rock feats to apply at full potency. POWER

@Zenwolf Well you have a fair point, we can't say for sure whether he blindsided them or not. But you have to consider three things:

1. Whats likely. The context of the 20 jedi scan was about why they chose Jango in particular as the DNA for the clone army. Dooku telling Sidious he beat 20 jedi to wank Jango doesn't make sense when Jango actually just punched them from behind. 

2. Circumstances. You use circumstances against Jango, but most of them were against him. As I said before they were outnumbered, ambushed, were weaker on average and had to fight the likes of Dooku and Vosa. There is absolutely no reason Jango could wander around in the battlefield killing inattentive jedi when there were far more jedi than mandalorians, and few mandalorians even killed any by themselves. Its far more likely that as you could see in the first scan of the battle, the jedi were the ones trying to catch him unprepared (the two jedi were in melee range behind him while he still killed the first. 

3. Just the feats presented. Even if we assume he blindsided everyone except those we saw he didn't, he managed to kill one jedi with a barehanded punch, one jedi with a kick to the chest, one with a hit with a small rock, and one with a headbutt. Which in on themselves show superhuman strength.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

May 20th 2020, 5:42 pm
@Nute_Chethray

Well see now why can't Chewie also one shot Jedi with his own absurd strength? If Jango can do it, then certainly Chewie would be able to as well. Not within a similar instance here, but I'm just saying. I'll give you Jango's fighting skill, I never really argued that Chewie was more skilled anyway.

What I'm really driving at is, everything what Chewie brings in H2H vs what Jango brings in H2H. In where Chewie has more going for him as far as physical stats go, that are on paper anyway, coupled with his own fighting skill. If the two were equal within their physicals, then sure I can see Jango winning more often than not, but that isn't the case here.

But again, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

May 20th 2020, 6:33 pm
@Zenwolf

Well my point wasn't necessarily that Chewie couldn't replicate the feats (though countering my argument with why Chewie couldn't do it too kind of counters the point of showing feats and such since are the one who has to substantiate why he could), but the point is rather that Jango isn't so far off in strength, while he's alot more skilled as a combatant. Its about showing why the gap isn't as great as you think it is. Jango can kill people with single punches or kills, which shows to superhuman physicalities in on itself. He's also causally kicked down durasteel doors and cracked what could be either a durasteel or beskar helmet. 
Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  37851210

Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  44087110

Jango Fett vs Chewbacca  Screen10
(Latter scan is again from ISV's great Jaster Mereel RT)

But I agree that its likely that Chewbacca could accomplish all of these feats just as well. Maybe even better. But basing the entire logic on wookiees being > humans in strength doesn't make sense when clearly Jango is stronger than any human in real life.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum