Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

Qui gon Jinn vs Exar kun Empty Qui gon Jinn vs Exar kun

May 10th 2020, 3:29 pm
Sabers only
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

Qui gon Jinn vs Exar kun Empty Re: Qui gon Jinn vs Exar kun

May 10th 2020, 3:46 pm
Kun nearly blitzes
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

May 10th 2020, 7:00 pm
Sabers only? I wouldn't say Kun blitzes but he's a big threat for Jinn. 

Depends where you place Kun in sabers among the PT titans.
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

May 10th 2020, 7:07 pm
TheNuisanceBird wrote:Sabers only? I wouldn't say Kun blitzes but he's a big threat for Jinn. 

Depends where you place Kun in sabers among the PT titans.
 Nah id say he blitzes 
I have dooku blitzing ( or nearly blitzing ) Jinn, and i have Kun slightly over Dooku in their respective primes.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

May 10th 2020, 11:41 pm
Kun blitzes
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

May 11th 2020, 1:55 am
I suck at trying to justify match ups between Tales characters and Prequel-era characters. There's not really a reliable way for me to scale the saber skill of the Tales characters to the characters in the PT. I'm inclined to say Kun would take it, since he's supposedly one of, if not the best swordsman of his era, while Jinn is supposedly only a 7 on the Gillard scale. That said, I'm going to try and give a bit of reasoning, to the best of my ability. 

The problem I have with Kun is just how few lightsaber duels we see him in, and even more so, how few we can actually quantify. 

Early on, he beats Crado and Sylvar, but that was before either of them had done anything notable. They were both pre-prime, and Sylvar even managed to land a claw strike on Kun's face before he beat her. Against Vodo-Siosk Baas, Kun was actually initially defeated pretty decisively, until Crado threw a second lightsaber into the mix. So pre-prime Kun isn't actually superior to Baas, imo. He only wins by basically hammering through the Force augmentation on Baas' lightsaber, which is more of a demonstration of Kun's superior strength in the Force than it is any sort of indication of superior swordsmanship. Then we have Kun stalemating a pre-prime Ulic Qel-Droma. This is unquestionably Kun's best feat, in my opinion, since we've seen Qel-Droma is capable of quickly dispatching the likes of Warb Null. Warb Null was strong enough to duel two or three more typical Jedi at once in a prior fight. And the final duel against Baas again had Kun win by smashing through Baas' staff. Sure, Baas was on the defense for most of that duel (once Kun's second blade was active), but he was beaten by a failing of his own weapon, not by superior swordsmanship. 

With Qui-Gon, I run into a similar issue as what we have with Kun. A very small pool of actual feats regarding lightsaber duels. My best way to try and find a comparison here would be to look at Qui-Gon's prior feats, and try and see if there are any parallels I can draw. I can't think of much I can do with Qui-Gon's inferiority to Maul, honestly. But, we have seen Qui-Gon hold his own against Xanatos and Feemor at once (he was beaten by Xanatos' strategy in the end, but he performed admirably before that). Feemor is pretty typical for a Jedi, while Xanatos is certainly above average. This should put Qui-Gon at least in the same ballpark as Warb Null, if not a bit superior. But since a pre-prime Kun scales above the pre-prime Ulic who beat Null, that should indicate Kun should be capable of decisively defeating Qui-Gon.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum