Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

16 BBY Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Tyranus Empty 16 BBY Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Tyranus

May 3rd 2020, 1:36 pm
Can this version of Kenobi overcome Darth Tyranus?
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

16 BBY Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Tyranus Empty Re: 16 BBY Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Tyranus

May 3rd 2020, 2:52 pm
Dooku.

Last edited by Set, The God of Chaos on May 21st 2020, 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

16 BBY Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Tyranus Empty Re: 16 BBY Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Tyranus

May 3rd 2020, 3:48 pm
Yeah I don't see Kenobi winning this unless Dooku's there for Luke.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

May 3rd 2020, 3:58 pm
Dooku, comfortably. Only chance of a victory for Kenobi is if Tyranus goes for Luke
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

May 3rd 2020, 4:00 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:Dooku, comfortably. Only chance of a victory for Kenobi is if Tyranus goes for Luke

Yeah even in that case Dooku still may have it. It's not like he's going to overextend like Maul did and even if Kenobi goes all out on the offense I don't think it'd work.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

May 3rd 2020, 4:02 pm
It’s not about offence or defence, Kenobi will just simply have the will of the Force on his sleeve, compelling Dooku to die again
LOTL

May 3rd 2020, 4:09 pm
Obi Wan. I am not sure to what extent he is past his prime but it is probably not by a big amount
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 3rd 2020, 4:11 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
As the OP, I say that Old Wounds is C Canon for this thread 16 BBY Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Tyranus 1019854026
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

May 3rd 2020, 4:45 pm
With the OP stipulating that Old wounds is now C Canon, i am inclined to say that kenobi blitzes, by virtue of never having read Old wounds at all
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 3rd 2020, 4:55 pm
Jedi_Jesus wrote:With the OP stipulating that Old wounds is now C Canon, i am inclined to say that kenobi blitzes, by virtue of never having read Old wounds at all

You can read Old Wounds online, it's from Star Wars: Visionaries.
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

May 3rd 2020, 5:00 pm
Latham2000 wrote:
Jedi_Jesus wrote:With the OP stipulating that Old wounds is now C Canon, i am inclined to say that kenobi blitzes, by virtue of never having read Old wounds at all

You can read Old Wounds online, it's from Star Wars: Visionaries.
prolly gonna do that  tbh. Thanks for the heads up.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

May 3rd 2020, 9:44 pm
If Dooku threatens Luke he gets blitzed by Sids+ speed.

If not, even at this point Ben is a "warrior turned old man overnight" who is numb to the force and when he calls on it feels "only pain". He dies badly.
Lord Eon
Lord Eon

May 11th 2020, 8:22 am
Dooku
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 11th 2020, 10:46 am
If not, even at this point Ben is a "warrior turned old man overnight" who is numb to the force and when he calls on it feels "only pain". He dies badly.

You've massively taken that out of context.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

May 11th 2020, 8:42 pm
even without Old Wounds, Kenobi wins for the simple fact that he is on par with Hett at least
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

May 12th 2020, 3:48 am
Don’t ever say that again
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 12th 2020, 7:03 am
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 12th 2020, 7:48 am
16 BBY Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Tyranus Scree125

Two second choke grip on defences down Kenobi = Dooku can stomp defences up Kenobi. 16 BBY Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Tyranus 1668617588
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 12th 2020, 7:52 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@BoD

Two second choke grip on defences down Kenobi = stomp.

I could address this, but I'm not going to...

Your reply can be summed up with a single word: strawmann.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 12th 2020, 7:55 am
Considering that you responded with an out of context clip, the irony here is palpable.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 12th 2020, 7:58 am
BoD wrote:Considering that you responded with an out of context clip, the irony here is palpable.

Elaborate on the context here, oh wise, BoD.

And there's no irony: what I perceive to be irrelevant you may consider to be important context. That's called a disagreement - it's not equivalent to some sort of fallacy, like the strawmann you just pulled off.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 12th 2020, 8:22 am
Elaborate on the context here, oh wise, BoD

I have in the past, as have several other users. As you tend to do, you ignore it because it contradicts with your interpretation. The screenshot above alone is enough to give you a sense of the context.

And there's no irony: what I perceive to be irrelevant you may consider to be important context. That's called a disagreement - it's not equivalent to some sort of fallacy, like the strawmann you just pulled off.

In which case, it's not a straw-man. It's a miscommunication whereby you misinterpret underlying context as being some kind of attempt to misconstrue the fight, which is not what's happening.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 12th 2020, 8:40 am
@BoD

I have in the past, as have several other users.

And unfortunately, they were all wrong.  16 BBY Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Tyranus 1289255181

As you tend to do, you ignore it because it contradicts with your interpretation.

People with glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Irregardless of that fact, I ignored the little detail you highlighted in the screenshot because I don't think it changes anything - not because I'm rigidly set in my interpretation and can't change my opinion: I can cite a multitude of firm beliefs I've held that I now disagree now with due to new evidence being presented.

The screenshot above alone is enough to give you a sense of the context.

The screenshot doesn't tell me anything other than that Kenobi was off-balance when Dooku ragdolled him. And guess who caused that...

Spoiler:

If that's the most you can cite, I'm afraid this discussion will come to a close rather quickly, with the final conclusion being that Dooku can pretty much destroy Kenobi whenever the latter attempts to mount an offensive.

In which case, it's not a straw-man. It's a miscommunication whereby you misinterpret underlying context as being some kind of attempt to misconstrue the fight, which is not what's happening.

16 BBY Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Tyranus 39523600

I'm not trying to misconstruct the events - I just watched ROTS and came to a conclusion based on the evidence right in front of my eyes, then linked my findings to my dear friend LOTL, who has some trouble accepting reality.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 12th 2020, 10:14 am
CAGE
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

May 12th 2020, 10:50 am
CuckedCurry wrote:Don’t ever say that again

I'd rather have Kenobi on the same tier as Hett than fucking Dooku being able to ragdoll him willy nilly my dude. Like I don't like Hett, and he's not this god tier of the darktimes/OT but he's also not sub TPM Kenobi
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum