Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

ROS Kylo Ren + ROS Rey VS TCW Anakin skywalker ( S5 )  Empty ROS Kylo Ren + ROS Rey VS TCW Anakin skywalker ( S5 )

May 1st 2020, 10:41 am
Morals are On
Distance: 25 meters apart 
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

ROS Kylo Ren + ROS Rey VS TCW Anakin skywalker ( S5 )  Empty Re: ROS Kylo Ren + ROS Rey VS TCW Anakin skywalker ( S5 )

May 1st 2020, 11:20 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Kylo could solo
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

ROS Kylo Ren + ROS Rey VS TCW Anakin skywalker ( S5 )  Empty Re: ROS Kylo Ren + ROS Rey VS TCW Anakin skywalker ( S5 )

May 1st 2020, 11:23 am
Nute_Chethray wrote:Kylo could solo
based 
but got any reasons why
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

May 1st 2020, 12:02 pm
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Jedi_Jesus wrote:
Nute_Chethray wrote:Kylo could solo
based 
but got any reasons why
Hardly, I heavily dislike Kylo. 

Mainly the fact that in each movie Kylo is noted to grow, especially in TROS, and that is before growth in pre-TFA comics. 

In his first appearance IU (before his training with Snoke began), he easily dodged lightsaber attacks from three jedi initiates (with same training as him), killed one the moment he went on the offensive, and then effortlessly ragdolled the two others, before bringing down a massive temple entrance with a gesture. 

He continued to beat Ren, a forceuser stronger than the initiates, and with the same attack he killed him (a mix of a stab with a lightsaber and a all-round lightning blast), he also pushed back all the knights of Ren as well as a jedi initiate

It should be noted that two knights of Ren managed to capture Chewbacca, who managed to overwhelm Vader in melee (albeit due to a favourable enviroment). the knights were also said to be perfect material for inquisitors. 

"Force sensitive, but to a stunted degree. In past generations, they would have been perfect stock to become Imperial Inquisitors--if they could be tamed". 

Kylo noted that it was Snoke's teachings that made him strong, making evident of great growth after this: 

TFA Novelization wrote wrote:“It is your teachings that make me strong, Supreme Leader.”

In Age of Resistance - Hux, Kylo manages to kill a large beast with a single tk gesture. That is after he and Hux crashed from atmosphere in a shuttle, and he had tanked the crash with a shield strong enough to avoid any harm, as well as to lift the shuttle off them both with another gesture. All of these feats accheived with apparent little strain. 

In Age of Resistance - Kylo Ren, Kylo Ren manages to kill a zillo beast that Vader was noted to have been unable to beat. Vader being unable to was from the view of a trooper so might be fallible, but beating a Zillo Beast in on itself is impressive, due to what we saw it do in TCW. 

Perhaps his most impressive feat pre-TFA though, is him destroying the Dagobah cave with pure TK in Age of Resistance - Snoke.

And again, all of this is pre-TFA. 

During TFA Kylo is noted to be one of the strongest combatants in the history of SW: 

Starwars.com wrote wrote:"Kylo Ren has a lifetime of training and practice, is one of the most powerful combatants in the history of Star Wars, and is the leader of the Knights of Ren."

During his fight with Rey, after he was disarmed, Kylo blocked multiple lightsaber strikes with the force:

TFA Novelization wrote wrote:“The weapon went flying into the snow. Unarmed, he raised a hand and utilized the Force to fend off one slashing blow after another, until finally her fury penetrated his remaining defenses.”

This is despite being severly hindered by both killing Han and by being shot by a bowcaster, to the point he could barely lift a lightsaber with the force:  

TFA Novelization wrote wrote:“Stunned by his own action, Kylo Ren fell to this knees. Following through on the act ought to have made him stronger, a part of him believed. Instead, he found himself weakened.”

TFA Novelization wrote wrote:"The hilt wobbled in the snow. Pulling it through the Force proved more strenuous than it should. The pain of Ren's wound clouded his concentration."

Then add all the growth from TLJ and TROS, and he should be above Anakin as of S5 (sorry for no pictures, i wrote this in a hurry and don't have time to find them all) 
xmysticgohanx
xmysticgohanx

May 1st 2020, 7:17 pm
Either of them solo. Together they beat even prime movie 3 Anakin
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

May 1st 2020, 7:19 pm
xmysticgohanx wrote:Either of them solo. Together they beat even prime movie 3 Anakin

Lol What
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

May 1st 2020, 8:10 pm
kylo solos
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

May 2nd 2020, 3:12 am
I'm assuming no Legends feats for Anakin?

If that's the case, then yeah, Ben solos. Ben/Kylo Ren's feats in The Rise of Kylo Ren make it pretty clear that he's a major powerhouse, even before repeated periods of growth, as stated above. Anakin just doesn't have the feats to really compare in canon. When it comes to the Force, everything Anakin has done, Kylo Ren has done bigger and better (not counting Mortis shenanigans). 

An argument could be made that Anakin is the better swordsman, though. Anakin regularly contended with the likes of Count Dooku, who has better dueling feats than anything Kylo Ren has accomplished. Ben's feat against Voe, Tai, and Hennix in The Rise of Kylo Ren is less impressive than Cheth makes it seem. While it isn't shown on-panel, Ben does receive several injuries during his duel against the Jedi trio, as can be observed by his tattered appearance when he greets the Knights of Ren. At the start of his duel with the three, his robes were completely untarnished, but by the end, his outfit was shredded, and he had a few small scrapes and bruises that can be seen. This implies the three Jedi landed more hits on him than what we see in the panels. 

Compare this performance to Dooku's duel against, say, Asajj, Naa'leth, and Karis (the greatest warriors in the Nightsister clan), and I think it's clear that Dooku is a better swordsman than Ben Solo. Dooku, while poisoned and fighting against three semi-invisible foes, still managed to hold off all three for a long period of time before being disarmed, and still ultimately won with the Force without receiving any noticeable injury. Meanwhile, Ben Solo fighting three Padawan-level threats received numerous off-panel injuries, when one of the three (Tai) wasn't even actually engaging in the fight (he was instead trying to calm Ben with the Force). 

With Anakin being comparable to Dooku as a swordsman, and Ben's growth as a duelist being unquantifiable, I feel it's fair to award Anakin an edge as a duelist. But I can't think of any Force feats S5 Anakin has displayed that put him in the same ballpark as Kylo Ren. The moment Anakin starts putting serious pressure on Kylo Ren during a duel, Kylo would just freeze him in place with the Force or something and cut him down.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

May 2nd 2020, 12:31 pm
I actually didn't notice his robes were tattered, my mistake ROS Kylo Ren + ROS Rey VS TCW Anakin skywalker ( S5 )  1289255181

I wouldn't really say Kylo would beat Anakin in sabers only either, but I would be hesitant to let Anakin scale over that Dooku feat, considering Dooku has repeatedly shown an aptitude at fighting multiple opponents at once, and in the end won by lightning, a power Anakin doesn't possess. Even so I agree Anakin would beat Kylo in pure dueling through as you say, more impressive feats
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 2nd 2020, 12:44 pm
Neither of them have a chance against Anakin in sabers, who's repeatedly strained (and even gained the edge against) Dooku in TCW and who has feats that outclass theirs by a laughable margin, on top of much better training. Collectively, they're noticeably more powerful than him, but that depends on how enraged he becomes.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 2nd 2020, 2:16 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Anakin gets one shotted.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum